Regular Contributor
nla318

Remote will not change volume on box

I have a Scientific Atlantic 8300 HDDVR, the silver remote with the red select button.

I have no problems controlling the volume on my tv after pressing TV

I have no problems operating my DVR after I hit AUX

But when I am on AUX, if I press the volume key, the volue does not change but I get the white display at the top of the screen that shows me the slider moves. I am able to mute the box, just not raise and lower the volume.

I'm so tired of switching back and forth for the volume.

Regular Contributor
nla318

Re: Remote will not change volume on box

HERRRO???

Gold Problem Solver
BruceW

nla318 wrote: ... I have no problems operating my DVR after I hit AUX ...

Why are you using AUX? Doesn't the DVR respond properly when you select CABLE?

Regular Contributor
nla318

"Why are you using AUX? Doesn't the DVR respond properly when you select CABLE?"

No it never did. When my remote came it didn't do anything, I had to program it to the tv and to the dvr.

CS was no help and I found the instructions online.

To directly answer your question  AUX is what I use to control the dvr, TV is what I use to control the volume only. CABLE does nothing.

Gold Problem Solver
BruceW

nla318 wrote: ... No it never did. When my remote came it didn't do anything, I had to program it to the tv and to the dvr. ...

I'd be tempted to replace the remote. Or, if AUX is working OK for the DVR, perhaps use the "Checking the Codes" function to read out the device code for AUX, and program that into CABLE (remote manuals are at http://customer.comcast.com/Pages/HelpNFC.aspx?print=false&id=remotes#download).

To set the remote so that Volume and Mute operate the TV even if you are in AUX or CABLE mode, follow the procedure under "Changing Volume Lock", "Locking Volume Control to TV or AUX Mode" (press and hold Setup until the light flashes, enter 993, press TV).