New Visitor
Whisper224

Re: XFINTIY® TV on the X1 Platform FAQ’s

ComcastKaraT wrote:

XFINTIY® TV on the X1 Platform FAQ’s

X1 DVR with AnyRoom Functionality

Frequently asked question

Answer

Does the X-1 platform from XFINITY support AnyRoom DVR?

X1 DVR (with AnyRoom functionality) is a new service on the X1 Platform from XFINITY that allows a customer to watch recorded shows from any X1 Platform set-top box in the house, not just from the primary DVR (XG1 device). This feature extends the DVR functionality to non-DVR set-top boxes within the home

• XG1 (Primary DVR)– DVR set-top box on the home network (server)
  • RNG150N (Companion Boxes) – Non-DVR set-top boxes on the home network (client)
    • Full DVR functionality with the exception of controlling live TV: pause, rewind, jump to live, instant replay, etc.

Can I schedule recordings from a Companion box?

Yes, the companion boxes have the same functionality as the primary DVR for scheduling recordings.

Can I manage my DVR from a Companion box?

Yes, the companion boxes have the same functionality as the primary DVR to manage scheduled recordings, change recording settings and priorities, delete schedule recordings, etc.

Can I pause and rewind live TV on a Companion box?

No, only the DVR has the ability to control live TV at this time. You can still watch TV on your companion box at any time.

Can I play back the same recording on more than one TV at the same time?

Yes, you can playback up to 4 programs at the same time.  They could be four different programs or the same program on 4 different TVs.

Why do some of my recordings have a yellow circle with an exclamation point next to them?

The yellow icon indicates that we cannot find the recording on the home network.  This may be because the primary DVR doesn’t have power.  Check your power connection on your XG1 DVR STB and try to access the recordings again.

Recordings that were on a DVR that is no longer in your home will be maintained for a period of time.  They will be cleaned up over time but you can also delete them to remove them from your recordings list.

How do I get X1 DVR with AnyRoom functionality?

If you are currently an X1 platform customer, just call XFINITY at 1-800-COMCAST to add the service to your account.

Can I start a program in one room and finish it in another?

Yes, X1 DVR (with AnyRoom functionality) will save a single resume point for a recording that you can access from any DVR or companion box

Do I need new equipment?

If you are currently an X1 platform customer, no.  The equipment in your home already supports this functionality

Multiple DVR Support

Can I have more than one DVR with AnyRoom DVR?

Yes, the recordings list will show a consolidated list of recording from all of the DVRs.

Which DVR will a program record on when I schedule it from a companion box?

When the companion box is first installed, you can choose which DVR you would like to schedule recordings to. 

Can I change the DVR that my companion box schedules recording on?

You can change the default DVR at anytime in the settings menu

This really upsets me I just had the X1 service installed on 31AUG2013 and I was told that I could get 2 X-1 DVRs and only 2 remote boxes for different rooms. When the tech showed up he said that it had a Max of 4 boxes all together and no more than one DVR. Then he called someone to ask and they said that 5 boxes where included so he installed 4 remote boxes and one X1 DVR. I got to looking online why my hard drive wouldn't work and found this list of facts. Why an how can you get away with not knowing what you can set up and no one can give a straight answer on it... Please fix this issue!

Bronze Star Contributor
sammsterling

Whisper224 wrote:

This really upsets me I just had the X1 service installed on 31AUG2013 and I was told that I could get 2 X-1 DVRs and only 2 remote boxes for different rooms. When the tech showed up he said that it had a Max of 4 boxes all together and no more than one DVR. Then he called someone to ask and they said that 5 boxes where included so he installed 4 remote boxes and one X1 DVR. I got to looking online why my hard drive wouldn't work and found this list of facts. Why an how can you get away with not knowing what you can set up and no one can give a straight answer on it... Please fix this issue!

i do not understand why people let themselves get pushed around by this company.  i would have sent the installer away, called comcast, got my $20 for showing up and NOT doing the right thing, talked to a supervisor and rescheduled it.  it seems that the regional offices are making up their own rules as they go along.  GOOD GOING COMCAST.  of course i live alone and only have one tivo so it is hard to imagine a house with 2 dvr's and 3 sattellite boxes <grin>.  dont know what u are talking about hd not working.....

New Visitor
GRStrike

Re: X-1 DVR and iThings

I would also like to know the answer to this. I was under the impression I was going to be able to view my recordings from my phone or laptop but the only option I get when I look at my list of recordings online is to view them on TV.

Official Employee

I would also like to know the answer to this. I was under the impression I was going to be able to view my recordings from my phone or laptop but the only option I get when I look at my list of recordings online is to view them on TV.

That's not a possibility right now but hopefully a possibility with x2
Official Employee

Whisper, every system is different on the rules of multiple or single x1 DVRs. You can have a total of 6 boxes but only 4/6 can communicate ( be able to watch recordings) at the same time.
Regular Problem Solver

[ Edited ]

The issue is though, it appears that Comcast is advertising that these features work now, & Comcast employee's are telling people that these features work now.  

People are basing thier dicisions to subscribe or update thier service partly or wholly  on these services being included. I't only after the hardware and service is instaled, & people have paid for services, that they find out the features are not implemented or functional.    (add your own comments of what thats called).

Regular Contributor

Re: X1 - DVR

[ Edited ]

So a Comcast tech came out to the house on Saturday to see why I could not get guide or menu.  He never seen it before and once we rebooted and were able to see the diag menu it looked like my levels we not good..So his advise was to home run a new line..I declined at the time to see if I could get creative with what I had first.

Downstream SNR was 32 dbv

Upstream Power was 55 dbmv

Downstream Power I am unsure

I installed a different type of amp with no splitter inside..Its plus 15 and added a DC 9 in a room since my wiring was chained to the master.

Current levels are

Downstream SNR is 39.5 dbv

Upstream Power is 49.2 dbmv

Downstream Power is 0.6 dbmv

Now my levels are better than the bedroom before the split and I still have an issue.  I am going to switch out the box in the other room to see if it is a box/software issue.

Another issue I was found out which may or may not cause a problem is that if you are using an amp that has 2 or more outputs, you have a splitter built in..What I had done on my old amp was to have 1 leg have the main DVR  since it was a home run wire and the bedrooms off the other leg.

Technically you should have all boxes on the same leg if you are using an "any room dvr" setup.  I guess it can cause intermittent issues with video streaming between the DVR and Satellite box

Recognized Contributor

One thing that would be nice if Comcast really wants to improve this X1 system based on suggestions in this forum would be to do away with the pop-up box on the guide and add an area that would give the detail of the program you are highlighting without having to push a button. There is very little information in this pop-up box so all it seems to do is block othere channel's listings. 

On the top of the page there seems to be enough space for a brief detailed listing of the program that you are currently highlighing in the guide.  As of now the top of the screen just says "Guide", which hopefully I am allready aware of the fact that I am looking at the guide and don't need a reminder on the top of the page.  This would seem to be enough space to allow the name of the show, time that it is on, if it is new or repeat, an original airdate and a start of a description.  You could then press "info" if you wanted to read the entire decription. 

This seems to be an easy way to improve the guide, and it would put useful information in an area that is now wasted space on the screen.

Contributor
ibew103

One of the better posts in here. To many, this sucks that sucks. It's new people, learn to use it. To go on and on about skip a day foward, really? Most people only watch maybe 20, if that programs. Save all of your programs you watch to favorites. Go to favorites, highlite one of your shows, press info, it will show you every time it is on. Live, upcoming and OnDemand.

You probally know you can shut off info pop-up. 

Settings

Preferences

Info Pop-Ups

On

Off

Recognized Contributor

You

ibew103 wrote:

One of the better posts in here. To many, this sucks that sucks. It's new people, learn to use it. To go on and on about skip a day foward, really? Most people only watch maybe 20, if that programs. Save all of your programs you watch to favorites. Go to favorites, highlite one of your shows, press info, it will show you every time it is on. Live, upcoming and OnDemand.

You probally know you can shut off info pop-up. 

Settings

Preferences

Info Pop-Ups

On

Off

You absolutely can shut off the pop-up box but that would require you to hit "info" every time you wanted to get information about what you have highlighted in the guide.  If a brief description came up automatically at the top of the screen , like in the old Comcast systems, and with Tivo, and with just about every other DVR system that is out there, you could see what the program was about, weather it was new or repeat, who's starring, a few other things, and then you could hit "info" if you wanted to get more detailed information. 

