Bronze Problem Solver
lunski

Third Party Remote Control Codes Discussion

[ Edited ]

Hello Everyone,

I have found this site very useful when trying to find codes for remotes.

http://www.urcsupport.com/ 

Message Edited by ComcastGeorge on 03-24-2010 01:48 PM
George Lunski
"Retired" Comcast Help Forums Administrator
Recognized Contributor

Re: Third Party Remote Control Codes

very nice
Cable Expert
cypherx

Blue Ridge Cable in Northeastern PA has an actual interactive channel that shows you how to program the remote for different devices.  I believe it is Ch 998.

It shows a picture of a remote and you select the remote based on the picture.

Next you select what you want to program, TV, VCR, Audio, DVD.

Next you select the brand of the device.

Finally it tells you exactly what buttons to push on the remote to get it into program mode, and the available codes for that device.

Why not create an interactive help program on Comcast to do the same thing?  

Recognized Contributor

I wish the Comcast remote code actually worked for my Olevia. Then I could get rid of the extra box (that's used to just turn the TV on)
New Visitor

Thank you for this post. I went to the site and found a code for my Panasonic DVD/VCR recorder very easily. I had not been able to find the code anywhere else.

Jim

Visitor

[ Edited ]

need help ASAP!!! my wife and i just bought a new flat screen tv and none of the codes in the remote booklet or the codes on the website George provided are working. the brand of TV we got is: Apex Digital and the product code is: LD3249.

if anyone out there knows what remote code works please let me know.

thanks,

Message Edited by Krau35 on 10-23-2009 10:36 AM
Cable Expert
WarEagle57

Krau35 wrote:

if anyone out there knows what remote code works please email me at:

For your own protection you should remove your email address.

Regular Problem Solver

Krau35 wrote:

need help ASAP!!! my wife and i just bought a new flat screen tv and none of the codes in the remote booklet or the codes on the website George provided are working. the brand of TV we got is: Apex Digital and the product code is: LD3249.

if anyone out there knows what remote code works please let me know.

thanks,

Message Edited by Krau35 on 10-23-2009 10:36 AM

Try these: 10765, 10748, 10879, 10890, 10156, 11531, 10889.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]
Message Edited by gaucho91 on 11-06-2009 03:31 PM
Regular Visitor

I also have Apex Digital LD3249 and none of the codes in the instruction sheet work.

But code 11531 given by omcleod works.

New Visitor

I was unable to find a code for my new audio/video receiver.I have a Yamaha RX-V665 AV Receiver and a Comcast on Demand DVR Remote control.My box is a Motorola HD DVR. Any help? The URL that was listed for the UEI reomte control codes did not have a valid code.I tryed what they had but to no avail.

Thanks for your possible help

Regular Problem Solver

foad wrote:

I was unable to find a code for my new audio/video receiver.I have a Yamaha RX-V665 AV Receiver and a Comcast on Demand DVR Remote control.My box is a Motorola HD DVR. Any help? The URL that was listed for the UEI reomte control codes did not have a valid code.I tryed what they had but to no avail.

Thanks for your possible help

See if any of these work: 10797, 10030, 10019, 11407, 10145

Here's the link to Comcast's remote section.  There may be other codes listed for your particular remote.

Contributor

I have a problem with Hannspree ST 281 (28" 1080P LCD) TV codes. The 3 that Comcast gave me don't work
Regular Problem Solver

unhappyIL wrote:
I have a problem with Hannspree ST 281 (28" 1080P LCD) TV codes. The 3 that Comcast gave me don't work

You can try searching for the device code if the three provided codes don't work.

Contributor

Thanks, but I am wearing out the remote pushing TV and Power. Not working still, seems like everything Comcast provides only partially works and never the function you want
Contributor

Well all my problems have finally been solved, I went and got a new stb, the HD/DVR since that was new and a new different remote than the other comcast STB's. This one learned the TV code. The Hannspree ST281 LCD TV code is 11265. The ones that customer service provides are 11348, 11351 and 11352. I guess I can change my name to HappyinIL now.
New Visitor

Any thoughts about where to find a setup code for a Naxa TV/DVD (NX-555) so I can program my comcast remote? Can't find Naxa on any of the online listings...

Sarah

Regular Problem Solver

LarkinMcQuaid wrote:

Any thoughts about where to find a setup code for a Naxa TV/DVD (NX-555) so I can program my comcast remote? Can't find Naxa on any of the online listings...

