Regular Contributor

Remote code for Sylvania LCD TV??

I have been trying and trying to get the Comcast remote at least turn my Sylvania LC427ssx on / off / volume etc...basic functions.

Comcast chat / help has provided over 2 dozen 5 digit codes, but none seem to work. This remote is the dark grey/graphite with red oval OK/enter button.

I have tried reading everything available and I think 3 or 4 times "chatted" now. I was given the 9-1-1- and channel + trial too. Nothing seems to "click"   :smileyhappy:

I have the same remote for another TV and tried everything on that one too. Does not work the Sylvania either. The Sylvania has a HD converter box. The other remote runs an Insignia TV with a HD DVR box. Tried swapping those remotes and ran each of the 25+ codes, and did the 9-1-1- channel + operation to no avail.

I also have 2 sets with the small digital adapters and their small all black remotes. On of those other sets is a Sylvania also. The small adapter remote from that set DOES operate the LC427ssx just fine. The techs didn't find any solution a couple months ago when they installed, nothing Comcast provides has worked, I haven't gotten any response or reply from Sylvania. Wondering if there is anything else to try??? Anyone have similar??? Any success?? THANKS!!!!

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

Re: Remote code for Sylvania LCD TV??

http://www.comcast.com/MediaLibrary/1/1/Customers/Customer_Support/Digital_Cable_with_OD/Digital_Cab...

I also put this on the other posting you replied to. It is the manual for the DTA remote in case you don't have a copy. Try the Slyvania codes on the full size box remotes and see if it works.

New Visitor
1965syndi

I'm having the same problem......did they ever resolve it???? Tried a total of 17+ codes also the 991 method still nothing - Suggestions - Help/Chat was "no help".

Contributor

You will not find Sylvania codes because Sylvania will not release code. 

Regular Contributor

I have another smaller Sylvania that the remote for my p.o.s. little digital converter box works fine for.

There were codes listed for that set/box/remote and it worked. The little remote actually works my bigger Sylvania set too. Why does Comcast list so many Sylvania codes if Sylvania does not release the info? I tried EVERY code and EVERY solution that Comcast had to offer w/o any luck. I mean EVERY code listed on their sheets, EVERY manufacturer ! ! ! Comcast's help and chat was no help either. I do not believe the "universal" remote will work with my set and it just needs to be admitted. I have just learned to keep 2 remotes out instead of just the one.  :smileysad:

Appreciate any updates or info if anyone does find a solution. Thanks and Good Luck!!!

New Visitor

Has there ever been a fix for this tv?  I will never buy a sylvania anything- and I can't understand why comcast can't have a tech guy make a fix for the ir code of the remote. 

Regular Contributor

I do not have any problems or blame for Sylvania at all. I have 2 of their sets and been very happy with the TVs themselves. Either Comcast or Motorola (their name is on my DVR and convertor boxes) needs to better support what they call a "Universal" remote. Or call it what it really is and add a disclaimer...Almost Universal Remote or Universal except Sylvania 'cause we don't get along with certain manufacturers type remote. It would seem simple enough of a fix, but...I guess not:smileysad:

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

how about these

004 008 009 062 068 069 074 075 076 077 133 161 163

Regular Contributor

codes are 5 digits

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

is this the remote, all these codes are 4 digits.

http://www.comcast.com/MediaLibrary/1/2/CM/VanityURL/documents/codes.pdf

Regular Contributor

different remote

has dvr controls too

I think CC refers to it as their grey model

I have a similar sheet of codes for the grey remote also, but they are all 5 digits

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

sorry if you have been given this already

Most likely code: 10054
Others to try: 10171, 11963, 11271, 10187, 10030, 11314, 10587

To program your Comcast remote:

1. Turn on the TV or other device that you would like to program.
  2. Press the TV button on your remote control.
    NOTE: If you would like to program your remote control to work with a DVD Player, VCR or Audio device press the AUX button.
  3. Press and hold Setup until the red light blinks twice, then release Setup.
  4. Enter the first code for your device listed above. If you perform this procedure correctly, the red light will blink twice.
    NOTE: If you enter an invalid code, the red light will display one long blink and exit the programming mode. Repeat steps 2 to 4 with a valid code.
  5. Aim the remote control at your device and press Power once (press the Play key for devices that don’t have a POWER button). If the TV turns off, make sure that the VOL+/- and Mute buttons also work. If so, you’re all set!
  6. If not, repeat these steps using the next manufacturer’s code (you may need to try several codes to find the one that works).

Regular Contributor

No need to apologize for trying to help us all out:smileyhappy:

VERY much appreciate the help ! ! !

