New Visitor
kj6ko

Remote Code for LG Sound Bar?

Anyone have a remote code to use the Xfinity DVR remote with an LG NB3520A 300W Sound Bar?

None of the LG codes work and there are NO LG devices listed under "sound devices".  Works the LG TV fine, but not the sound bar's volume.

Thanks..

Silver Problem Solver
andyross

Re: Remote Code for LG Sound Bar?

Unless it uses the same codes as an LG receiver (if such a thing exists), then it probably is not supported. The remote is mainly just for the box, TV's, and standard receivers. Trying to run anything else is a stretch.

If it's one of the Comcast silver or gray remotes, they can be programmed using the JP1 connector in the battery compartment. You can add your own codes, if you know what you are doing. There is user-created programs to do it, but it's not as simple as something like a Harmony remote.

New Visitor
kj6ko

It is a new grey DVR remote.  I only need VOL for the sound bar.  I am proficient in programming if it takes some extra codes.  Fire away!!

New Visitor
kj6ko

By the way, I tried several codes listed for a different type of Comcast remote that listed "LG Sound Devices" but it would not accept them.  I assumed it may work as all the TV codes werew the same between the two remotes. No dice! 

What are these special programming techniques you speak of?

Just need VOL and maybe power, but not necessary.  It has auto power up when any remote is pointed at it.

Thanks.

Silver Problem Solver
andyross

This site covers JP1 programming, which is the connector in the battery compartment:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/

I don't know if there is an existing code that may work, and you could do some key mapping to put the codes on the volume keys. Othewise, you would have to add your own upgrade using a JP1.x cable.

You can ask on the forums to see if anyone knows something. I didn't see an obvious upgrade in the files section. Some of the more advanced people can use files from other remotes to create upgrades.

Silver Problem Solver
andyross

Should add that you may also want to look for the RCA RCRP05B universal remote. It can be found at Best Buy and elsewhere. It's relatively cheap (under $20). The cable setting defaults to a Motorola-compatible code, and has all the keys needed, plus more (like 30-second skip) already added. Better yet, it's a LEARNING remote, so you can teach it the volume controls for your sound bar.

This is also a JP1 remote that you can program with your computer and a JP1.x cable.

New Visitor
kj6ko

You would think since it is an LG TV and an LG Sound Bar someone would be smart enough to make the two compatible!  Not to mention, trying to get all the functions of the Comcast DVR remote into another programmable remote (there are always buttons missing) would be a nightmare!  I think I'll just wait for someone to add the codes to the Comcast list or figures a way to upload them via the jumper on the back.

New Visitor
Champ13

Any luck here? I'm trying to find the code as well but haven't had too much luck. Were you able to find the code for the sound bar?
New Visitor
Jeromie

Hi, everyone! 

We just bought a new LG TV and LG sound bar tonight. Has there been any updates for this? I would imagine that there should be by now?

Thanks.

New Visitor

I have the same question.  I have the NB3520a and would like to sync with my Comcast remote

New Visitor
BadAnimal

I just bought the LG NB2020A sound bar from Best Buy, I like it so far.

Would like to map it to my Comcast remote.

Please help. Code needed.

New Visitor
Tv12345

Remote code is 31293
New Visitor
aftershock2276

works like a charm. thank you so much.

New Visitor
lord_stanley_3

Thank you so much.  worked like a charm for us too.   now I can go to sleep

Tv12345 wrote:
Remote code is 31293

Contributor
JeremyMorel

Hi there. I have the same soundbar (nb3530a). The code mentioned here doesn't seem to work for the X1 system. (remote XR2). Any other suggestions? I'm dying to get this resolved! Thanks!!
New Visitor
abyzet

Bump. Above code does not work for LG NB3510A. Any update?

New Visitor
SupportGuy3

I just got the new dark gray xfinity remote and the code works for me.  I think that new remotes have the new codes.

Contributor
JeremyMorel

[ Edited ]
Please reiterate what code you're using? I have the XR2 version U2 remote which is the latest revision. If you have it working, so should I. :smileywink:
Contributor
sadsoccerfan

I have the lg sound bar 2020A. TH eremote code 31293 did not work for me as well even though i believed i had the latest version remote control. Had to replace the remote for another issue, and when i tried the code again, now it worked!! The may have changed something lately that i wasnt aware of. (note, i have the dark grey remote with the red ok button) I would suggest replacing your remote and trying again. Worked for me!

