New Visitor
fish0281
Accepted Solution

Replacing Remote

If my puppy should happen to chew up my new comcast remote (last week she destroyed another remote), will I have to pay for a replacement and if so, how much $$? Hopefully I don't have to worry about it, but it'd be nice to know what I'm up against just in case! :smileyhappy:

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

Re: Replacing Remote

Take the remote to the Comcast office and get a new one. You will not be charged for it.

My dog chewed up a remote once and as the lady behind the counter handed me another one she stated that they have heard a lot of reasons why remotes get torn up. Dogs chewing on them was one of the reasons they hear on a regular basis.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

New Visitor
sillygoose1828

How much would it cost to totaly replace the remote? Was moving furniture around and it can not be located. Can we also use a different remote for the Digital box as well?

New Visitor
jakrinda

My remote in my bedroom no longer works.  I put new batteries in it and it still will not work.  I am 62 years old and disabled.  I have no way of returning my remote for a new one.  Antioch is quite a ways from my house.  Can I return it in the mail?

Linda Hall

jakrinda@comcast.net

New Visitor
womackdara

I called to get mines replaced it cost $6.00 dollars, but if you find it send it back and they wont charge you.

New Visitor
womackdara

You can return it in the mail they will send you a new remote and give you a return label to return the old one

New Visitor
willywill12

I just had to post this! my dog has totally chewed up my remote and I was looking to see about a replacement. Once I typed in "replacement remote", the same story popped up in the middle of the screen. I just dropped my head.

New Visitor

I no longer have a remote, I have lost it. How do I purchase a new one?

Bronze Problem Solver
BellevueBob

I don't think they charge for replacement remotes any more, but I'd bet they'd charge to ship one to you.  Drop by your local Comcast office and ask.  At best they'll just give you one and at worst you'll save theshipping charge.

Be sure to make note of the model number of you cable box so you will get the proper remote.