Regular Contributor
Accepted Solution

We've detected an interruption in your service.......

Why does this happen????????? 1 out of 3 tvs only. Usually when it happens, it comes right back on. Not this time. "Call customer service....." which we all know is not the most pleasant or helpful solution.

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

Re: We've detected an interruption in your service.......

AlsoDisgusted wrote:

Why does this happen????????? 1 out of 3 tvs only. Usually when it happens, it comes right back on. Not this time. "Call customer service....." which we all know is not the most pleasant or helpful solution.

Pixelation and dropout issues are almost always related to local or individual signal or connection issues. The issue can occur on a single channel or multiple channels due to the frequency or frequency range that the channel is delivered on.

Check to be sure that all of your cable connections are snug.

Give us a call at 1-800-COMCAST and we can start the troubleshooting process and get this resolved. In some cases we may need to send a technician to your home  Thanks for your patience.

Bronze Problem Solver
edpeters

If it is only one of three TVs, first suspect would be a bad cable/splitter/connection/etc. in that line.  Double check all connections, and swap/replace things as much as you can.  Also possible that the box in the line is bad, or that your house input signal is marginal and only one box is sensitive to it.  If box, take it to Comcast and get it replaced, if nothing else shows as bad call Comcast for service (you'll be charged if they find a problem inside).  You might also go to the info on your cable modem to see what the level of the signal coming in is.

Regular Contributor

I probably should've added:

It's a tv in a bedroom that has the little black box. It's also with the computer & everything there is working fine. I had the TV on this morning & it went off suddenly. All the connections are snug.

Regular Contributor

"You might also go to the info on your cable modem to see what the level of the signal coming in is."

& I would do this how?  Lol

Regular Contributor

Upon further investigation.............. it's only on some channels!     ???

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

Try this link for modem signals

http://192.168.100.1/

For more information on modem signals see this link

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Basic-Internet-Connectivity-And/Connection-Troubleshooting-Tips/td-p/12...

Those little black boxes, DTAs, come up with that message every once in a while. Sometimes the signal issue can be outside your house with noise on the system from another house that may be injecting noise onto the cable lines in your area.

I have two of those boxes and if the channel doesn't come back on its own I sometimes unplug the DTA for a few seconds and then plug it back in. It has worked for me.

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

AlsoDisgusted wrote:

Upon further investigation.............. it's only on some channels!     ???

Give us a call at 1-800-COMCAST and we can start the troubleshooting process and get this resolved. In some cases we may need to send a technician to your home  Thanks for your patience.

Regular Contributor

Well, evidently, I spoke too soon. I checked all 3 TVs & it's just certain channels that are saying "interruption in service" or it will just be a black screen.

Regular Contributor

How was this marked as solved?

At any rate, it just now came back on..

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

[ Edited ]

AlsoDisgusted wrote:

How was this marked as solved?

At any rate, it just now came back on..

This is the solution:

Pixelation and dropout issues are almost always related to local or individual signal or connection issues. The issue can occur on a single channel or multiple channels due to the frequency or frequency range that the channel is delivered on.

New Visitor
badsvc

This happened to me on at least 4 of my channels - started yesterday, still happening.  I talked with tech support and they tried several reset steps but couldn't fix it.  Now I have to take the cable box all the way to the service center to request a new one.  They offered to send out a tech to my house but I bet i'd get charged for that.  After reading this thread, sounds like the issue fixes itself eventually.  If so, then it doesn't make sense for me to take my living room apart to get to my cable box and take time off work to go to the service center.  This is frustrating.  Maybe I should take this as a sign to ditch TV service altogether.