Official Employee

Re: X1 - DVR Removal of any room function

If you have any room
1. You don't need 2 DVRs
2. A terminal is the HD box the DVR talks to that allows you to see recordings( you can also record with it which makes having a 2nd DVR unnecessary and a little cheaper)
3. That is why your recordings are showing up with !! Because they aren't supposed to communicate but will try(with little luck)
Contributor

Thanks, I do want two X1's as standalones. One for my wife and one for me. I won't give the boxes up, I have waited too long for them. I think you understand. Tech support is working on this and may be kicked up to Tier 2.  

Contributor
FlipFlopDrew

Re: ERROR RDK03032 - Every Day Since Installed on Multiple X1 DVRs and single DR

And again tonight. Just as I sit down to TRY and watch the hockey game. DVR in living room cannot change channel so I'm stuck on the golf channel. DVR in media room cannot change channel so I am stuck on wherever it foze last night. DR in bedroom fine. Maybe it's because veryone else in the neighborhood is now watching TV and the signal strength is NOT HIGH ENOUGH. Have not heard anything official from my issue...again. And yes, I have rebooted...to no avail. Here's a suggestion... how about programming the DVR box which is just a modem with a PING routine. Then it can constantly check whether XFINITY services are available. Or, fix the strength issue.

Official Employee

If you want 2 stand alone x1 DVRs you can't do any room and to keep the recordings from going back and forth you should have a What's a PoE ) filter behind one of the 2, the filter should keep them from communicating
Contributor
FlipFlopDrew

ERROR RDK03032 - Every Day Since Installed on Multiple X1 DVRs and single DR

Again at 6:50p I am watching golf channel and try and change channel to get ready for Hockey. RDK03032 message again on DVR 1. Go to bedroom and X1 digital receiver (not recorder) is working fine so it is connected to XFINITY services. Do a GUIDE it's cool. Do a LAST, it's cool. Do a search, everything is fine. So SERVICES ARE AVAILABLE. Go upstairs to X1 DVR 2 and that box also has the RDK03032 error. Now if you have an X1 box and have experienced this error, you know that the last channel you were on is what is displayed. So technically, you are connected to X1 services. Of course, given nothing else to do, I unplug DVR 1 and see if it will reboot...nothing 1 hour later. Oh and the ultimate kicker, the other TVs in the house on the OLD boxes are working just fine. So I get to watch hockey but not in HD.

Had a nice chat with Irene on the Comcast support. Told he it was OK that she would not be able to solve my problem, but I needed to get it documented.

Guess I will be back tomorrow night.

New Visitor

X1 - Any Room DVR

I had the X1 Service installed about 2 weeks ago and during the discussion expressed interest in AnyRoom DVR capability.  Spoke to Comcast this evening and they said that Any Room is now available in my area on the X1 but they will have to charge me $50 to come out and switch the equipment for a DVR and 2 STBs that are Any Room compatible.  Is this correct?  If so, I am very disapointed as I just switched from DirecTV where I had the capability and was told that the service was being added shortly to the X1 service.  No one mentioned that I would have to pay $50 to send someone back out to change out the DVR and STBs.   

Official Employee

Re: X1 - Any Room DVR

If you had the proper equipment installed ( and installed properly) there really shouldn't be a reason for someone to come out (just my opinion), I hate to say it but maybe call in to customer service again
New Visitor
LEdwards504

Re: X1 - DVR

Got my X1 about two weeks ago and loved it until the last few days when it began randomly ignoring the remote control. I'm watching NFL Network, they go to commercial, I try to flip to Science Channel real quick,... no dice. I'm pressing buttons on the remote, green remote light is flashing, DVR's green light is flashing in sync with my button presses,... no response. Can't change channel, can't view channel guide, can't access apps, can't access DVR, nothing. I walk away frustrated, come back in a few minutes,... now with any button press I get "Sorry, can't access your DVR right now. Go to comcast.com and enter error code RDK-03032." Such a hassle...

Any suggestions/insights?

New Visitor
LEdwards504

Re: RDK-03032

Dealing with this issue right now; literally, as I type this, my DVR is completely unresponsive. I had a tech come to my house today, as in SIX HOURS AGO, who had appeared to have cleared up the problem after changing some connectors and calling in about a wonky signal. Sure enough, about two hours after he left, same old $#!+... This new box is quickly becoming more trouble than it's worth.

Regular Contributor
mmaslar

Re: X1 - Any Room DVR

Call the X1 customer service line. 877-896-8678. They'll be able to get it on for you without a technician coming out. When I called 1-800-Comcast, they told me a tech would have to come out and change my equipment, but when the tech never showed up, I calle the X1 support number and they were able to turn in on instantly. Just needed to reboot my boxes, and everything was working. I'm getting a replacing DVR though because I'm having some issues with some shows not recording and others being deleted, even though my DVR is only at about 20% full. Not sure if a new box will fix that issue after reading all the posts on here, but it's worth a shot. Seriously though, if you have X1, never call 1-800-Comcast because they don't seem to know anything about X1. Stick with 877-896-8678. They're a lot more helpful. Plus, they log all of the bugs for the design team, so there's the possibility they'll get the bugs worked out more quickly if the right people know about them.
Official Employee
ComcastKaraT

LEdwards504 wrote:

Got my X1 about two weeks ago and loved it until the last few days when it began randomly ignoring the remote control. I'm watching NFL Network, they go to commercial, I try to flip to Science Channel real quick,... no dice. I'm pressing buttons on the remote, green remote light is flashing, DVR's green light is flashing in sync with my button presses,... no response. Can't change channel, can't view channel guide, can't access apps, can't access DVR, nothing. I walk away frustrated, come back in a few minutes,... now with any button press I get "Sorry, can't access your DVR right now. Go to comcast.com and enter error code RDK-03032." Such a hassle...

Any suggestions/insights?

Hi LEdwards504  - I am sorry you are having this issue. That error code indicates the set top box is having an issue connecting to our server. In order to resolve, unplug the box for 10 seconds and plug it back in. The box will go through the reboot cycle (you will see a red XFINITY with 4 red dots).

If the issue persists, please contact Comcast so that our tier 2 reps can investigate.

Contributor

Bless you. Should I contact tech support to have this done, or what? Thanks again

Recognized Contributor
RobertWy

Re: X1 Anyroom DVR

FredNation wrote:

ComcastKaraT wrote:
Awilliams4806 - The current launch date for AnyRoom DVR, as seen in the marketing materials, is June 2013. I do not have an exact launch date next month, and like all launches, it may be subject to slight change as needed. If/when there is more information available regarding AnyRoom DVR, i will post it to this thread. 

Will that be an extra price on the bill? Or is that included with current DVR customers?

It's an extra charge in Houston.  It's only available if you sign up for HD Premier Complete Triple Play for existing customers.  I don't know at this time what new customers would get.

Offers June 23 2013.jpg

Visitor

Any idea on if this will be available in the KC area?  I keep hearing June 2013.....

Bronze Star Contributor
RobertCoplin

You can always contact Comcast Cable by their chatroom which is what i did useing your account or to call Comcast Cable to see if its available in your area.To the Comcast personal is their a link on which cities have the X1 DVR or when they will be getting the X1 DVR in their area.

Contributor
FlipFlopDrew

Re: ERROR RDK03032 - Every Day Since Installed on Multiple X1 DVRs and single DR

UPDATE:

At 9:58 last night after being out for 3 hours and missing the entire prime time viewing window, both of my X1 DVR's came back on.

Could it be that the signal strength from the local station is not strong enough to support my neigborhood?

Regular Contributor
PSUGOLD

Question:  I have 4 of the same show taped for my daughter on the DVR.  Can I set it up to watch them all in a row, or do I have to choose a new episode everytime one ends?  It is my daughter's shows and she watches them in bed.  After 30 minutes the one is over and I don't want it to shut off.  I came from FIOS where there was the option to "play all" starting at the first.

Bronze Star Contributor
sammsterling

FlipFlopDrew wrote:

UPDATE:

At 9:58 last night after being out for 3 hours and missing the entire prime time viewing window, both of my X1 DVR's came back on.

Could it be that the signal strength from the local station is not strong enough to support my neigborhood?

could it possibly be that the X1 system is not designed for more than one dvr in an install?  for normal non-cloud dvr setups this probably would not be a problem, but who knows.  i have not seen anyone else post here that had a second x1 dvr, i do believe.  that is what Anyroom is for, but maybe you want more storage or something.  wrong company for that! (sorry).  i suggest you call the x1 hotline number.

