New Visitor
raustins

TV Guide listings on TV all say To be Announced

When I use the Guide button on the remote for the cable box to show the TV Guide so I can see what shows are on what channel all of the channels now say "To be Announced".  What happened to the TV GUide listing on the Cable Box.

If this does not work I cannot set up to record any shows and I cannot check to see what shows are on now or in the future on any channels.

Silver Problem Solver
reasd

Re: TV Guide listings on TV all say To be Announced

Hello,

This caused by a power interruption, which would cause temporary loss of that data. Give it some time and see if it comes back up.

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

I will add that you can indeed record shows, you dont need the data in the guide to do it as the dvr tapes by time.  If the guide is slow to load what your wanting to tape just tape that time slot it will record.  If want to see what is you can also check any phone or tablet or your pc.  

New Visitor
raustins

This was not caused by a power interuption.   I have watched the listings for several days by looking forward to FRiday and they always ended on Friday at 5 am.  Now all the listings say "To be Announced" and they have for since this morning.

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

You should be able to get about two weeks of guide data on your box depending on the box and how much memory it has in it. If it is a newer box and you are not getting guide data passed a few days you probably have a signal issue.  Do you experience audio drop outs and picutre break ups???

New Visitor
raustins

Was not experiencing any other video or audio problems, but I could not set up any type of recording just based on the time of day.

Finally called help line, they had me unplug the box a couple of times and then they tried to send a signal to get things going.  Bottom line is now I get no picture, sound or anything else so they are sending someone on Saturday to replace the box.