Visitor

What happened to HDNMV?

I realize I'm likely late to the game in asking this question as the channel went away some time ago, but what happened to this great movie channel?  Was it too much to ask for one dedicated HD commercial free movie channel?  AMCHD's content is laughable and that doesn't even factor in the steady stream of commercials.

HDNMV had so many classics on it and has introduced me to many films I probably would have never checked out on my own.  I know everybody has their individual list of what they want to see in terms of channel lineup, but how could anybody not want HDNMV?  There's plenty of newer channels brought to my HD lineup that barely even utilize HD which obviously defeats the purpose entirely.  Will HDNMV ever come back? 

Cable Expert
WarEagle57

Re: What happened to HDNMV?

HDNET movie channel?  We've never had it in Seattle, and I'm not holding my breath in expectation that we'll get it any time soon.  If you had it, more than likely it was carried over as a result of a change in ownership of cable in your area.  Comcast finally came to an agreement with them (see here), but I haven't heard of any widespread deployment of the HDNET channels.
Visitor

Yes, it was the HDNet movie channel.  I can't remember if it was a carryover from the prior cable co.'s offerings or not, but now that you mention it, it probably was.  Just curious, do you get HDNet?  I do currently so I thought it was odd that the HDNet movie channel was removed.  It blows AMCHD out of the water in terms of content and quality. 

But hey, now I have Fox News in HD.  Barf.  I'm all for HD progress, but who cares if the news is in HD? 

Thanks for the info!

Cable Expert
WarEagle57

I've heard of some areas keeping HDNET and losing the movies, possibly for bandwidth or contract issues, but I haven't noticed any having either one added recently.  I got over 30 new HD channels since December, but no mention of HDNET.