The information in the pop-up box is virtually useless.  It basically has the name of the show which you allready know because you have it highlighted in the guide to begin with.

New Visitor
corinnezeutzius

Just got the x1 this weekend and while we're learning and loving most of it, we cannot believe it was released without the ability for the secondary terminal box to control live TV.  Please, can anyone tell me if the x2 upgrade wil address this?

Thanks.

Contributor
ibew103

I know that jwmccnn. I was refering to the post above mine. When I said, "One of the better posts in here" And I didn't say you probally could shut off pop-ups. Said you probally" know".

Bronze Star Contributor
sammsterling

corinnezeutzius wrote:

Just got the x1 this weekend and while we're learning and loving most of it, we cannot believe it was released without the ability for the secondary terminal box to control live TV.  Please, can anyone tell me if the x2 upgrade wil address this?

Thanks.

no one knows.  and for all of you who have a remote fetish <grin>, i personally dont watch hardly anything live, so i would not have that problem.  as a workaround (a horrible one i should add) you should be able to record what you are watching and be able to control it that way on playback.  of course being that i would not touch this box with a thousand foot pole, i do not know if when you hit the record button in the middle of the show if, #1, would it get the whole program?, #2 would the recording even show up right away?, #3 how long would it take you to get to the point of where you were?, and finally Why do we even have to ask these questions since MODERN dvr's have been around for over 15 years?  i really do not know who the main person on persons in charge of this project are, but they should all be jobless and drummed out of the industry and management.  This is what i get from reading this forum and having dvr's for 15 years (moto, sa, dish, tivo).  OH COMCAST..... but i do have to say that things seem to be getting better a bit lately from reading this forum.  lets see what happens with X2.....

Most Valued Poster

[ Edited ]

sammsterling wrote:

corinnezeutzius wrote:

Thanks.

no one knows.  and for all of you who have a remote fetish <grin>, i personally dont watch hardly anything live, so i would not have that problem.  as a workaround (a horrible one i should add) you should be able to record what you are watching and be able to control it that way on playback.  of course being that i would not touch this box with a thousand foot pole, i do not know if when you hit the record button in the middle of the show if, #1, would it get the whole program?, #2 would the recording even show up right away?, #3 how long would it take you to get to the point of where you were?, and finally Why do we even have to ask these questions since MODERN dvr's have been around for over 15 years?  i really do not know who the main person on persons in charge of this project are, but they should all be jobless and drummed out of the industry and management.  This is what i get from reading this forum and having dvr's for 15 years (moto, sa, dish, tivo).  OH COMCAST..... but i do have to say that things seem to be getting better a bit lately from reading this forum.  lets see what happens with X2.....

On my X1 which works almost perfectly, better than S26 on the RNG200N:

#1:  Yes

#2: Yes

#3: Not sure I understand the question.

Why are we asking these questions?  I'm not.  

Cheers!

New Visitor
cesear

I got my X1 ( 2 DVR's) install this last Thursday and have only a couple issues so far.  

1. I get the yellow exclamation mark on shows on both boxes about the other DVR being unplugged under the 'saved' tab but I don't have the Anyroom feature nor do I want it at this time.
  2. My scheduled recordings appear not to record until I reset the box then they populate under the 'saved' tab. (Only happens on one box).  I don't want to reset my box all the time to see my shows.   

Is there any resolution for this other than swapping out my box?

Contributor

X1 remote codes for the older URC remotes

I spent way too much time finding all the codes for the X1 for my MX-700 remote. Hopefully this will save a few of you some time. I uploaded the X1 device file to Remote Central for easy access:

http://files.remotecentral.com/view/7295-19026-1/pace_xfinity_x1_cable_box.html

Contributor

please help -- daily reboots to restore sound to X1 DVR

Please help -- 

We were recently upgraded to the X1 DVR and companion anyroom box.  I accept that the system is new and not yet problem free, but I think I may have a bum box.

Each day, when I turn on the TV, there is no audio. I've tried adjusting the audio settings (which generally worked on the older DVR when there were audio problems) but to no avail.  The only way to restore service is to reboot the box.  If Comcast monitors the up-time of the devices, they will see the pattern of nearly daily reboots (LOL - I was out of town for the long weekend, so there are no reboots for the past 4 days until I got home tonight.)

