New Visitor
zfriend4u
Accepted Solution

Second cable box not functioning (same as first box)

We have Comcast Internet and basic cable TV.  We have a line to our kitchen TV (without a box) and it gets cable. We have an old TV downstairs, so I picked up a cable box from Comcast.  I connected it and it would just show the message 'initializing operating system' and never anything more.  I went through all of this with a Comcast rep on the Internet and she suggested a new box. 

I went to the Comcast store and exchanged the box, brought it back, followed the instructions and activated online.  This one says it is booting, then just a blank screen on the TV and then no lights on the cable box.  I just spoke with a rep. who suggested I connect it before the splitter, which I did, but no difference.  I have waited 30 -45 minutes, unplugged it and then reconnected and waited more.  Did another activation, but so far nothing.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

New Visitor
zfriend4u

Re: Second cable box not functioning (same as first box)

As a follow-up.  Comcast could not figure out the problem and I was not willing to pay to have a tech come out (as they said I would probably have to pay - if the issue was my fault).  I decided it was not worth it and cancelled the TV part of my cable and now just have Internet.  Comcast tech support needs some work.