New Visitor
Simron5

Remote codes

What is the remote code for Blu-ray DVD?  Manual lists no blu-rays.  I have Sony BDP-s570 and Comcast red remote (5-digit).

Contributor
Tittle5845

Re: Remote codes

Did you ever get an answer to your question about Remote Codes for Blu-Ray? It's been 6 months & I have the same question.

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

One person posted that they went and bought a cheap Sony universal remote which controlled the Blu-Ray along with the Comcast box.

The Comcast supplied universal remote will not control the Sony Blu-Ray's.

Silver Problem Solver
andyross

Again, the remote's primary usage is for cable. As it is, most of the keys are locked to cable mode. It's designed to let you turn your TV or AV system on and off, and use one of them for volume. It may also offer limited input selection on the TV. Anything beyond that is not what it was designed for.

The silver or newer gray remotes are programmable through the JP1 interface in the battery compartment. You can add your own upgrade codes if you want. You can see information about that here:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/ofa/

Contributor
Tittle5845

Well, I spent 4 hrs struggling with Comcast On-Line Chat Support on Monday & Tuesday regarding Remote Codes for Sony Blu-Ray Home Theater System BDV-E570. I was told all kinds of Junk.

I was told that the Remote Manufacturer makes up the Remote Codes & I should call Motorola & ask for the Blu-Ray Code. After I insisted that was Crazy Talk & asked for a Supervisor. I was finally told to, Just Go away, we're not going to do anything else.

I had read that the Sony RM-VL600 Remote Would control the Sony Blu-Ray, Cable & Sony TV. I located a newer Model, RM-VLZ620, at Best Buy for $25.99. It has multi device programmability, Macros to control several devices with 1 touch. When I got home I tried it out & you guessed it, Worked on Cable & TV but not on Blu-Ray.

I flipped out. I went to the Sony Site, On-Line Chat Support & got pretty much the same story.

"Something is different about the Blu-Ray, it works with the Supplied Remote & we are not responsible for making it work with any other Remote, even if it is a Sony Universal Remote & you are trying to use it with Sony Products".

Now I'm Homicidal!!! Sadly I slammed Sony on several Customer Review Sites (CNET, Sony, & New Egg). Then I went outside to cool down. While I was standing in the Cold (-5) I decided to by-pass On-Line Chat Support at Sony, bite the bullet & try Phone Tech Support. 45 minutes on Hold, listening to Ads, later I got to talk to Kenneth (probably not). Kenneth was a part of Remote Control Tech Support & apparently a 2nd Tier Support. He knew exactly what I was talking about. Ken says, The problem is with the Remote not the E570. He passed 2 little Gems to me while we were talking.

1. The BDV-E570 is not a Blu-Ray Player, it's a Blu-Ray Home Theater System. I & On-Line Chat at both Sony & Comcast, were looking in the wrong place for the Remote Code. We should have been looking in the DVD Home Theater System section of the Remote Codes. Counter Intuitive as He77! While there are no such Code listings in the Documentation provided by Comcast, the RM-VLZ620 does have DVD HTS Codes for Sony products in its Documentation.

2. The Code that Kenneth gave me worked like Magic. Woooo Hoooo, SCORE! THat Code is 31454.

And now for the Bad News. While that Code worked fine in the RM-VLZ620, the Silver ComCast Remote (Red OK Button) would not take it. Aux Button, Setup till Aux Flashes, type in code & NO 3 Flashes. No response from E570 when I press Power or Play. I don't consider this a problem as the Sony Remote was Cheap, had Programmable features & is a considerably better Remote than the Comcast Remote.

I draw several conclusions from my On-Line Chat Support experiences with Sony & Comcast.

1. It seems that, in both cases, the Chat "Technicians" are below Entry Level & should be avoided at all costs unless you enjoy Frustration & Bold Faced incompetence. Asking for a Supervisor results in being told the same Junk as the entry level personnel feed you. The Supervisor has no more experience that the "Technician".
  2. In the case of Sony, the 2nd Tier of Tech Support doesn't share information with the 1st Tier Tech Support. THis is especially disturbing but is probably a reflection of the Out Sourcing Solution most Consumer Product Customers suffer through. THese Product Manufacturers are counting their savings in Tech Support Costs while their Customer are being abused, disappointed, frustrated & slamming their Products on Review Sites & Forums. Short Term Thinking as usual.
  3. Comcast is suffering with the same issue on their Chat Support Site. I swear I was chatting to the same people on both sites.

So once again,

1. Comcast Remote does not accept the DVD Home THeater System Control Code. Maybe it will work on yours but not on mine.
  2. The Sony Remote RM-VLZ620 does work when the correct Code is input & can control the Comcast Cable Box & Sony TV. It has impressive features & it's cheap.
  3. THe Code is 31454 & there are far more Control Codes on the VLZ620 than the ComCast Remote.
  4. If you don't have a Sony Blu-Ray HTS, look under DVD HTS for your Manufacturer Code.
  5. Don't use the Chat On-Line Support, Call the regular Phone Support.

So, my next duty is to go to the Review Sites & retract my slam but restate my On-Line Chat Tech Support Rant. I hope this is helpful to the other Forum Members who have been waiting for a solution or have just given up & bought something else.