Regular Contributor
ERIC8585

Me too
Official Employee
ComcastKaraT

PSUGOLD wrote:

Question:  I have 4 of the same show taped for my daughter on the DVR.  Can I set it up to watch them all in a row, or do I have to choose a new episode everytime one ends?  It is my daughter's shows and she watches them in bed.  After 30 minutes the one is over and I don't want it to shut off.  I came from FIOS where there was the option to "play all" starting at the first.

There is no "play all" or playlisting option with DVR recordings (or On Demand), but this is a great suggestion. I will share this with our DVR product manager.

Official Employee
ComcastKaraT

FlipFlopDrew wrote:

UPDATE:

FlipFlopDrew - If the issue persists, our CARE agents can check your levels/signals of your boxes. If they determine an issue, they may need to send a technician out to resolve. Feel free to call the X1 dedicated hotline at 1-877-896-8678.

Contributor
pmcx

Recording Shows in HD

I am new to the X1, as of 6/21, and have some questions on recording shows.

I have had Direct TV for 10 years and have to say their menu and system is a lot more refined then the Comcast menu. 

So here is my problem.  It is happening on any channels that have SD and HD broadcasts.

I go to 805 (and other 8xx channels) to record shows on my local channels.

I set So you Think You Can Dance to record as a series.  New episodes only.  This Channel / Any Time.

I look at the DVR manager and my list of recorded shows.  So You… Shows up twice.  It is recording on the SD and HD channel.  The only way I can find the HD version is to look at the recording and find the one that says WDAFD version vs WDAF.

Monday Night: I went to the CBS HD channel and set Under the Dome to record at 9-10 – This Channel / Any time.  It recorded, but only recorded the SD version.

I was playing around with the record options and show information.

I found Arrow on the CWE had an option to record in HD if possible.  I cant find this option on any other channel.

I can also scroll through the Guide and look for shows I set to record and I see a red dot (indicating they are set to record ) on the SD and HD channel.  If I remove the SD recording it removes the HD recording.

I contacted support, what a joke, about this issue.  I was told that it will show up twice in the Upcoming Schedule and on the Available DVR shows because it was in HD and took up more room.

****How do I get a series to a show to record in HD only?****

Official Employee

Re: Recording Shows in HD

Go into settings
To preferences
To general
Turn auto tune to hd channels on
This will make it so the guide will only show HD channels
Regular Contributor
acheck981

I think Comcast has it out for Fox. My recording issues are continuing to happen on this channel. Both Masterchef and Heck's Kitchen (the forum doesn't like h-e double hockey sticks) do not record. I have rebooted my box, I have some booster thing installed in my apt.....I just to get what I pay for, give me credit for the pain and suffering or allow me to terminate my contract without penalty.
Contributor
pmcx

I did that - It still recored items in SD and HD.

They show up on scheduled recrodings and in my available dvr shows to watch

Contributor
pmcx

Also...

Go into settings
To preferences
To general
Turn auto tune to hd channels on
This will make it so the guide will only show HD channels

The guide will still show SD channels - its just when you go to the SD channel it says - hey you have this in HD and switches to it.

If you select record a show on the SD channel  - it seems to record it in SD only.

If you go to the HD channel and select record it records it in HD (sometimes) and SD.

I see the red dot on the episode in the SD and HD channel

Official Employee

Your guide shouldn't show the sd channels but you can punch in the sd channel and it will do what you said, I would clear out your scheduled recordings and set it up new after you've changed the preferences
New Visitor
CKozanecki

I just had my X1 System installed on 6/24 in Chicago area.  I am finding that shows set to record New and Repeats are often not recording anything.  I have to cancel the series and re-create the request numerous times, then manually set it to record some of the shows that it still doesn't pick up.  Any solution to this issue yet?

Bronze Star Contributor
ebow

andrew.lindsay wrote:
Your guide shouldn't show the sd channels but you can punch in the sd channel and it will do what you said, I would clear out your scheduled recordings and set it up new after you've changed the preferences

This does not match my experience at all. Setting the HD auto-tune has no effect on wha tthe guide shows--it shows all channels unless I filter to HD Only. If I try to view an SD channel that has and HD version available, it automatically switches me. 

And none of that has any impact on the DVR sometimes recording SD+HD when set to record HD only. 

New Visitor

Re: X1 Box Issues - Anyone Else?

