New Visitor
mmaloney1304

Remote Control

I am trying to set up my remote control. I figured out how to set up the volume and the power. I read that the control should automatically be set up to work with the comcast cable box. Why is mine not working? Is there something I missed, that I need to do? Please help...

Thank you!

Visitor

Re: Remote Control

I have had nothing but problems with this remote since the switch. I am on my second set top box with a new remote and still have nothing but problems with the remote. After you hit the button you want 3 or 4 times it will usually work. Good luck.

mmaloney1304 wrote:

I am trying to set up my remote control. I figured out how to set up the volume and the power. I read that the control should automatically be set up to work with the comcast cable box. Why is mine not working? Is there something I missed, that I need to do? Please help...

Thank you!

New Visitor

Do you have anything that will tell me how to use the remote control? Thanks, Louan

New Visitor
clancy09

I have just changed out the tv in my bedroom and can't get the comcast remote to work as it should. I can only turn on and off the tv with the remote that came with the tv set, then I have to use the comcast remote to change the channels, however, the comcast remote won't work on the volume. I have to change to the tv remote to adjust the volume.  Can you help me?

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

have you all put in the codes for your tv's?

go here pick your remote follow instructions.

http://customer.comcast.com/Pages/HelpNFC.aspx?print=false&id=remotes

Recognized Contributor
halfband

@mmaloney1304,

yes the comcast supplied remote should work with the box you have (provided it was supplied to you by comcast with that box.)  The two most common issues are, the batteries are bad (if the remote has an led indicator, does it blink when depressing buttons.)  Occasionally you get a mismatched remote for the equipment you are given. 

Visitor

Thank you that did solve hooking my remote up to work my DVD. Know if you all could just make a better remote. Bonnie