Service Expert
Queen-Evie

UPDATE: Guide Color Won't Change (scroll down)

[ Edited ]

This afternoon I unhooked my dvr from one tv and replaced that tv with another one. I got the dvr hooked back up, set the remote to work with the tv, then attempted to change the guide color.

The color will not change. I set it to Topaz Blue which is the color I prefer. The guide color is green. 

Just for fun, I tried some of the other colors.

Eggplant turns out black.

Pewter is green.

Navy Blue-no blue anywhere.

Purple Royale is Burgandy. (I checked the color on another dvr, and it is purple on it)

Do I have to exchange my dvr so I can change the color?

edit to add: the tv I uhooked did have Topaz Blue for the guide color.

And the tv currently hooked up did have Topaz Blue color the last time it was used, which was sometime in the past year.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Cable Expert
WarEagle57

Re: Guide Color Won't Change

Mine still works fine.  Have you tried the old standby of unplug/replug?

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

[ Edited ]

When I was changing the tv, I moved my dvr. I had to unplug it then.

Unplugged/replugged.

Guide color came up Purple Royale.

When I set it to Topaz Blue, it's still green and the other colors are not correct either.

I just got this box on Jan. 28th. It may be time for me to watch the shows I have recorded, then return it for another one. It will take me 2 or 3 days to watch them all, so maybe I can do it over the weekend and return it Monday.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

UPDATE:

I took the dvr to the Comcast today. The lady at Comcast hooked up to the tv they have behind the counter, and the guide color was Topaz Blue.

It doesn't seem to be a box issue. I brought the box back home, hooked it up, and found a green guide color I can live with.

Also, I played around with the tint, color, etc. settings on the tv which did not work to get the blue guide color.

It's weird that any guide color that is a shade of blue will not be blue but instead be green on my tv.

Cable Expert
WarEagle57

How is the DVR connected to the TV?  You might try using a different connection, although you should've noticed a problem with the picture if the TV connection was faulty.  Strange, if the guide looks bad but the picture doesn't.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

There is nothing wrong with the picture. It's perfect.

Cable coming into the house-cable port on back of dvr.

Another cable from dvr RF to the back of the tv.

Same setup it was when the box was used on the same tv for several years.

The tv is a Sharp. We have another IDENTICAL Sharp tv with a dvr connected the same way for years. The other Sharp tv does have the Topaz Blue guide color on it.