Tried calling for help, but can only stay on hold for so long before frustration sets in.

I am OK with some bugs still needing to be worked out, and won't even go into my wish list, I just would like to know if I have a bad DVR that needs to be swapped out or if others are experiencing something similar.  If Release Version and Sever Version info would be helpful, please let me know and I will post same.  

Thanks for any feedback.

Cindy

New Visitor
Whisper224

I am active duty military and I leave for months at a time so my wife records my shows so I can watch them when I return.
Bronze Star Contributor
RobertCoplin

I have a question has anybody else found a program that you didnt scheldule to be recorded is on your scheldule  that you cant delete that scelduled recording that is set for tomorrow.

Contributor
jwwPhotos

I am a bit late to this topic so please excuse my ignorance, but found out that the X1 DVR was finally available in my area. (actually back in June, but they never called me)

However I did recently get a card from them, so I called up Comcast to see how much it would cost to upgrade. I was told I could only do that if I had Triple Play.  Huh?  All this waiting for a decent DVR and I have to purchase everything from them? That doesn't seem very sporting of them.

So does anyone know if they will ever offer the X1 DVR to those that just want cable?

Thanks!

Bronze Star Contributor
sammsterling

Re: WHY IS TRIPLE PLAY NEEDED FOR X1??? WHAT CAN BE DONE???

jwwPhotos wrote:

I am a bit late to this topic so please excuse my ignorance, but found out that the X1 DVR was finally available in my area. (actually back in June, but they never called me)

However I did recently get a card from them, so I called up Comcast to see how much it would cost to upgrade. I was told I could only do that if I had Triple Play.  Huh?  All this waiting for a decent DVR and I have to purchase everything from them? That doesn't seem very sporting of them.

So does anyone know if they will ever offer the X1 DVR to those that just want cable?

Thanks!

yes it does not seem like fair commerce to me.  this is a marketing ploy from them.  while their internet is fantastic (i dont know who would not want it, i got Blast), but the voice is a bit too much money.  i got better features on my phonepower.com internet phone for less.  i am sure they will unrestrict this sooner or later, i think they really must, but in the meantime, why dont all you customers out there who would love to just try this thing send an email to:

corporate_communications@comcast.com

and ask them why you are being penalized.  lets see if the customer base can change these HUGELY BRILLIANT EXECUTIVES (gee, the bad word filter would not let me use the word

I-D-I-O-T...LOLOL) MINDS'.  really, it does cost them more money to roll out x1 mainly due to the fact that they need to let all these new boxes go (there is no extra charge for x1 other than the ripoff installation fee, which i am still not sure if this bs filter is real or not or does anything or not) and then they have to do something with those old boxes (maybe they are saving them for when the x1 boxes are returned to them for doing dumb things).  

Regular Contributor
mmaslar

No recordings from Sunday or Monday

I left town this weekend and none of the recordings that I had set up for Sunday and Monday recorded.  Thanks Comcast!

Most Valued Poster

Whisper224 wrote:
I am active duty military and I leave for months at a time so my wife records my shows so I can watch them when I return.

Thank you for your service to our country.  Comcast should provide a discount to our active duty military.  :smileygrin:

New Visitor
Lawrenmel

Re: Audio Sync Issues with X1 Anyroom DVR and Sony receiver

I have the same issue with my Denon receiver. I have tried (at their techs suggestion) running HDMI to my TV and then optical digital out to my receiver (as opposed to running the digital audio directly to my receiver). When I tried this (digital audio out from my TV) it did not pass Dolby Digital any longer just Dolby Pro Logic. 

I also noted that my satellite box (not the main X1 box) does not output Dolby Digital only Dolby Pro Logic. However... when I play a recorded movie from my X1 box it WILL play in Dolby Digital but will have the audio sync problem you speak of.

