Contributor
bgraves49

Where can you get X1?

Where can you get the X1 platform? (chicago?)

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Re: Where can you get X1?

Not until 2013 sometime.  It is just starting limited availabilty in Boston now.

Contributor
bgraves49

Thanks

New Visitor
Texiep

[ Edited ]

While on the subject, I read yesteday that X1 will only be available if you have the Triple Play. Anyone know if that's true? If so, not fair. I don't need a landline.

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

you don't have to use the landline, most times a triple play is cheaper than a double play.   comcast would have to confirm if triple play is a requirement

Contributor
bgraves49

Is X1 Free or is there a fee?

Regular Contributor
hyatis

It's going to be quicker then 2013... its rolling out west coast soon....real soon.

x1 is just a DVR, same fees but finally HD interface/guide

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

It's already August and nothing but Boston and Atlanta is just getting the first rollouts.  It's only 4 1/2 months until 2013, if you think this is going to roll out that fast you are really clueless.

Regular Contributor
hyatis

[ Edited ]

just sayin. like you know

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Employee tests do not count towards the reality of Comcast rollouts.

Guide 2.0 is starting before X1, and Comcast support can not handle 2 major rollouts at the same time.

Contributor

I just got one today, has anyone else got one?

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Where?

Contributor

Boston / Dorchester. Trying to find specs I hear it's supposed to have 4 tuners? Also what add-ons can be used? There is a eSATA & USB 3.0 jacks in the back. thx.

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

The USB and ethernet jack would not be enabled.  You can try the esata, but it might not be enabled until the end of the year.

This is a Pace DVR, right?

Contributor

I have no idea who makes this DVR. I looked all over and saw no mfg name / logo, just 'Xfinity'. Also the Ethernet jack is enabled as it needs an network connection (i.e. you can check your Facebook via this DVR if you wanted too).

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

10-4 on the network connection.

Try to see if you can record more than two channels on that box, it might only have two tuners.  The earlier trial boxes did have 4 tuners.

Please post back if you can record more than two at once.

Contributor
tacoville

I've been doing a little hunting for information and found this in a FAQ:

DVR:

Q: Will I be able to record more than one program at a time with my DVR?

A: Yes, you may record more than one program at a time with your XFINITY TV Service. You can actually save up to two programs at the same time, and even watch a third program of any kind - a live program, a previously saved program, a on demand selection or Internet content while those recordings are in progress.

I found X1 User Guide in pdf format online too but I've been searching so many places for info I forget where I found it or I'd attach the link to both for you.  Page 9 of the user guide says:

Record Multiple Programs

You can record up to two programs simultaneously and even watch a third program, whether it’s a pre

recorded show, a live program or an On Demand program.

Hope this helps.

Contributor

Can only record two (2) shows at once...bummer...might switch to the TIVO XL....

Contributor

To add...I can record two shows and watch a third LIVE show (couldn't do that before or ON-DEMAN with two shows recorded)/. But with all these features maybe an upgrade will all that. Looking inside the unit via the vent holes on top I see a cable-card in use.

Contributor
bgraves49

Sounds amazing and pretty cheap!  Cant wait for it to roll out in the Chicago Land area! :smileygrin: