Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

Ref Code SOaOO

I am receiving a Ref code SOaOO on one of my two TV's with the "ONE MOMENT PLEASE, This channel should be available shortly " message displayed.  Of course it hasn't changed in over an hour.  Now some more info:  It is on channel 137, which is the Hallmark Channel, and is the only channel I can see that is affected.  I have noticed on my HD box that the display remains at 137 rather than reverting to the time as it does on all other channels.

I previously mentioned two TV's, well on my other TV (also on an HD box), I have no problem viewing Channel 137.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Re: Ref Code SOaOO

Your are having signal issues to your set top boxes.  Since they are both doing it, more likely it is an outside issue.  I am figuring you have Comcast HSI, so if your HSI is holding up, it possibly would be downstream from where the splitter to the modem and the TV jacks are split.

It could also very well be just affecting some or most of your TV channels freqs but not affecting the channel your downstream HSI comes down. 

It is very common to have signal issues due to loose / corrorded / wet f connectors, splitters and drop cable issues that will not affect all your frequencies.  It could only be one connection in the home causing it.

Let us know if you do have Comcast HSI, and how your wiring in your home is split between the EMTA / modem and the TV jacks.  The more we know about your wiring the more we can help.

Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

Jay, thanks for your response, but I am not having signal issues on both of my set top boxes.  I can receive the station in question in my bedroom, but not in my living room.  There is only one channel affected in the living room (that I have discovered so far). 

There is nothing wrong with my internet.

I have a box on the outside wall.  We had Comcast TV, and then added HSI.  I would imagine there is a splitter in the box on the outside wall.  Not sure about where the split between the two TV lines would be.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Next things to try:

Wiggle the coax cables behind the TV with the problem.  Make sure you do not have any coaxial cables routed thru a AC surge protector.  Check the conditions of the coaxial jumper cables between the outlet and set top box.

Swap the 2 boxes around and see if it follows the box or stays with the outlet.  Maybe it's the set top box failing.

We can then work from there.

Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

First of all thanks Jay, I learned something today.

I have never seen a coax cable affect only one channel. 

I have a splitter behind my TV, main input, line to the HD box and another output to my DVD Recorder.  I wiggle it and the picutre comes in ( although not clear), so I wiggle connectors individually and the input is the one that does the trick to get the picture to come in clear.  However, while I am wiggling, my wife is watching and changing channels and the other channels she checked are clear - regardless of if the channel in question is clear, present or not.

The coax feels weird to me.  I am used to a coax being semi rigid, while this coax seems semi limp right behind the connector (like the shield may be broken).  Anyway it's working now, but looks like getting a tech out to check it would be the best idea.

Thanks for your assistance!

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Stop by your local Comcast office or flag down a tech, and ask for a few new dependable RG6 jumpers with compression connectors.  Sounds like you don't need a tech out unless your are paying for the inside wiring service plan.  Hit him up for a new splitter while your at it.

I can send you whatever you need if you PM me.

Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

Jay I appreciate your offer, but think I'll just get a tech out as my wife says there has also been some really fuzzy channels form time to time lately (like after a rainstorm).  We have had that problem before and they found corroded connectors on the outside pole, so I'll just call it in and hopefully get it all taken care of.

Thanks again for your help!