Sarah

11998 is the only code I found.  You can also try searching for the device code.  You may get lucky.

Frequent Visitor

Anyone find a code for the Sony Blu Ray player BDP-S360?
New Visitor

hi george,

I have a comcast RNG 200 DVR with a Platinum remote. I purchased a RCA L40FHD41 tv and cannot get the remote to work. I tried the site you recommended but nothing. Any ideas?

Regular Problem Solver

misf1lgf wrote:

hi george,

I have a comcast RNG 200 DVR with a Platinum remote. I purchased a RCA L40FHD41 tv and cannot get the remote to work. I tried the site you recommended but nothing. Any ideas?

Below are the RCA codes I found.  You can also check here to see if your remote is listed.  There may be additional codes.

10047, 10018, 10135, 11781, 10029, 10019, 10093, 10774, 11922, 10051, 10747, 11948, 11953, 12002, 10038, 10090, 10254, 11907, 11919, 10451, 10166, 10180

Recognized Contributor

Does anyone have the remote code for the 3 device DVR remote (red OK button) for the Logitech Z-5500 5.1 surround speaker system?

- http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/speakers_audio/home_pc_speakers/devices/224&cl=us,en

Per this page:

- http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=915014

The code is 11958, but have not had any results with that.

I have it plugged into the optical output of the Pace 110 cable box and would just like to get the power and volume functions to work off the Comcast remote.  I have unlocked the audio control but that does not seem to control the volume of the optical output.  The Mute function does work to turn off the audio, but that is about it.

New Visitor

[ Edited ]

I am using what seems to be a UEI Delta Universal remote with a Magnavox 15MF605T/17 television.

No codes listed from Comcast or UEI's www.urcsupport.com seem to work. 10054 works partially, but mute powers the tv on/off, and volume down and up both increase the volume.

Anyone have some other codes that might work?

EDIT: Phillips code 10037 also partially worked with the same issues as 10054. I also thought the remote itself might have been defective, but an identical remote produced the same results. 

Message Edited by jas430 on 03-23-2010 02:51 PM
New Visitor
AssistLocal

Re: Third Party Remote Control Codes Discussion

The link gives a remote control code for Onkyo AV Receiver TX-SR506 as 30135. Comcast lists 30135 or 30842 as the remote codes. 30135 will turn the receiver on but not OFF, and 30842 will turn it off but not ON. Does Comcast have a fix for this with their remotes?

Contributor
kal8898

I have an Onkyo TX-SR507 and I am having the same problem as the person above me had.  Has a fix been worked on and resolved?  I have a code to turn on/off or a code to control volume BUT no code controls both the volume and the power.  Please help!

Contributor

The new Comcast remotes ( they have a red select button and are programmed with 5 digit codes) do not support many of the sony home entertament systems. I hAD A REMOTE WITH THE GREY SELECT KEY WHICH WORKS FINe with the sony equipment. The sony is a DAV-HDX285 dvd home audio system. with the grey remote the code is 1903. on the red key remote I have tried all the codes listed along with about 50 given me from tech support and none work. I have used the search feature with no luck. I have tried to get a grey key remote at the local Comcast office but they have none. Other than buying a logitech harmony remote does anyone have any suggestions?????

New Visitor
Ken11

I have a Yamaha HTR-5063 Receiver which none of the codes I have found seem to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Contributor

I finally had a tech come to the house who understood the problem - but had no solutions. He did bring me an older remote with the grey select key - so for now I am ok... My suggestion is to call comcast and have a in house tech come out with a replacement remote (with the grey key)

My biggest complaint is that COMCAST has no method to really report a technical problem and god forbid come up with a fix......

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

The bottom line with the Comcast remotes is they are supplied as a convience for supporting many but far from all devices, and are not intended as a full fledged universal remote especially for more complicated devices like HTIB's, AV receivers and Blu-Ray players.. 

If you want a full fledged universal remote look at the Logitech Harmony line of remotes.  They are programmable and gets updates from the web for any new devices.