I do have that. Actually printed out here at work with me still and at home in the drawer with the remotes.

Through Comcast's links and chats I was also sent some methods for being able to program everything and anything, but none had worked so far:smileysad:

Again, THANKS for trying to help!

Recognized Contributor

I don't know if this will help you but Sylvania TVs are made by the Funai Corporation. They also make all the following brands:

Sylvania, Emerson, Symphonic, Funai, and Magnavox

I got this info from their website:

If a remote code cannot be located by name you also may use Sylvania, Emerson, Symphonic, Funai, and also Magnavox codes.

Applies to Models:Sylvania LC427ssx and others.

Regular Contributor

I have tried all those codes also.

Thanks for the help also too:smileyhappy:

I actually attempted ALL the codes from Comcast's list.

New Visitor
anaxus

I found the Sylvania remote code. I searched and searched and spent LITERALLY 8 hours of my life hitting the channel + button.

I ended up after I found it doing a 9-9-0 then 1 through 5 to write down the code.

11864 - Sylvania Flatpanel LCD (EDTV) with built in DVD player.

Steps to programming comcast/xfinity remote for Sylvania LCD (EDTV) TV!

1. Turn TV on.
  2. Hold set till the light blinks twice.
  3. Enter in 1-1-8-6-4 and the light will blink twice.
  4. Hit power and watch your TV turn off!
  5. Enjoy!

Steps to programming comcast/xvinity remote for Sylvania LCD TV (if above steps fail)

1. Turn TV on.
  2. Hold the set button till the light blinks twice.
  3. Enter in 9-9-1 and the light will blink twice.
  4. Press the Channel + button until the TV turns off.
  5. Press set button to lock in code.
  6. Hold the set button till the light blings twice.
  7. Enter in 9-9-0 and the light will blink twice.
  8. Press the 1 digit to find out the FIRST number in the sequence. (write it down)
  9. Press the 2 digit to find out the Second number in the sequence. (write it down)
  10. Press the 3 digit to find out the Second number in the sequence. (write it down)
  11. Press the 4 digit to find out the Second number in the sequence. (write it down)
  12. Press the 5 digit to find out the Second number in the sequence. (write it down)
  13. Save code for later use (or post it here)
  14. Enjoy!
Regular Contributor

I will be giving this a shot this evening.

FINGERS CROSSED ! ! !

BIG THANKS !!!

Regular Contributor

DARN DARN darn darn :(

Still no luck!

Tried and tried still nothing.

New Visitor
nemohappy

Re: DARN DARN darn darn :(

I tried the 11864 code and I was at least able to change channels with the comcast remote. Still need the Sylvania remote for volume and power on/off - a HUGE step in the right direction in any case.

Regular Contributor

Re: DARN DARN darn darn :(

I will give that a try ... seems like there should have been an update of some sort by now !!!

From either side, Comcast or Sylvania. I have seen and read quite a few of these from a good amount of folks screwed by this. I am on my 3rd Comcast remote in the other room for a different Insignia set too. It always runs the converter/dvr but gives up on the TV set. New replacement works everything fine. WEIRD how just a certain section of the remote can fail

:smileysad:

THANKS for sharing your results:smileyhappy:

New Visitor
masterm0nk3y

I have the Sylvania 32" LCD TV LC320SS2 and the remote code that worked was 10171

Thanks!

New Visitor
masterm0nk3y

I have the Sylvania 32" LCD TV LC320SS2.

The remote code that worked was 10171

Thanks!

Regular Contributor

I had tried that code along with EVERY other one for EVERY manufacturer listed in the remotes instructions.

Your LC320SS2 and my LC427ssx must use different set ups of some sort:smileysad:

Appreciate the input though.

THANKS for sharing !!!!

New Visitor
nekochi

I own the Sylvania  (LD320SS2) flat screen TV the only diference in our model numbers is (LD) for mine and (LC) for yours. i have the Comcast silver remote with the red Ok button and I found the code # 10171 will operate all the functions in my TV except the built in DVD player. i have tryed all the codes listed for DVD and in the list and by using product name TV and model number but all I get is the same codes listed in the code sheet that came with my remote so I can not operate the DVD in my TV with the com cast remote and have to share the remote that came with the TV with my roommate when we want watch DVDS on the TV. I hope the code 10171 helps. And if anyone knows what code operates the DVD player in the Sylvania  (LD320SS2) could you please let me know I hope this code helps all who need A code to turn on and off and operate all the other things in their TV. Good luck.

New Visitor
richmay316

I have a LC321ss9 and I'm having the same problem.  This is rediculous.