Contributor
jwwPhotos

Re: WHY IS TRIPLE PLAY NEEDED FOR X1??? WHAT CAN BE DONE???

sammsterling wrote:

jwwPhotos wrote:

Thanks!

yes it does not seem like fair commerce to me.  this is a marketing ploy from them.  while their internet is fantastic (i dont know who would not want it, i got Blast), but the voice is a bit too much money.  i got better features on my phonepower.com internet phone for less.  i am sure they will unrestrict this sooner or later, i think they really must, but in the meantime, why dont all you customers out there who would love to just try this thing send an email to:

corporate_communications@comcast.com

and ask them why you are being penalized.  lets see if the customer base can change these HUGELY BRILLIANT EXECUTIVES (gee, the bad word filter would not let me use the word

I-D-I-O-T...LOLOL) MINDS'.  really, it does cost them more money to roll out x1 mainly due to the fact that they need to let all these new boxes go (there is no extra charge for x1 other than the ripoff installation fee, which i am still not sure if this bs filter is real or not or does anything or not) and then they have to do something with those old boxes (maybe they are saving them for when the x1 boxes are returned to them for doing dumb things).  

lol... Thanks for that. I figured that was the answer. I think I might shoot an email to the address and see what happens.

For the record, I have priced out triple play and it isn't cheaper at all in my case. Especially after the dreaded discount period expires. In fact, just my cable alone is around $35 more expensive from where I used to live when I got the same exact service from another provider.  ..and I had a smarter DVR. lol

Oh well..  I will shoot them an email and sit back and wait. I would really like to have an X1 DVR, but I guess I will suffer for now.   ...appreciate the help!

Contributor

Re: X1 DVR

[ Edited ]

When my X1 was originally set up the Master Bedroom STB was set as the master DVR even though it doesn't have that capability. I set up 10 series recordings on the X1 which defaulted to the Master Bedroom DVR (which isn't a DVR). I used the online DVR manager to change the series recordings so they would be on the Living Room DVR (X1) at which point they all disappeared. It's been over 12 hours and none of my series recordings has shown up for either DVR in the online manager. They also don't show up in the X1 DVR menu either. Not a huge deal, but looks like a bug that needs to be addressed.

Regular Contributor

Re: X1 - DVR--DVR Manager

Does the online DVR Manager work with the X1 or is it location specific?  When I first got the X1, it worked fine.  Then I moved about 2 miles away and at the new address, it says that the DVR manager can't locate a compatible box.  Is there a setting I'm missing or is it really not available just up the street?

Contributor
whereismykit

Re: No recordings from Sunday or Monday

Give it a few days and then they will magically appear.  This has happened to me a few times.  

Visitor

Re: X1 - DVR Constantly loosing communication to cloud

I have had X1 for serveral months.  When I first got it I found that I had to reboot the DVR every day at least once due to it loosing communication with the cloud.  In the past few weeks it has gotten better.  They have cut my internet download speed to about half what it was and now I only have to reboot the DVR every few days. I had to watch a channel last night for over 30 min that I did not want to see because I could not even change channels.  Is there any update on when this is going to improve?  My patience is growing very slim.  I am in the Augusta, Ga market.

Bronze Star Contributor
Titanic1701

jubrand wrote:

Does the online DVR Manager work with the X1 or is it location specific?  When I first got the X1, it worked fine.  Then I moved about 2 miles away and at the new address, it says that the DVR manager can't locate a compatible box.  Is there a setting I'm missing or is it really not available just up the street?

Did you keep the same equipment when you moved? I know in my area (Philly Suburbs) they made me turn in my existing equipment and get new equipment when I simply moved to another apartment within the same complex. And in doing so, I had to activate the new equipment before it would show up anywhere.

Official Employee

[ Edited ]
Tommy, Your Internet service and x1 boxes are not related, but both rely on a good cable signal tho, you may issues you don't know about, call for a tech visit
Contributor
slipey

I'm brand new to the X1 platform, but I'm having some issues setting up some recordings like I had with my old motorola dvr.

I'm trying to setup the box to record all "Formula One Racing" broadcasts on NBCSP.  On the old Motorola box you would setup a "Search and Record" series and the box would simply record anything that match the title you typed in.  I'm not finding a way to do this on the X1.  When I set it to record 1 broadcast, I don't get any options to record series nor do I see where I can set the box to record them all.  I really to want to have to manually setup 3 seperate recordings everytime there is a race (practice, qualifyin, and the race).

Is it possible to set this up on the X1?

Regular Contributor

Titanic1701 wrote:

jubrand wrote:

Did you keep the same equipment when you moved? I know in my area (Philly Suburbs) they made me turn in my existing equipment and get new equipment when I simply moved to another apartment within the same complex. And in doing so, I had to activate the new equipment before it would show up anywhere.