I have had the new X1 Box for over a month now and I have to say that ......... it just sucks !!     If this was meant to be the new, improved cable box, then go back to the drawing board.   I have many problems with this box compared to the older Comcast/Xfinity box formats.

1.  As was previously stated by another post, changing channels is an effort.   You can enter 3 numbers very quickly, then watch as they slowly start to appear on the TV.   I did notice that if you just enter them and hit OK, even if they haven't shown up yet, they will catch up and take you to the channel you choose.    But this slowness is not an improvement over the old boxes, it is worse.

2.  The "last" button that shows you the last nine channels viewed.......    Who cares what we watched 7 channels prior ??   I really miss just being able to hit last and quickly go to the last channel viewed.   I don't know who decided that the last "nine channels" was a good idea, but they should be fired.   Doesn't Xfinity use focus groups before rolling this stuff out?

3.   The "On Demand" is horrible.   I understand you are trying to be more like Netflix, but you are not Netflix, and this new format is "for the birds".    Very confusing.   There have been many times that I just wish to go to "True Blood" for instance, and I need to go through so many menus first, all of which are slow.    

4.  Finally, I miss the clock on the display.   Sounds like a small thing, but that was the one clock that I ALWAYS  knew was correct.     Wish you could bring this back.  

I took a few weeks before commenting on all these items, because like anything new, I thought I just needed time to get used to these changes.    But if this X1 box was meant to be an improvement over the old format ........... it is anything but an improvement.    I cannot find one thing about this new X1 box that i like.       

Regular Problem Solver
C_DM

Re: X1 Box Issues - Anyone Else?

David100 wrote:

I have had the new X1 Box for over a month now and I have to say that ......... it just sucks !!     If this was meant to be the new, improved cable box, then go back to the drawing board.   I have many problems with this box compared to the older Comcast/Xfinity box formats.

1.  As was previously stated by another post, changing channels is an effort.   You can enter 3 numbers very quickly, then watch as they slowly start to appear on the TV.   I did notice that if you just enter them and hit OK, even if they haven't shown up yet, they will catch up and take you to the channel you choose.    But this slowness is not an improvement over the old boxes, it is worse.

2.  The "last" button that shows you the last nine channels viewed.......    Who cares what we watched 7 channels prior ??   I really miss just being able to hit last and quickly go to the last channel viewed.   I don't know who decided that the last "nine channels" was a good idea, but they should be fired.   Doesn't Xfinity use focus groups before rolling this stuff out?

3.   The "On Demand" is horrible.   I understand you are trying to be more like Netflix, but you are not Netflix, and this new format is "for the birds".    Very confusing.   There have been many times that I just wish to go to "True Blood" for instance, and I need to go through so many menus first, all of which are slow.    

4.  Finally, I miss the clock on the display.   Sounds like a small thing, but that was the one clock that I ALWAYS  knew was correct.     Wish you could bring this back.  

I took a few weeks before commenting on all these items, because like anything new, I thought I just needed time to get used to these changes.    But if this X1 box was meant to be an improvement over the old format ........... it is anything but an improvement.    I cannot find one thing about this new X1 box that i like.       

The last button functionality actually did come from a lot of user research where people wanted to be able to go back to more than just one simple last thing.  So there you have it, sometimes what the majority wants or finds useful or at least cool might not be what everyone wants--in this case the very focus groups you mentioned actually were at least partially if not mostly responsible for getting this feature in.

That said, you should be able to quickly change to the last thing by pressing the last button and OK right away as that will simply go to the very last thing.  Sure it's 2 buttons vs. 1, but that's not really that much more of a hassle when you can do it fairly quickly.

On Demand is another thing that also came about from what user studies showed people weanted.  The want a lot of visual stuff, which kinds of cuts down on some quick usablity items unforatuntely.

One thing you can do, is simply search for what you are looking for, by even just typing in a few first letters of the show/movie--you will quickly get a live list of results that you can scroll and select what you want and that will get you to the info page where you can see what VOD episodes are available and play them quickly from there.

As for the clock, the X1 DVR boxes definitely have a clock, but I guess the non-DVR boxes do not, which is somewhat unfortunate (but I guess it's a result of the hardware design of those boxes to keep them smaller, etc.).

New Visitor
jnynmbs52

We are having trouble with shows not recording.

On Monday it completely skipped Under the Dome.

Last night Rizzoli & Isles was skipped.