Contributor

If you want a cheaper alternative try the the SONY RM-VL600 learning remote. It is $26 at Best Buy or Walmart plus others I'm sure, It has 4 programmable keys that allow you to program a sequence of events, plus 8 componet keys that will learn all of your remotes functions so you can use 1 remote to control everything. It is a little tedious to program but after you do it for a few minutes you  get the hang of it and it goes fairly smoothly. My wife uses it and only rarely gets the system messed up. i use 1 key to turn on and off the entire system, 1 key sets up the DVD for use and 1 key to switch back to the TV, I have a small number of components to control though.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

That is pure BS.  My setup is all sony equipment. If they forgot how to support sony then what else are they incompetent in. HD??? . The real issue is they do not know how to deal with technical problems as any other company does. If I sell a TV then I support it. If I sell an operating system then I deal with the bugs and correct them. I spent 55 years in the computer business and would have failed in the first 5 if I didn't know hot to fix problems. all I was looking for was that the sound system turns on and off and I can control the volume. I agree if the user is using off the beat audio equipment but a Sony surround sound system -- get real......

Contributor

excuse me ah

Contributor

sorry my reply was to Jayinalg and to COMCAST  not you -- again sorry

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

In 2007 I inherited a less than 6 month old Polaroid tv from my father. Got a dvr, hooked it up to the tv, and none of the Polaroid codes worked for the dvr remote.

After 3 years of off and on looking for a code to make the remote work with the tv, I finally found one that worked.

My mom's tv in her bedroom is the only one tv in the house which is not connected to a dvr. The digital transition is set to be complete in my area in October. In July, I had to return something to Comcast and while there I decided to go ahead and get a dta.

As I looked at the tv codes so I could program the adapter remote for her tv, I looked at the Polaroid codes.

There were more codes listed for the dta than there were for the dvr remote. The light bulb came on over my head. Why not try the DTA codes on the dvr remote?

Somewhere in those numbers was one that worked for the Polaroid tv. After 3 years, we were finally able to use the dvr remote for the tv functions. At some point along the way, the tv remote had ceased to work, so in order to turn the tv off/on we had to walk over to the tv and do it from the power button. (we bought a few remotes but couldn't find the correct codes for them)

This might be an option if none of the codes with the dvr work for you. DTA's are newer than dvr's so the codes may be more updated for DTA's.

You can find the list of DTA codes HERE  Choose View Manual for  Comcast Digital Adapter Remote (DTA)

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

New Visitor
hbone42

'Got a Vizio E420VO with code 11758 for the Comcast remote (dark silver-grey with red select button) which works except for volume control (yet the mute button does!).  As I unlock the volume with the prescribed procedure by pressing TV / Setup / enter 990 the Comcast remote blinks twice the volume can be controlled...temporarily.  But upon powering down the Comcast RNG110 box, then powering up again the volume control is lost and will not control volume without repeating the procedure above.  Mute will work without fail in any case, but the volume can only be controlled by the Comcast remote only after proceeding with the aforementioned "990 unlock routine" and keeping the RNG110 box powered up...'got any idea what the solution might be?  This is very challenging! Thanks.

Regular Visitor

I would like to have my Toshiba remote (CT-90276) able to control my basic digital cable box (esentially just change channels).  The problem is that the digital cable box is simply branded Comcast and Toshiba doesn't provide any codes for Comcast branded cable boxes.  This is the new (in my area anyway) small Comcast digital cable tuner box that I am being forced to use after Comcast has removed the ability for my tv's built-in digital tuner to access their digital cable service.  (Not to mention removing the free local HD channels I had been getting....ahh, sorry, had to vent about that...haha!)

Please help!

Visitor
jre27

[ Edited ]

I'm having trouble finding a code for an older Panasonic TV/VCR combo set (Model PV-C2061).  I've got a list of 36 different codes, but none seem to work.  I tried calling Comcast support but only got the same basic list of codes and the incorrect process to try them.  The method he gave me made no sense, contradicted the instructional manual, and ultimately didn't work at all.  Any help would be appreciated.

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

@dleeder

Try Motorola codes for your small (DTA) box.

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

@jre27

What remote control are you trying to use? A Comcast supplied remote? The Comcast people probably have no idea of how to program some of the non Comcast remotes.

Thanks

Contributor
Tittle5845

I'm new to this Forum so I read through the 3rd Party Remote Control Codes Discussion with considerable dismay. I too have an ALL SONY setup, Bravia TV & Blu-Ray Home Theater System, a Comcast DVR Box & a Silver Controller with a Red OK Button. THe Remote Doc is from 2007 & doesn't even mention Blu-Ray, only DVD Players. THat's still the Latest Doc on the subject.

I tried out all the Codes under Sony DVDs to no success. I tried the Comcast Chat Tech Support to TOTAL FRUSTRATION. They acted like they had never heard of Blu-Ray. THen gave me the same DVD Codes as the Remote Doc.

