New Visitor
Shaker1234

Whole Home DVR Network

I have Xfinity TV service with three digital TVs and one HD-DVR. Currently all our recorded TV shows can only be watched on that one TV. I would like to be able to record TV shows and view them (with an appropriate converter or DVR) on any of my 3 TVs from a "common server" type setup. I have Comcast Internet and WiFi in the house. Is there any current solution available?

Cable Expert
WarEagle57

Re: Whole Home DVR Network

If you have Motorola boxes, there is the option of AnyRoom DVR that may be available to you.  Call 1-800-COMCAST to see if it is available in your area.

Official Employee
ComcastNick

We have a service called, "Anyroom DVR", it sounds like what you want.

You have a main DVR box where you can record, and then you can play back those recordings on upto 3 other boxes in the house.

It isn't available yet in all areas, so I would call your local Comcast number and ask about it, they will be able to tell you if it is available and set it up for you if it is.

Comcast Nick
APSC Supervisor
New Visitor
Shaker1234

Excellent. Thanks for your info. I do have a Motorola box and will contact 1-800-COMCAST to get this service connected (hopefully).

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

one thing to note, you can only pause and rewind, FF from the main box for live tv, the other terminals are just dummy boxes and have no hard drive.

Official Employee
ComcastNick

rog286713 wrote:

one thing to note, you can only pause and rewind, FF from the main box for live tv, the other terminals are just dummy boxes and have no hard drive.

This is true for live tv, the terminals can however pause, rewind, or fast forward any recording you have.

Comcast Nick
APSC Supervisor
New Visitor
Rcd9999

How many shows can you record at once with the whole home DVR from Comcast?

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

[ Edited ]

The current Comcast AnyRoom DVR runs on a two tuner DVR, so the answer is two.

Trials of a 4 tuner box is ongoing on Augusta GA, not available anywhere else.

Retail Tivo Premier Elite's have 4 tuners and a 2TB drive.