New Visitor
JJ_Lasher

I just bought the NB3530A LG Sound Bar, and very happy to report that 31293 worked with my silver Comcast remote with the red select button.  Thanks!

Contributor
JeremyMorel

So ill try to be explicitly clear [again]. This code works with remotes used to control systems PRIOR to the Xfinity X1 system. These remotes are silvery/grey in color. The NEW remote which I'm trying to find a code for controls the X1 system and has a black xfinity button with red writing. The remote model is XR2 version U2. Can anyone tell me if they have a code working on the remote I describe as opposed to others?
New Visitor
Moreno87

Hi everyone!! I am having some issues! I have the Lg Sound-bar, but when using my Comcast silver remote it doesn't work! I thought I should be using the aux button, hold setup until light flashes twice, then enter code 31293!! Nothing happens not even the double light after the code! Can anyone please assist me??
New Visitor
Alexjabs

Remember that you have to unlock the volume function. It's default is to control the tv only, even if you are on aux. hold setup, type 993 then press aux. it will now control the sound bar only (even if you are in tv or cable mode). It's in the manual to the left of troubleshooting.
New Visitor
inketsu

Has there been an update to this?  I also have the LG NB3730A sound bar.  The 31293 code does not work on my silver comcast remote with red OK button.

After entering the code, the AUX light remains on for an extended period of time indicating that the code was not accepted.

Anyone have a solution?

New Visitor
BayerInMichigan

This code worked for me. Don't forget to press power after you entered the code 31293.

Contributor
JeremyMorel

Ugh... Guys... I'm asking about the X1 system with the XR2 remote. NOT the predecessor systems with the silver or gray remotes. I'm dying here! :smileywink:
New Visitor
mjxfinity

Does anyone have a Code for LG NB3520A soundbar for Xfinity silver remote with Red Ok button?

Thanks

New Visitor
mjxfinity

Did you ever find a code that worked?

New Visitor
TigerKneeCrush

Tv12345 wrote:
Remote code is 31293

Works! *thumbs up*

New Visitor
bdmtri57

AWESOME!!!  I've been trying for HOURS online, comcast, lg, multi online conversations and NO body new anything, BUT!!!   this code 31293 works for my 

LG Electronics BH6730S 1000 Watt 3D Home Theater System

THANK YOU!!
New Visitor
123adip

replace the comcast remote !!!

Contributor
JeremyMorel

Did you spend time searching this forum out just to come here and troll with useless input?
New Visitor
123adip

i spend 10 years with comcast.... acctually its very truth response ,people will found out ! 

New Visitor
123adip

my answer was for moreno his case was mine to >>>

New Visitor
123adip

see sadsoccerfan !

New Visitor
ocasey80

Just thought I'd let everybody know...if inputting the code doesn't work, it REALLY is the remote.  I had another (more recent tv upstairs with a newer comcast remote and the code worked with that remote.  So get a new remote and it will probably work.

Contributor
JeremyMorel

PLEASE verify that we're talking the same remote here. The one I'm referring to is for the X1 system (Remote XR2, version U2). Best I can tell everyone who has the 31293 code working is using the earlier remote and boxes.
New Visitor

I have a new Comcast silver remote and have just purchased a 42 inch LG and the NB3530A sound bar. The Geek Squad at Best Buy were clueless regarding the sybchronization of the Comcast Remote and the sound bar. The 31293 code immediately woked to turn the sound bar on and off with the all on button. The volume was easily synchronized by using the volume unlock code of 993 as described above and in the Comcast remote manual. Simply hold the set up button, type 993 and then press aux. The Comcast remote with then turn the soundbar on and off and adjust the volume. Any fine tuning will have to be done with the sound br remote. For best results turn the TV volume low with the sound bar off. Then ajust the volume with the sound bar on. mich richer sound.

New Visitor
wthorpe453

Hi , I've tried all the codes including 31293 with my xfinity remote...none work on my LG sound bar.  Suggestions?  I've also unlocked the volume...