New Visitor
misty_sge

Show only channels subscribed to

[ Edited ]

I just want a guide that only shows what I subscribe to, and grouping the HD and SD channels together.  Even better would be to automatically go to the HD channel if an SD one is selected.

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Re: Show only channels subscribed to

you cannot only have shown to you just what you subscribe to.    The hd and sd channels are grouped together the hd's are together and so are the sd's.  If you have a newer box and you go to a sd channel you should see a little yellow box that says hit enter to watch in hd, just do that and it takes you to the hd version of that channel.   The channels should also be mapped like fios is, where channel 2 is 802 hd  4 is 804 hd.  Thats how it works on my system.

Contributor
bdrangel

rog286713 wrote:

you cannot only have shown to you just what you subscribe to.    The hd and sd channels are grouped together the hd's are together and so are the sd's.  If you have a newer box and you go to a sd channel you should see a little yellow box that says hit enter to watch in hd, just do that and it takes you to the hd version of that channel.   The channels should also be mapped like fios is, where channel 2 is 802 hd  4 is 804 hd.  Thats how it works on my system.

That is not the way it is in my area. (EG: Fox News is 32 SD and 428 in HD). And it CAN be done. What you need to do is setup favorites lists. It is a bit tedious to setup the first time but once it's done it is well worth it and accomplishes exactly what you want.

Favorites List Setup (Customized Channel Guide Listings):

To setup your favorites list you need to press the "Menu" button on your remote twice, then "Setup" and finally "Favorite Lists Setup". Once there, use your remote and go to the "New" button. This is where it gets very tedious. You'll need to get a list of all your channels, either via online or a paper list that Comcast might have sent through the past. Use the link below to see your local channel lineup. You might want to have your bill handy. Then choose the "Rename this Favorite List" button which looks like a keyboard. You'll want to name the list whatever you want to use it for. EG: I have two personal lists: HDTV & Movies. You can create as many lists as you want for whatever channels you want to categorize such as Sports, Kids, etc. Rename and save. Next choose the Add or remove favorite channels option and begin to select the channels for the list you named. EG: If you created an HDTV list use the channel guide I had you find earlier and find the channel number in the list. To add a channel simply press the "OK/Select" button when the channel name is highlighted and you'll notice a heart appear to the right of the channel name. You'll need to do this for every HDTV channel you want to add to the list, one by one, tedious I know. Then once you are done make sure to scroll down to the button and choose the checkmark icon to save. Then choose the back arrow icon on the next screen and you are done, unless you want more lists. Now press the remotes exit button and then the guide button to test out your new list. The guide will first take you into the normal guide you always go into but to get into your guide simply press the "FAV" button on your remote (grey remotes the button is right next to the mute button between the volume and channel buttons. Once the "FAV" button is pressed you'll notice where it used to say "TV Listings", in yellow text next to the TV Guide logo, it will now say the name of your list (EG: HDTV) and all of the channels you previously selected will appear. If you created multiple lists (EG: Kids, Movies, Music, Sports, etc) you'll need to press the "FAV" button on the remote to cycle between them.

Also once you leave the guide it will always return to the default TV listings, which is a pain but this works, albeit not as good as DirecTV or Dish Network implementations. There is also a bug in the guide which will sometimes mess with the channels in the list or remove or add new ones but this doesn't happen often. If you have any problems let me know otherwise enjoy!

https://www.comcast.com/Localization/Localize.cspx?Referer=%2fCustomers%2fClu%2fChannelLineup.ashx%3...

New Visitor
cooleronline

Please tell me that in 2014 they have finally figured out how to provide a user friendly guide that doesn't include hundreds of false options that I'm not subscribed too?

Contributor
ronnieg303

If they only showed what you subscribe to, then they wouldn't have the opportunity to up-sell you to additional services and fees when you accidentially click a premium channel you don't have. It's all a marketing ploy to squeeze more revenue out of customers, so don't expect it to change.

Visitor

Actually after Comcast figured out they gave us the wrong channels in April, only the channels we subscribed to showed up it was great.  That only lasted about 1 week and then went back to all the channels.