New Visitor
DarJones

TV Service keeps cutting out

As I watch television, the screen goes blank sporadically and says "NO SIGNAL." This happens about 20 - 30 times per 1 hour television show.

It has been happening for at least 2 weeks, possibly 3.

I don't watch a lot of television, so when I do, I want to enjoy it. If I can't enjoy it, I'll just cancel it.

Silver Problem Solver
reasd

Re: TV Service keeps cutting out

Hello,

If this has been going on for two to three weeks why have you not called 1-800 comcast and setup a tech vist.

New Visitor
DarJones

How do you know I haven't?

New Visitor
DarJones

I was directed to this forum for tech support using Comcasts own website.

I understand there may be help from individuals who have had the same issue, so there may be value in some people's input.

However, if you are just going to be snide "most valuable replier" - just move on and help someone else.

Thanks.

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

I have to assume you have a HDTV and are connected with a HDMI cable.  Your error indicates a intermittent disconnection between the TV and the cable box.

If you haven't power cycled the cable box, do that first.  Unplug the AC power for two minutes, then power it up again.  Also confirm your HDMI cable is firmly plugged on on both ends.  Power up the box, and give it a test.

If it still does it, then next step would be to take the cable box and remote to the local Comcast office for a swap.  You can also contact Comcast and insist on a tech visit if you want to wait for one to change out the cable box.

Some people with this issue sometimes gets it resolved by switching from a HDMI cable to component cables, Red/Grn/Blu for video and Red/White for audio.

New Visitor
DarJones

Thank you very much. I've done that and haven't noticed any issues for the past 30 minutes. I'll continue to monitor for the next few days. Thanks, again.

Contributor
Neil_Salem_MA

I've found that over time these Comcast cable boxes can slowly degrade.  One day you might experience an occasional flicker in the picture or sound, but days, weeks, or months later you may find the picture or sound failing repeatedly.

You might notice too that the image brightness and contrast diminishes over time.

In my case, I believe that my Comcast box's poor operation was aggravated by its operating heat, so whenever I unplugged the box for a few hours and then plugged it back in, it would work again for 24 hours.  ...Then it would begin to fail all over.

I finally took the failing box to the Comcast Service Center and replaced it.

Comcast cable boxes sometimes come to an end, not with a bang, but with a whimper.

New Visitor
RTW13

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uHg4HoQqfE

Comcast should make the error message show the URL to this forum.  It's a million times easier to navigate and much more helpful than calling the number.