After an hour of dancing around the Superviser said that the Blu-Ray had a new & mysterious Codeset & that the Engineers would be looking into the problem.

So, after 2 years Blu-Ray & its mysterious Codeset have just come to the attention of the Engineering Department? I see multiple requests for the Blu-Ray codes dating to 7-2009. THat's 18 months. Still no resolution? Am I in a Time Warp?

I needed some further Frustration so I went to the Sony Chat Tech Support figuring they at least would have their Heads out of their *sses. But No. They say the issue is on the Manufacturer of the Remote not them.

All I want to do is control the volumn of the Blu-Ray Home theater System & have the All On button turn on the TV, Cable Box & Blu-Ray. I will still have to use the TV Remote to switch the Input from Cable to Blu-Ray & the Blu-Ray control to run that device.

Does that sound so complicated? Comcast & Sony have had plenty of time to come up with something here. Based on the conversation on this Forum, I'm not the only one with a problem with both my Remote & Comcast.

When will 1 or both of them pull their heads out & deal with this issue?

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

[ Edited ]

The bottom line is these Comcast remotes are given out for convenience, and not a high end cure all for all equipment that comes out after it's design.  They are simple and not upgradeable, designed mostly to turn on and off and control the volume of your TV.

Most high end AV users would use a high end programmable remote like a Logitech Harmony.

It is the same with other new equipment that uses the XMP protocol's, older remotes won't control them because the remote doesn't know about the new protocol's and / or codes.

These are not high end remotes, and not advertised as such.  You get what you pay for.  They are a free bonus with your digital set top box.

Contributor
Tittle5845

Sorry, not a Free Bonus, these Remotes are required for the use of the Cable which I pay dearly for. Didn't ask it to wash my Cat or lower my electric bill, just turn the Blu-Ray on along with everything else & allow me to control the volumn without requiring 2 remotes to do anything.

Visitor
jre27

Commanguy, The remote I'm trying to use is the one supplied by Comcast for their new digital transport adapter that we are all required to have.  There are no brand name markings on it other than "Comcast", but based on the pictures from the link listed in the first post above, it would be the Delta.  I just find it frustrating because I am not trying to make it work on some new, high tech sound system or even a Blu ray or DVD player.  This is just a television.  I now have to pay a few extra dollars each month for the DTA because I have more than 3 TV's and the remote they provided can't be programed to work on that one TV.  I've tried it on the others....it is fine.  I now need to use 2 remotes everytime...one to turn it on & adjust the volume, and one to change the channels.  Very frustrating.

Contributor

For Tittle5845... I feel for you guy -- You will not get any answer from either comcast or sony. By the way those who feel comcast doesn't have to support sony - they actually did with the original remote.. Its actually the manufactor of the remote that is at fault... My solution originally was to go to the local comcast store and they were able to find two of the old ones. BUT tittle5845 there is another solution. On your bravia TV in the setup there should be a setting for HDMI remote or something like that. The purpose is for the tv to be able to control the audio out to the sony home theater system. What it does is that when the tv is turned on it senses the HTS and turns it on and transfers the audio to the HTS. (you need to connect the HTS and the tv via HDMI cable AND use the audio optical out cable from the tv to the input on the HTS) When you press the TV sound up or down it sends that to the HTS. Then if you have the comcast remote setup for TV sound then it does pass to the HTS... It works good..  If you want more info email me at bwatts@bwatts.org

Bill

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

jre27

That is the very basic of basic remotes. I looked at the manual for that on the Comcast site and in just glancing I didn't see anything for a combo tv like yours. I wonder if the remote that came with that tv would have the cabability to turn on the DTA at the very least then you could use the original remote for controlling things. I tried that out of curiousity on one of my tv remotes for the full size box just to see.

In any case I am also including a link to the Comcast DTA, it may be newer and be useful.

http://www.comcast.com/MediaLibrary/1/1/Customers/Customer_Support/Digital_Cable_with_OD/Digital_Cab...

Visitor
jre27

Thanks commanguy....Unfortunately that link matches the current instructions that came with the dta remote.  The original TV remote has no other device options either.  Like I said, it's just frustrating...nothing we can't live with, so I'm OK with it for now.  Thanks again.

Contributor
Tittle5845

Well, I spent 4 hrs struggling with Comcast On-Line Chat Support on Monday & Tuesday regarding Remote Codes for Sony Blu-Ray Home Theater System BDV-E570. I was told all kinds of Junk.

