Visitor

TV's with built-in digital tuners and Comcast DTA boxes

Recently I've purchased a new LED LCD HD TV that has digital tuner built in. I've been told that I can connect this TV directly to the cable line without the help of any Comcast DTA box and still get the same channels on HD Preferred Plus Xf plan.  I am presently renting a DVR from you but if I were to return the DVR, I understand I would not be able to record programs but that's OK..... but  do I still need a DTA box to get my channels of the same plan I'm on now?  I'd hate myself if later on if I find out that that could be the case and I'd just wasted my hard-earned money for no good reason.

I remember that during the "analog" days, the boxes were optional and the TV's still worked per your plans. Could this be the same case if the new TV's equipped with built-in digital tuners and therefore compatible with current operating standards?  Appreciate your enlightenment on the matter. Thanks for your attention.

Eddie

Cable Expert
WarEagle57

Re: TV's with built-in digital tuners and Comcast DTA boxes

You'd need something with a cable card to receive any channels beyond basic (primarily local), and maybe even the basics, so your TV won't suffice.  Neither will the DTA for HD, or anything beyond expanded basic.