New Visitor
amyduffy141

Remote won't change channels

We have the remote that comes with the triple play and I screwed something up the other night.  Now it's stuck on one channel.  The remote will turn the TV on and off, the volume works, but not the channel buttons. 

Anyone? 

New Visitor
ElNaco1

Re: Remote won't change channels

Call Comcast and have them activate the dta.  Had the same problem.  I did it by loggin on to the net and did it myself... digitalnow.comcast.com

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

first of all if you have the triple play I dought you have a dta.  Try resetting the remote to one of these two codes for the cable.

Most Comcast boxes respond to either 01376 or 01982.

New Visitor
Catgrrl

If you're like me, and only have basic cable (no cable box) then according to the helpline at Comcast, the Comcast universal remote will not work on your TV. You either need a cable box, or a regular, non-comcast universal remote. Going to CVS in the morning to see if it works.

New Visitor
CMS111

For those remotes that don’t work.  A friend who is in the industry, came by and checked mine.  He said a lot of these silver remotes are out there and are not programed to any of the boxes.   Power On and Off, Volume and Mute work, but can’t change channel.

This is what he did:

Click on CABLE once at top.

Click on SET-UP and hold until CABLE light blinks twice.

Key in 9-8-2.  CABLE light will blink 4 times if you did right.

Hold SET-UP until CABLE blinks 2 more times.

Key in 01376 and CABLE light will blink twice.

Congratulations, you have just programmed your remote to the Motorola Cable Box you were given.

Also, he said if you click ON DEMAND button and it goes to 19 then 200, your ON DEMAND button will not work, but if you use the #1 button, On Demand will work.

New Visitor

OMG  TYTYTY  It worked.  i have been having a FIT for hours now..TY

New Visitor
mddm

You are the Comcast Whisperer! Thanks

For those remotes that don’t work.  A friend who is in the industry, came by and checked mine.  He said a lot of these silver remotes are out there and are not programed to any of the boxes.   Power On and Off, Volume and Mute work, but can’t change channel.

This is what he did:

Click on CABLE once at top.

Click on SET-UP and hold until CABLE light blinks twice.

Key in 9-8-2.  CABLE light will blink 4 times if you did right.

Hold SET-UP until CABLE blinks 2 more times.

Key in 01376 and CABLE light will blink twice.

Congratulations, you have just programmed your remote to the Motorola Cable Box you were given.

New Visitor
New Visitor
szm

thanks for this since calling comcast or using the online help did not work.

Visitor
jsbell252

I'm having the same problem. Swapped STB at service center and tried the reprogramming of the remote and nothings changed. I pay $200 a month for this garbage and I'm ticked off that I cant even change a channel. The Tech service was not help at all.

New Visitor
c4chaos

i did all of this and still only poweron and poweroff and allon and alloff...No guide option unless i use the BOX BUTTONS to get guide/infor/change channels.  This has happened before and I would just depress the  blinking button and then press cable and i would again be able to control the cable box via a REMOTE!!! Not this time.  Reprogrammed it.....works only for "poweron/allon/p"

oweroff/alloff

New Visitor

Perfect. Thankyou