Visitor

Remote control codes for Cisco RNG100

While setting up another device, I accidently blew away the remote control setting for my Cisco RNG100 set-top box. Now, my remote control cannot control my cable box. It's easy enough to reset the remote but the remote control documentation lists no codes for Cisco cable boxes and the Comcast web page to get codes does not even list cable boxes as an option.

What are the Cisco cable box codes for the popular Comcast remote controls? (I have the one with the red OK button.)

Thanks.

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Re: Remote control codes for Cisco RNG100

There is no specific code, what you need to do is follow this Wiki on doing a reset of the remote in section 1.7 at this link.

That will get the remote back to factory settings to work on the RNG box.  You will then need to do your custom settings again.

Visitor

Actually, there is a code (01982). I found it on urcsupport.com. I entered it to the remote setup and it works like a charm. Seemed simpler than resetting the box.

Silver Problem Solver
BruceW

In the remote's instruction sheet, that code is listed under "Setup Codes For Cable Boxes" for brand "Comcast".

New Visitor
bullmoosethe

the problem is how to reset the blame remote.. the comcast remotes reset as follows

press the CABLE button.
press and hold the SETUP button until the CABLE button blinks twice.
Enter 9 - 8 - 2. The CABLE key will blink four times.

this is to unlock the remote.. my comcast code was 01982

worked slick as anything..

after calling to get help none there knows utox from , well yyou know