Yea, kept the exact same box.  The box is working fine, it's just my online account says that there's no compatible box found.  Is there some kind of back end registration that comcast has to do?

Bronze Star Contributor
Titanic1701

jubrand wrote:

Titanic1701 wrote:

jubrand wrote:

Yea, kept the exact same box.  The box is working fine, it's just my online account says that there's no compatible box found.  Is there some kind of back end registration that comcast has to do?

Maybe when you moved, they saw it as closing "old" account and re-opening at "new" location, and did something with your "old" account, and not the correct thing with the "new" account to make them not show up online. I know it's a hassle, but have you tried calling them?

Regular Contributor

Titanic1701 wrote:

jubrand wrote:

Titanic1701 wrote:

jubrand wrote:

Maybe when you moved, they saw it as closing "old" account and re-opening at "new" location, and did something with your "old" account, and not the correct thing with the "new" account to make them not show up online. I know it's a hassle, but have you tried calling them?

Yea, I called them and was passed around to 6 different reps who still couldn't figure it out.  So my question is still whether this is a registration issue or if the DVR manager could just not be available in my area.  

Bronze Star Contributor
Titanic1701

jubrand wrote:

Titanic1701 wrote:

jubrand wrote:

Titanic1701 wrote:

jubrand wrote:

Yea, I called them and was passed around to 6 different reps who still couldn't figure it out.  So my question is still whether this is a registration issue or if the DVR manager could just not be available in my area.  

Maybe call and have them send a "signal" to your box. That might update some things. I am pretty sure that DVRManager is not limited to certain areas, especially when it comes to the X1 platform. But, I am making an uninformed guess at that.

Visitor

Comcast tech says all signals at my house are great. Customer service told me that there are many complaints like mine.
New Visitor

Re: X1 - AnyRoom DVR

False.   The misinformation from comcast is comical if it wasn't so frustrating.  i have 3 X1 dvrs in my house (b/c i was told that the anyroom feature wasn't available and couldn't beleive that if i got the x1 hub with 2 regular junior x1 boxes for the 2 other tvs that i wouldn't be able to even pause live tv on those 2).... so i have the 3 dvrs figuring i'd have to record a lot of the same programs, but seprately on each dvr.  as it turns out - i record on one, and i can see it and watch it on the 2 others. i can pause live tv on all of them -they're all the same exact dvr box.  (i've got recording playback issues though on 2 of the 3 dvrs "playback error" when ff on 3 or 4 speed about half the time or it reverts to live tv while ff'ing a recording - and listen to this one. recording baseball games - after any ff or reply pressing, the audio goes to Spanish - somehow triggerig the SAP feature, but just by pressing ff or reply -sometimes i can get it back to english - sometimes, i can't)

Bronze Star Contributor
sammsterling

Re: X1 - AnyRoom DVR

moreHDplease wrote:

False.   The misinformation from comcast is comical if it wasn't so frustrating.  i have 3 X1 dvrs in my house (b/c i was told that the anyroom feature wasn't available and couldn't beleive that if i got the x1 hub with 2 regular junior x1 boxes for the 2 other tvs that i wouldn't be able to even pause live tv on those 2).... so i have the 3 dvrs figuring i'd have to record a lot of the same programs, but seprately on each dvr.  as it turns out - i record on one, and i can see it and watch it on the 2 others. i can pause live tv on all of them -they're all the same exact dvr box.  (i've got recording playback issues though on 2 of the 3 dvrs "playback error" when ff on 3 or 4 speed about half the time or it reverts to live tv while ff'ing a recording - and listen to this one. recording baseball games - after any ff or reply pressing, the audio goes to Spanish - somehow triggerig the SAP feature, but just by pressing ff or reply -sometimes i can get it back to english - sometimes, i can't)

oh this is the funniest X1 "feature" i have heard about yet.  of course its hard for me to digest the fact that you pay comcast for THREE dvrs.  sorry.

