New Visitor
MJChelsea

Remote Cable Light Blinks Twice Then TV Light Keeps on Blinking

My remote is not working. I removed the batteries and put them back in to try to reboot the remote without luck. I also have tried fresh batteries. All I get is the cable light (on the remote) blinks twice and then the TV light starts blinking without stopping. I really don't want to go to the Comcast office to exchange it. This is becoming an every-four-months occurrence. 

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Re: Remote Cable Light Blinks Twice Then TV Light Keeps on Blinking

so every four months your remote goes bad?  that makes no sense, I have had mine for 10 years no problem.  what remote is it.  you have to take the batteries out for a few hours to let the remote reset.

click this link to read how to reset the remote.  This is a simple google search on your issue.

http://carpesomediem.hubpages.com/hub/How-to-Reset-a-Comcast-DVR-Remote

Bronze Problem Solver

I had the exact same symptoms you did last night and I tried everything to fix it. Then I noticed a stuck up arrow key. It was stuck under the metal ever so slightly I had a hard time seeing it. I freed up the key and it started working like a champ. Try closely checking your remote for a slightly stuck key. I hope this helps you.

New Visitor
MJChelsea

Thanks for the information. The remote is the silver one with the grey OK/Select button. I had the batteries out overnight and had no luck with it rebooting. I also tried the reset in the link you sent me and I wasn't able to get to the point where pressing the setup key had any effect.  Again, thanks for the tips.

New Visitor
MJChelsea

Thanks for the troubleshooting tip. None of the buttons seemed to be stuck. I went through all the buttons with the batteries out and all of them seemed to be working normally. I guess I'll stop by Comcast today to exchange it.

New Visitor
MurphyDogMN

I had the same issue and discovered one of the keypad buttons stuck just a little bit under the remote cover. The way the remote "thinks", that button is constantly being pressed, which is why the Cable light stays on. Once I freed the stuck button, everything returned to normal.