Contributor
rolandastrong
Accepted Solution

Remote problem/cable box problem

My remote is not working the DC50X cable box.  It adjust the volumn on the tv but can't change channels,it's stuck on one channel. How do I fix this? Thanks.

New Visitor
tasha250

Re: Remote problem/cable box problem

having trouble with my cable box DC1011COM i can set the code for my tv and it will change the channel but will not shut the tv off or adjust the sound. i have unplugged the box to see if it would reset no luck

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

ok you say the remote controls the tv channel.  do you mean on the cable box.  If that is the case then the code does not work that you put in as it is not controlling the volume or power on the tv.  What tv do you have?

Contributor
rolandastrong

The comcast remote turns on tv and it turns the tv channels but when i press the cable button it doesn't change any cable channels.

Contributor
rolandastrong

I have a Magnavox tv

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

so your saying the comcast remote works for the tv but not the cable box?

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

The DC50x is a DTA. What remote do you have? The DTA remote should not have a CABLE button.

Check this link to see what remote you have http://customer.comcast.com/Pages/HelpNFC.aspx?print=false&id=remotes

Is this box new for you? Did you exchange it for a different box and keep an older remote? Need to narrow down what is going on.

If it is a DTA box and DTA remote the tv should be on channel 3(or 4 depending on the output switch on the DTA) and then the remote would change the channels on the DTA.

If it is a different remote that has a CABLE button near the top that would only put the remote into controlling the cable box which should control the channel changes using the channel up/down buttons on the remote. I am not sure if the Comcast universal remotes work with the DTAs.

Contributor
rolandastrong

Correct, the remote can work for the tv but won't connect with the cable box.  I have the silver remote with the red ok/select button that has the cable button at the top.  The box is new for me but the funny thing is my box in my bedroom works fine with the same kind of remote like the one in the office. It may be something I'm doing wrong, not sure.

Contributor
rolandastrong

It is on channel 3 also.

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

if you have a dcx50 you should have a little black remote that goes with that, not a silver one that woluld control a digital box.   Are you sure your using the right remote with the box?

Contributor
rolandastrong

Nope I don't have the little black remote, they gave me the silver ones for the other 2 tv's.

Contributor
rolandastrong

So I will make a call and request for the digital adapter remotes. Thank you very much for the help.

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

Your welcome. Please post back and let us know if your problem gets resolved or you need help in getting a remote.

Good luck

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

ok maybe we should start over

the dtx 50 is a small digital transition box that is used on older sets to get digital channels.  That box comes with a small black remote.

Now you say you have two other boxes with silver remotes?  Is that the case?  You have 3 boxes with three remotes?

Contributor
rolandastrong

I have 2 tv's with the DC50x boxes since they are older tv's.  I just called Comcast and they said we should have gotten the black remotes for the 2 tv's instead of the silver remotes.

Contributor
rolandastrong

So yes I have 2 of the DC50x boxes for the older tv's and the Motorola Digital box for the flat screen so I have 3 silver remotes.

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

[ Edited ]

Only the small black DTA remote or the new full size platnium remote will control DTA's.  The older full silver remotes will not control the DTA's.

Contributor
rolandastrong

The agent said I should have gotten the black remotes for the 2 tv's with the DTA boxes so I'll be switching out the 2 silver ones for the correct digital adapter remotes.

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

dta remote.JPG

Contributor
rolandastrong

Went to Comcast and got the correct remotes.  Problem solved.