New Visitor
vbrumbach

Remote codes

I have tried to program my remote control to my Westinghouse TV and the codes the guide supplied me are 5 digits and my controller will only accept 4 digits. I have also tried the search mode and cannot find the correct code. Any help?

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Re: Remote codes

which remote do you have?

click this link pick your remote and check those codes

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy
New Visitor
vbrumbach

Thanks for your support but I resolved my issue.

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

Thanks for the feedback. What code did you use?

I ask because despite the looks this site is primarily a customer to customer help forum, limited monitoring by any Comcast employees, so everyone posting on this thread has been a paying customer.

If you post the code you used, or the resolution to the problem, we can use that information in case someone else has the same issue.

New Visitor
reegrete

I too was trying to use the codes from the remote control code finder.  Here's the problem with those codes:  No matter what remote control you have (I checked them all to be sure), the codes are all 5 digit codes beginning with a '1'.  After some more research including doing a remote control code find (including the 9-9-1 method which didn't work), I found one last code to try.  It was a generic code for Philips TV's in the Comcast remote control manual I found on the comcast website (the code was 0054).  One of the codes listed with the remote control code finder was 10054.  Needless to say, the 4 digit code worked!  My comcast remote turns on/off my TV, adjusts volume and mutes and that's all I need.  Hope that helps anyone else who may be disappointed with this "new" remote control code finder.

New Visitor
reegrete

PS - I was using the link you mentioned above and that was where I found that all the codes were 5 digits no matter the remote control you picked.  None worked :smileysad:

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

yes you just drop or add the 1 depending on if its 4 or 5 digits

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

reegrete

Thanks for the headsup on the site showing all 5 digit codes for any remote. The older silver remote with the gray OK button uses 4 digit codes but the site does show 5 digit codes.

Another site issue with Comcast. The manual for that remote shows the 4 digit codes.

Something to remember in the future for telling other people

New Visitor
reegrete

Part of my reason for posting to this forum.  Just hoping someone can gain from what I found while the site hopefully gets fixed?