Regular Contributor
LS8112

Re: New DVR Build - Dated 6/22

You must say that because you really didn't use the Favorites to their optimum.  I had 4 separate favorite lists and used them extensively.  One was premium only---which you can sort of get but only if you subscribe to every premium channel.  I only get HBO and only want to see the HBO channels.  I loved favorites during the Olympics because I had one the only had the channels that the Olympics appeared on.  I am a hockey fan and had one the only had my hockey channels.  I know when my teams are on already but not when NBC, NBC Sports or the Hockey channel was going to televise other games I might want to watch.  Plus, I had another of just the wide spread channels that really were my favorites---may 25-50 channels.  I scanned each of my favorites multiple times a day.  This new set up of 1 favorite list is basically useless to me.

Regular Contributor
LS8112

No sports watcher will be happy with the limit on extended recording time.  I am a hockey fan and during playoffs, I always set the extended time to 2 hours more because of sudden death over-time which could go even more than 2 hours.  Plus, regular games that are tied at the end--which is ususally later than published, there is an over-time and a shoot out plus time between.  If this is not fixed prior to the 2014 start of hockey, you will lose a Triple Cast subscriber to Direct TV.  If I change TV, I will go back to AT&T for phones and internet too.  This is totally unacceptable.

Contributor
guyplayeur

Re: Audio Sync Issues with X1 Anyroom DVR and Sony receiver

Sorry.  Full Model number of the AnyRoom (non-DVR) box that is having the issue is PR150BNM.  Thanks for whatever help you can offer!

RobertWy wrote:

guyplayeur wrote:

I have X1, with one any-room DVR box (i believe the model # is RNG 150N).

I'm having audio sync issues when running the audio through my Sony STR-SE501 receiver.  My video goes straight to the TV, while audio goes from DVR to receiver via optical digital cable.

The audio on most channels is out of sync with the video (audio comes about 1/5 of a second before the video), and on some channels, like ESPN, the audio drops out entirely.

When I connect the audio directly to my TV using composite cables, the audio is fine for all tested channels.

Anyone know of issues between AnyRoom DVR and this Sony receiver, and if there's a fix?   This setup worked fine with my previous non-X1 Comcast HD DVR, using the same cables, and I also have no issues with sync while watching live TV on this new box.

Thanks!

I have a satellite box that isn't a DVR and its model number is PR150. Can you find your model number?

Regular Contributor
acheck981

New Issue - Conflicts

You can now see conflicts in the guide, yay!

But, when I go to reschedule the conflicted program at a later time, it refuses to allow it to be recorded. Even when there is no other recording set at that time.

It will say it's set to record, however instead of the solid red circle, it displays a circle with line through it.

Comcast, please get it together.

Bronze Star Contributor
Titanic1701

LS8112 wrote:

No sports watcher will be happy with the limit on extended recording time.  I am a hockey fan and during playoffs, I always set the extended time to 2 hours more because of sudden death over-time which could go even more than 2 hours.  Plus, regular games that are tied at the end--which is ususally later than published, there is an over-time and a shoot out plus time between.  If this is not fixed prior to the 2014 start of hockey, you will lose a Triple Cast subscriber to Direct TV.  If I change TV, I will go back to AT&T for phones and internet too.  This is totally unacceptable.

Jut an FYI, if you schedule the hockey games (or anything for that matter) online with the DvrManager, you can still extend by 2 hours. Beware though, whenever you extend a recording either via the X1 or online, once you reach the timed end mark of the original recording, you will no longer be able to "resume". You will have to start the recording over and FF to the spot where you left off. Meaning, if you extend a 1 hour show by 5 minutes, once you hit the 1 hour mark, BAM, no "resume". Or extend a 3 hour baseball game by 2 hours. Once you get to the 3 hour mark, no more "resume" option.

Bronze Star Contributor
Titanic1701

Re: New Issue - Conflicts

[ Edited ]

acheck981 wrote:

But, when I go to reschedule the conflicted program at a later time, it refuses to allow it to be recorded. Even when there is no other recording set at that time.

It will say it's set to record, however instead of the solid red circle, it displays a circle with line through it.

That is kind of what I am looking for. I want to see the conflicts in the "Scheduled" list. I have so many things set to record, I don't always know what channels to check in the guide. So, it would be nice to be able to simply go to the "scheduled" list and see any conflicts there. Like in the "good ole days".

Bronze Star Contributor
sammsterling

Re: New Issue - Conflicts

acheck981 wrote:

who are these testers????????????  comcast is not the only big company out there who have no idea what quality assurance is, believe me, BUT..............  i worked in the computer banking industry for over 25 years AND NO MISTAKES WERE ALLOWED.  ITS CALLED TESTING!!!!!!!!!!  i mean if you are going to fix a bug, then make sure its fixed.  

