Visitor

Setting Remote AUX to DVD Player

[ Edited ]

I'm having an extremely hard time setting my DVD player, AUX setting, up to the comcast remote (universal w/ grey OK button). I'm programming it because I dropped the old remote, which had everything programmed by the comcast helper, and recieved an extra one from a friend.

I was able to set up the TV without a single problem, but I can't get the DVD player. The DVD player is a Philips DVD/CD Player-Digital A/V Surround Receiver (it also says Mx-1015D and Mx-1055D. I assume that's the model (??).

I HAVE tried every code given in the manuel for Philips players and none of them have proved fruitful. I have also tried using the 9-9-1 search code, but that also has had no results;however, I may be doing the seach code incorrectly.

Any ideas on how else to get this set up?

Message Edited by Lunah on 03-12-2010 03:12 PM
Contributor
Spacedout

Re: Setting Remote AUX to DVD Player

I believe your Philips MX 1055D/MX 1015D is considered a "HTIB" (home theater in a box), not a DVD player. The Philips HTIB code for a Comcast remote with a grey OK button is 1914. Try it and let us know.

Good luck:smileygrin:

Visitor

[ Edited ]

It did not work sadly, but I thank you for the try!

Message Edited by Lunah on 03-19-2010 09:43 PM
Visitor
longnguyen53

I have an sony digital network recorder model  SVR 2000  how to setting remote aux or mydvr to srv 2000

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

have you tried the magnavox codes?  Both those brands are notorious for not playing well with comcast remotes.  Have you tried to go to ebay and see if anyone is maybe selling that remote?  The best your comast remote will do with that player is turn it on and off anyway.