I was told that the Remote Manufacturer makes up the Remote Codes & I should call Motorola & ask for the Blu-Ray Code. After I insisted that was Crazy Talk & asked for a Supervisor. I was finally told to, Just Go away, we're not going to do anything else.

I had read that the Sony RM-VL600 Remote Would control the Sony Blu-Ray, Cable & Sony TV. I located a newer Model, RM-VLZ620, at Best Buy for $25.99. It has multi device programmability, Macros to control several devices with 1 touch. When I got home I tried it out & you guessed it, Worked on Cable & TV but not on Blu-Ray.

I flipped out. I went to the Sony Site, On-Line Chat Support & got pretty much the same story.

"Something is different about the Blu-Ray, it works with the Supplied Remote & we are not responsible for making it work with any other Remote, even if it is a Sony Universal Remote & you are trying to use it with Sony Products".

Now I'm Homicidal!!! Sadly I slammed Sony on several Customer Review Sites (CNET, Sony, & New Egg). THen I went outside to cool down. While I was standing in the Cold (-5) I decided to by-pass On-Line Chat Support at Sony, bite the bullet & try Phone Tech Support. 45 minutes on Hold, listening to Ads, later I got to talk to Kenneth (probably not). Kenneth was a part of Remote Control Tech Support & apparently a 2nd Tier Support. He knew exactly what I was talking about. Ken says, The problem is with the Remote not the E570. He passed 2 little Gems to me while we were talking.

1. The BDV-E570 is not a Blu-Ray Player, it's a Blu-Ray Home Theater System. I & On-Line Chat at both Sony & Comcast, were looking in the wrong place for the Remote Code. We should have been looking in the DVD Home Theater System section of the Remote Codes. Counter Intuitive as HE77. While there are no such Code listings in the Documentation provided by Comcast, the RM-VLZ620 does have DVD HTS Codes for Sony products in its Documentation.

2. The Code that Kenneth gave me worked like Magic. Woooo Hoooo, SCORE! THat Code is 31454.

And now for the Bad News. While that Code worked fine in the RM-VLZ620, the Silver ComCast Remote (Red OK Button) would not take it. Aux Button, Setup till Aux Flashes, type in code & NO 3 Flashes. No response from E570 when I press Power or Play. I don't consider this a problem as the Sony Remote was Cheap. had Programmable features & is a considerably better Remote than the Comcast Remote.

I draw several conclusions from my On-Line Chat Support experiences with Sony & Comcast.

1. It seems that, in both cases, the Chat "Technicians" are below Entry Level & should be avoided at all costs unless you enjoy Frustration & Bold Faced incompetence. Asking for a Supervisor results in being told the same Junk as the entry level personnel feeds you. The Supervisor has no more experience that the "Technician".

2. In the case of Sony, the 2nd Tier of Tech Support doesn't share information with the 1st Tier Tech Support. THis is especially disturbing but is probably a reflection of the Out Sourcing Solution most Consumer Product Customers suffer through. THese Product Manufacturers are counting their savings in Tech Support Costs while their Customer are being abused, disappointed, frustrated & slamming their Products on Review Sites & Forums. Short Term Thinking as usual.

Comcast is suffering with the same issue on their Chat Support Site. I swear I was chatting to the same people on both sites.

So once again,

1. Comcast Remote does not accept the DVD Home THeater System Control Code. Maybe it will work on yours but not on mine.
  2. The Sony Remote RM-VLZ620 does work when the correct Code is input & can control the Comcast Cable Box & Sony TV. It has impressive features & it's cheap.
  3. THe Code is 31454 & there are far more Control Codes on the VLZ620 than the ComCast Remote.
  4. If you don't have a Sony Blu-Ray HTS, look under DVD HTS for your Manufacturer Code.
  5. Don't use the Chat On-Line Support, Call the regular Phone Support.

So, my next duty is to go to the Review Sites & retract my slam but restate my On-Line Chat Tech Support Rant. I hope this is helpful to the other Forum Members who have been waiting for a solution or have just given up & bought something else.

Visitor
Charpol

You are a genius!!!!

Thanks so much for solving this problem.  I owe you!

New Visitor
bauman

I apologize if this is a duplicate post but I need help:

I have a Cisco branded cable box issued by Comcast and I would like to use a Vizio universal remote I just purchased.  Does anyone know the code for a Cisco cable box model# RNG100 to use on a universal remote.

New Visitor
YoungDwayne

Well I Had The Exact Same Problem, But Your Reply Helped Me Thank You