New Visitor
watchmanEZ317

Man of steel!!!  Thank you for your time and effort.  Between Comcast bundles and Sony mult products, you think daaa

New Visitor
Yaminie1

[ Edited ]
This works!!! Just used it for BDV-e570

Remote Code: 21232 (a Sony code for TV/VCRs).

Then do the following:
1. While still on AUX, press and hold SETUP again until the remote blinks twice
2. Type 994
3. Press and release SETUP
4. Type 32975
5. Press and release VOL+
The remote should blink twice. That should reprogram the VOL+ to work with your Sony device. For each of the following function codes, follow the same steps and use the codes listed below:
Vol+ = 32975
Vol- = 31951 (press vol- button in step 5)
Power = 32719 (press power button in step 5)
Function = 44750
Mute = 33743

New Visitor
cary12

I went through the same thing as the other folks on here.  Yaminie's solution works and I have an BDV-E500W.

New Visitor
jeffcable

this works.  I have a sony bdv-t58 blu-ray home theatre from Costco.  are there more codes for right, left, up, down when in function mode?  

Contributor

thank you, thank you,

it worked with my sony bdv-t58 home theater audio system.  How did you ever find or figure out such a complicated procedure?

New Visitor
Gumble2Gumble

This also worked for the BDV E280. You sir/madem are my new favorite person.

Visitor
Eman318

Yay! Just what I was looking for! Works!
New Visitor
MrMc

Re:Sony Blue Ray Remote codes

What is the remote code for Sony Blue Ray Player?

Contributor

It worked for my Sony BDV 280 blue ray.

Thanks!

New Visitor
cjbdelaney

Thank you for the hard work and help!  It works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New Visitor
New Visitor
r-l

This code didn't work for me. I have a Sony BDV-E570. I had some code, probably this one, working fine until my Comcast remote died yesterday. I had it replaced and now I can't seem to get any Sony codes to work for me.

New Visitor
wmassbob

THANK YOU!!! I can not believe you figured this out- amazing!!!

New Visitor
bm719

Re: Re:Sony Blue Ray Remote codes

The Sony BDP-S360 code is 21516 (dark gray Comcast remote)

New Visitor
MichelleJM

Re: Remote codes for Magnavox Blu Ray Player MBP5320

Hi.  Have an annoying Magnavox Blu Ray Player that has an (also) annoying remote (can't program blu ray remote to work my tv, volume, NOTHING)!  So I finally decided to just program Comcast remote for this pain in my ***...  But, of course, I had to try 5 different codes before 1 worked!  Anyway - here is the Comcast remote code for Magnavox Blu Ray MBP5320: 20675.  Good luck to anyone that has this blu ray - because I hate it... It only has Netflix & Vudu app, has only the power button & eject button on the unit itself, AND the remote sucks bc you can't program it to your tv (which means I have to shuffle around THREE remotes to use my tv, cable box, & DVD/streaming)!  Grrrr!

New Visitor

21516 works for the BDP-N460 Sony BD on the charcoal w/red button comcast remote.

Thanks!!!!

New Visitor
JenniLee30

Thank you thank you pcahall1!!! That code worked on my Sony Blu-ray 3D!! I looked all over for this! 21516!!!
New Visitor
CFGolf

The buttons on Comcast remotes can be individually programmed!!

Here's a trick for those who are looking to program their Comcast remote (silver with red center button) to operate functions on other components, such as a DVD, Blu-Ray, Surround Sound, or Audio Receiver.

**NOTE: This can be used only after you enter your device's 5-digit "command" code (step 3, below).

If you have the original remote for your unit, or a universal remote that operates your device, you can use it to transfer any button's function code to your Comcast remote, so that your Comcast remote will perform the function of the button on the original remote that you want it to.

Here's how:

1) Press & release the function button ("TV" or "AUX"), that you want the Comcast remote to remember the function under. 

2) Press & hold down the "Setup" button until the function button you selected ("TV" or "AUX") blinks twice.

3) Enter your 5-digit "Command" code. (You can usually locate these codes online by model #). If the Comcast remote accepts the code, the function button you selected ("TV" or "AUX") will blink twice.

4) Press & hold the "Setup" button again (a second time) until the input button you selected ("TV" or "AUX") blinks twice again.

5) Enter your 3-digit sub-function code (for Sony models it is usually 991, 993 or 994; other brands available online). Once input the function button should again blink twice.

6) Grab your existing device remote, and hold down the button you want to replicate in the Comcast remote.

7) Press the button on the Comcast remote that you want to transfer the function to.

8) Release the button on both remotes.

The function button you selected ("TV" or "AUX") should again blink twice.  This confirms that the Comcast remote has accepted the code from the original remote, and the function on the original remote can now be controlled by the Comcast remote button that you programmed it to operate!!:smileygrin:

I haven't tried to shortcut this trick, but it may be possible to cut out the secondary "sub-function" code. If you don't have the original remote, it may also be possible to simply press the corresponding button on the device itself (substituting step 6 as listed above) once the Comcast remote has been programmed with the 5-digit command code, and the Comcast remote is primed to receive the signal (step 5).

Hope this helps:smileysilly:

Visitor
GACracker
Remote will not control BlueRay player because it does not have a DVD button. Neither does it fully control the audio amplifier. Can any one help with this problem?