New Visitor
nekochi

Thanks for thee help I have the code to work the box and turn on the tv just can not work the dvd player and have to share tv rerote Thanks anyway.

New Visitor
saltz80

LC320SSX with the silver remote with red "OK" is my contribution to the incompatible group.  We had it woking with the digital converter box, but the large Digital Cable box is a bust.  I see that some of you got codes to work for the LC320ss2 but for some reason, my model wont work.  Ive spent hours today trying to get it to work, tried all the recommended solutions and all the ones I saw here.  Worst part is I dont have a remote for the TV anymore.  Se if anyone has the solution for this TV please POST !

New Visitor

11864 is not on the list for any manufacturer.  It worked for my Sylvania LCD tv/dvd.

Thank you!!!

Contributor
rs_chap

Thanks for that .I will try it asap and report back!

New Visitor
BigKahunna

The 11864 dont work on mine.

Just switched from verizon & they had 1 tv they couldnt get and its now switched to this 1 for comcast.

New Visitor
uneksols

[ Edited ]

This code 11864 just worked for me!!! Thanks so much!

Contributor
rs_chap

11864 was not even able to be entered in my remote.

One long blink meaning it was invalid instead of 2 short ones:smileysad:

Thanks for sharing, but I am still out of luck.

New Visitor
Jimmyboy2

I have had the same problem getting the comcast controls programmed for Sylvania.  Code 11864 works for me on the small black remote but does not work on the larger grey remote.  Thanks anaxus for all your time.  Its been two years not and Comcast still hasn't posted your new found code.  Shame on them.

Contributor
sstiggy

[ Edited ]

I had the same issue previously when I had DirecTV, the remotes arent compatable with these TV's the codes that work for the tv arent available in these remotes, for DirecTV I had to buy the newest remotes DirecTV had out of my pocket and they worked fine after that, now that I'm with Comcast I'm back to square one

New Visitor

I have same issue. No codes work for this television and comcast remote for power on. Channel change yes (it's changing the box actually), volume and power no. Dissappointing.

New Visitor
gayla0301

Try 11864, it worked on my Sylvania LCD tv.

Contributor
sstiggy

11864 is the correct code, but the code isn't compatible with the remote
New Visitor
rmunch

I could never get my Comcast/Xfinity remote to function my Sylvania TV and have just lived with multiple remotes the past few years.  However, my original TV remote just died and so I was determined to get the Comcast remote to start working.  After going through the motions of trying to program the remote yet again, I came across this forum and found your suggestion for the 11864 code and it worked!  Thanks for posting it.

Contributor
sstiggy

Re: Sylvania LD320SS1 tv - no working remote code

Also if you happen to have a Samsung phone or tablet (they have IR blasters) the Peel app will control your Sylvania
Contributor
sstiggy

Also if you happen to have a Samsung phone or tablet (they have IR blasters) the Peel app will control your Sylvania, that is the one way I figured out to work the tv & receiver box with a single remote
Regular Contributor

I just got my Galaxy S4 phone a couple weeks ago.

Maybe I will give that a try soon.

Thanks

New Visitor
evab

Wow!!!!  Thank you, Thank you so.... much for sharing!   That actually worked!  :smileylaugh:

New Visitor
evab

Comcast should pay you for doing their job. 

Thanks again:smileyblush:

Contributor
sstiggy

Ok the comcast installer just came by yesterday to install the security system, he gave me the new dark grey remote, he says it's for the new boxes, and it worked with my Sylvania
Regular Contributor

I have a Samsung S4 now too, but have never tried using it...

AND...

I get 2 of the new super duper X1 dvr boxes Monday.

Wonder if the X1 remotes will work with both my TVs including the Sylvania that never worked before....?

Contributor
sstiggy

Yes the remotes for the x1 boxes are what the installer gave me
Regular Contributor

I had 2 new X1s installed last week.

The new remote still did not work for my TV:smileysad:

The tech said he was unable to get it programmed to operate the TV.

Really had hoped the new one would come through.

I have yet to go through ALL the codes again...

Anyone know which code had the best luck with their Sylvanias....?

Here I go again...

:smileysad:

Contributor
sstiggy

[ Edited ]
I have 2 Sylvania tv's the installer left me 2 of the dark remotes, one works perfectly and controls the tv, the other doesn't and actually won't even control the converter box, so I'm thinking it is an RF controller instead of IR

This is the remote that works
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii42/sstiggys/7357B7E3-27C6-43E7-ACEE-52A663A84A0C_zpsilvdz96v.jp...
Contributor

11864 worked for me on the Sylvania LC320SS9 & SS9A Thank you. It was driving my CRAZY!

Visitor

Worked for us.  Thank you so much.