Contributor
Bigdsdad

Service Interruption

My cable and Internet has been down since last night. I called Comcast and they said there is a service interruption in my area. I contacted my neighbor and they said they are not having an issue with their cable or Internet. My question is, how can my neighbor have service and my service is down and they live not more than 20 yards from my house?

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Re: Service Interruption

There maybe a problem in the area, but that does not affect the whole area.  did you ever see sometimes when you have a blackout you have no power but the house across the street has power, same concept.

Contributor
Bigdsdad

Yes, that is very true. I have seen that happen at is does this in my area when the power goes out.

Just an FYI of what I was doing when my TV and Internet service went out:

I was trying to configure my cable modem last night and had to reboot the modem. As soon as I rebooted the modem, that is when I noticed my service was interrupted. I called Comcast right away and they even told me last night that there was an outage. Just seems kind of weird that when I rebooted my cable modem, that is when I noticed my TV or Internet stopped working.

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Is your tv and internet both down?   Resetting the cable modem would have no effect, when you look at the modem look at the lights if you dont have them all lit you have an issue with the service.  you could try taking your cable out of you box and going directly to your tv to make sure its not a box issue.  Also go outside and make sure your physical cable is ok.

Contributor
Bigdsdad

Yes, both TV and Internet are down. The lights on the modem/wireless router are all not lit. The technician I talked to last night had me unplug the cable from the splitter I am using to split the connection to my TV and Internet. Powered everything down and then started everything back up. Still get same results. I guess I just have to be patient and let Comcast fix this issue.

I also have another TV in the bedroom. That is TV is not working as well.

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Yup, sounds like you hang tight.  When your service is up call them for a credit if its been down over 24hrs

Contributor
Bigdsdad

Ok, thanks for all the help. Have a great weekend.....

Contributor
Bigdsdad

My service was back up @ 10:00 am yesterday. I even got a phone call from Comcast letting me know that my service was back up. TV and Internet are working again "NICE".