Contributor
smcndfan

Ref code: S0a00

I'm getting this on just some of my channels.  It says  "One moment please.  This channel should be available shortly"  The channel never comes on.  Its happening on just some of the channels that I usually  receive in the 100 -200 numbers.

Of course when you talk to someone at Comcast for help they want to send out a technician so they can charge you.

I have had the cable boxes since April so they are not new.

Any ideas onhow to fix this?  I checked all the plugs to make sure they were connected.

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Re: Ref code: S0a00

did you unplug the box?  checked connectors?   I was having the same issue and needed a tech to come out and replace some wiring.  If you pay for the maintenance you shouldn't be charged for the visit. 

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

You most likely need a tech out to troubleshoot your marginal signal level and bring it up to proper levels for troublefree service.

Check that your F connectors are snug at the back of the box, the TV outlet and any accessable splitters. Make sure you are not routing your coax through any AC surge protector strip coax ports.  If you can reduce the number of splitters in the home, you might be able to bring the signal level up to proper levels. 

Your issue can also be outside with the drop cable, fittings and other RF coax issues that the tech will check and repair.

Comcast will not charge you for outside issues or equipment issues.  Comcast can charge you if the issue is with your inside coax cabling and splitters as they are owned by the homeowner just like your electrical, plumbing and inside telephone wiring.  If you pay for Comcast wire mainntenance, then your inside repairs would normally be covered.

Official Employee
ComcastKeisha

--

Sorry about the issues you are having. I will have someone reach out to you very soon to get this issue resolved.

Thank You
-Keisha-
New Visitor
rlee904

I have been having that same error code. I have called Comcast on 2 occasions. They have sent signals to the box, I have unplugged the box etc. A technician came out and all he did was change the box, but the problem still persists. You can look at some channels but any channel over 200 I get that Please wait message and nothing ever shows. I am frustrated that this has been going on for months and has not been resolved yet I'm paying a lot for comcast.

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

rlee904

Please call Comcast again and insist on a tech visit.  You need a tech out to find and fix your signal issues as they will not fix themselves.  Don't hang up until they setup a appointment for a tech to come out.

Visitor

Having this same issue on all 3 TV's on EVERY channel!! so it’s obviously not a cable box issue.. Noticed last night that our Digital box kept pixilating but just chalked it up to a fluke.. now today nada.. Grr!  Then when we call and tell the CS rep that we have Internet but no TV he says " that’s impossible"  Where do they get these CS techs?!?! I’m an IT person and get disgusted when talking to them.

New Visitor
Gojulas

I just started getting this message on both boxes a few days ago. I swapped out the splitter for a pricy gold plated one from Radio Shack, but no dice. Half my channels are just gone.

They will be sending a tech out this Sunday. I know it's not the box (or why else would this happen on both of them?). What should I ask or make sure they do? I don't want to get jerked around.

New Visitor
slinkybrew

At exactly 7am our cable boxes shut down with the same error code of S0a00.  My internet works just fine via dongel for the net 2 go...  phone works but the house internet is down as well as all the cable boxes. 

New Visitor
jp62768

Before you pay for a tech or waste any time check all splitters and connections.  I replaced my splitter and put new ends on the cables and it fixed the problem. 

New Visitor

I am getting this code on The Bravo channel only. It's been like this for two days. Is this an isolated problem with this channel?
Visitor

FYI for all.. Our issue was a signal booster that they had put in our Cable box outside quite a few years ago. It died and because it was only on the Cable TV side and not the Data side is why it only affected the cable.

they had put it there at a time when the development was in its infancy and the signals coming from the poles were not good. Since then they have run all new cables to the poles and the signal now is fine so we just took the signal booster out and voila all fixed.

Contributor
smcndfan

I just got Comcast in April and this is the second time a tech has to come out to the house.

New Visitor
Lws2008

I am having the same problem they came and redid our cable line last night and our box in the living room is still not working...

New Visitor
DJ_Zombot

I've had this issue on and since I moved. First they replaced all the wiring. Then they said it was something to do with the box outside. It happened again this weekend. So far, I missed the Ravens season opener, two other Raven's games (Arizona & Cleveland) and not.....the Superbowl. I'm probably gonna just cancel service as it obviously can't be relied upon.

New Visitor
jdawg24

I've had the same issue, all i had to do was clean up the wiring in the back of the box and tv and it magically went away.  The wierd thing was that I only had the problem on a couple of the channels, never had it again after i cleaned up the wiring in the back.  Seemed like an interference issue(cables touching each other and whatnot)

Contributor
smcndfan

I had a technician come to the house 3 times already and I am still having the same problem.  I haven't even had Comcast for a year.  If its not fixed this time I'm switching to Verizon.

Contributor
smcndfan

Since Comcast can't provide quality service I shouldn't be paying full price.  What are the odds of them giving me a credit on my bill?  None.