Bronze Star Contributor
Titanic1701

Very Stange Issues last night

I noticed at 7:05pm last night the Phillies game was not recording. I went to guide, it had a blank red circle indicating it was not recording. I tried to get it to record, it eventually started, but when I tried to access it thru the "saved" list, it simply went back to live TV. I figured I would let it record for a bit and check to play it later. Then, at 8pm, another show started recording. It was NOT in my "scheduled" list, and upon investigation, it was a series recording I had set up. Strange it was not listed in the "scheduled" list prior to 8pm, and strange that it still recorded. But, as with the Phillies game, when I click on "watch on DVR", it simply went back to live TV. Then, at 9:08pm, 2 shows were still listed in the "scheduled" list that were supposed to start recording at 9pm. They never started recording, nor were there any conflicts, and they were still listed in the "Scheduled" list after 9pm. Then, at 9:15, those 2 shows dissappeared from the "scheduled" list, and never started recording. Then I lost live TV. I only had a blank grey screen with the channel's logo on it. I let that sit for a while, to no avail. I then unplugged the X1, waited for it to boot back on, got live TV, Got partial recordings for Phillies, and never got the 2 shows that didn't start recording. And, the live show of America's Got Talent never records. I have it set like all other series, and this show has yet to record on the X1. (4 weeks now) The results show, the next night records, but never the live performance.

Most Valued Poster

Re: Very Stange Issues last night

[ Edited ]

Titanic1701 wrote:

I noticed at 7:05pm last night the Phillies game was not recording. I went to guide, it had a blank red circle indicating it was not recording. I tried to get it to record, it eventually started, but when I tried to access it thru the "saved" list, it simply went back to live TV. I figured I would let it record for a bit and check to play it later. Then, at 8pm, another show started recording. It was NOT in my "scheduled" list, and upon investigation, it was a series recording I had set up. Strange it was not listed in the "scheduled" list prior to 8pm, and strange that it still recorded. But, as with the Phillies game, when I click on "watch on DVR", it simply went back to live TV. Then, at 9:08pm, 2 shows were still listed in the "scheduled" list that were supposed to start recording at 9pm. They never started recording, nor were there any conflicts, and they were still listed in the "Scheduled" list after 9pm. Then, at 9:15, those 2 shows dissappeared from the "scheduled" list, and never started recording. Then I lost live TV. I only had a blank grey screen with the channel's logo on it. I let that sit for a while, to no avail. I then unplugged the X1, waited for it to boot back on, got live TV, Got partial recordings for Phillies, and never got the 2 shows that didn't start recording. And, the live show of America's Got Talent never records. I have it set like all other series, and this show has yet to record on the X1. (4 weeks now) The results show, the next night records, but never the live performance.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's strange.  So far I have had two recordings do that in the month I have had X1 and AGT Live show was one of them.  It has recorded OK the past three weeks.  I wonder why that show gives the fritz.  

Contributor
rth88

Re: X1 - DVR - Service Unavailable -Code RDK-03032

[ Edited ]

rth88 wrote:

I'm getting the Service Unavailable (Code RDK-03032).  It was working fine all week, but then this evenin at around 6:30 PM, I was getting this intermittantly, and then finally as of 8:17 PM, all I et is a black scren.

I've power cycled 3 times so far, and spoke with a Tech at that X1 hotline.  She couldn't do anything except send a signal (didn't do anything) and schedule a tech.  I can go to one of my TVs that has a DTA converter box, and I'm getting a TV signal into my house, but none of the X1 equipment is working.

The X1 was installed Monday, and the Comcast tech installing the equipment checked the signal strength of several cable outlets, and didn't see anything bad.

Everything was going so smoothly, and I was liking the X1. . .

A Comcast technician came this morning, and was able to resolve the issue in about 45 minutes.  He thoroughly checked all cable signals, and said the real problem was that the contractor that installed the X1 equipment did not install some special filter that is required for the X1 equipment to work.  He said a lot of his appointments are because the contractors setting up these X1 boxes don't install that filter.

So I'm happy again. :smileyhappy:

Contributor

KaraT. Any luck on knowing when the conflict recording will be fixed