New Visitor
ek44

Sony Internet TV

I just bought the new Sony Internet TV.  Connection issues have been numerous.  Our current connection is only bringing in the internet service; how do I get the live TV to operate.  We have the standard comcast  box for the digital transition you recently implemented.  Thank you for your assistance.  

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Re: Sony Internet TV

The Sony and the Logitech Google TV boxes are intended for use with a HD digital set top box and will not work with a DTA.

You need a full HD set top box with HDMI and a HDTV with HDMI connections and HD service from Comcast.

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

[ Edited ]
New Visitor
ek44

Thanks for the info.  Does Comcast provide the full HD Digital Set top box with HDMI connections? If so, how do I get one?   The TV has HDTV with HDMI connections and I have HD service with you (Xfinity).  

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Stop by your local Comcast office, if your swapping equipment take the old box and remote with.

Sometims around the holidays there is a shortage of HDMI boxes, check with the local office people in person for what they have in stock.

New Visitor
ek44

Thanks, hopefully this will work.  Sounds good.  I'll stop by my local Comcast Office to get the new box.  I appreciate your timely response.  Happy New Year

Visitor

You can still use a Comcast SD Cable box with your new Sony Bravia.

Run the coax from the Comcast Cable box, to the coax/antenna port on the back of the TV. Let the TV scan for channels (should really only find one, normally channel 3). Use your Cable Box remote to change channels.

You will not get HD image quality, just versions of of blown up/or stretched SD TV, but actually not that bad.

But, as other have said, if you can get hold of an HDMI box, the better. Also, you need to subscribe to HD TV from Comcast.

When all said and done, use your (now liberated) Coax/antenna port to pull down some true HD (and free) over the air broadcasts.

If you have a Smaprtphone (iOS or Android), also download SOny's excellent app which allows you to remotely control the TV and "everything" else that is connected via HDMI. Very neat! 

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

I took the post as the poster having a Sony Google TV adapter box and not a full HDTV.

Sony uses the term Sony Internet TV universally between the standalone box and a full HD Sony Internet TV.