What is causing it so not record shows/

Official Employee
ComcastKaraT

XFINTIY® TV on the X1 Platform FAQ’s

XFINTIY® TV on the X1 Platform FAQ’s

X1 DVR with AnyRoom Functionality

Frequently asked question

Answer

Does the X-1 platform from XFINITY support AnyRoom DVR?

X1 DVR (with AnyRoom functionality) is a new service on the X1 Platform from XFINITY that allows a customer to watch recorded shows from any X1 Platform set-top box in the house, not just from the primary DVR (XG1 device). This feature extends the DVR functionality to non-DVR set-top boxes within the home

• XG1 (Primary DVR)– DVR set-top box on the home network (server)
  • RNG150N (Companion Boxes) – Non-DVR set-top boxes on the home network (client)
    • Full DVR functionality with the exception of controlling live TV: pause, rewind, jump to live, instant replay, etc.

Can I schedule recordings from a Companion box?

Yes, the companion boxes have the same functionality as the primary DVR for scheduling recordings.

Can I manage my DVR from a Companion box?

Yes, the companion boxes have the same functionality as the primary DVR to manage scheduled recordings, change recording settings and priorities, delete schedule recordings, etc.

Can I pause and rewind live TV on a Companion box?

No, only the DVR has the ability to control live TV at this time. You can still watch TV on your companion box at any time.

Can I play back the same recording on more than one TV at the same time?

Yes, you can playback up to 4 programs at the same time.  They could be four different programs or the same program on 4 different TVs.

Why do some of my recordings have a yellow circle with an exclamation point next to them?

The yellow icon indicates that we cannot find the recording on the home network.  This may be because the primary DVR doesn’t have power.  Check your power connection on your XG1 DVR STB and try to access the recordings again.

Recordings that were on a DVR that is no longer in your home will be maintained for a period of time.  They will be cleaned up over time but you can also delete them to remove them from your recordings list.

How do I get X1 DVR with AnyRoom functionality?

If you are currently an X1 platform customer, just call XFINITY at 1-800-COMCAST to add the service to your account.

Can I start a program in one room and finish it in another?

Yes, X1 DVR (with AnyRoom functionality) will save a single resume point for a recording that you can access from any DVR or companion box

Do I need new equipment?

If you are currently an X1 platform customer, no.  The equipment in your home already supports this functionality

Multiple DVR Support

Can I have more than one DVR with AnyRoom DVR?

Yes, the recordings list will show a consolidated list of recording from all of the DVRs.

Which DVR will a program record on when I schedule it from a companion box?

When the companion box is first installed, you can choose which DVR you would like to schedule recordings to. 

Can I change the DVR that my companion box schedules recording on?

You can change the default DVR at anytime in the settings menu

New Visitor
kikoster

When will this X1 or any new DVR's be available in Sprinfield, MA?

Contributor
Judgegerard

Re: XFINTIY® TV on the X1 Platform FAQ’s

When will it be available here in Hazel Park Michigan.

Regular Problem Solver
C_DM

kikoster wrote:

When will this X1 or any new DVR's be available in Sprinfield, MA?

Judgegerard wrote:

When will it be available here in Hazel Park Michigan.

Questions like these have been answered a number of times before in this thread: http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-and-Equipment/X1-DVR/m-p/1692101#M74471

Bronze Star Contributor

[ Edited ]

KaraT,

Thanks for this info...but...

Why does Customer Service and Billing have no idea that this is supposed to work?  Even the X1 number 877-896-8678 does not know this - they tell me it cannot be done.  What do I need to do to get to someone who can actually help with this product?  I have two X1 DVRs and would like to enable this feature.

And for clarification, does the consolidated list show up on both X1 DVRs or is at least one companion box required for AnyRoom DVR?  Thanks.

Can I have more than one DVR with AnyRoom DVR?

Yes, the recordings list will show a consolidated list of recording from all of the DVRs.

Regular Visitor

I have tried numerous times to get the anyroom service and all I get is transferred from person to person and getting nowhere.  Advised that they have to change out my x1 boxes to new ones that I just received two weeks ago for a fee.  Had a cable box sent to me in the mail I have no idea why, now have to make a special trip to the comcast office to return.  I'm not sure where to go from here.

New Visitor

Yeah I still can't find the answer for Springfield, MA when will it be available for this particular market?
Contributor
FlipFlopDrew

Persists? 16 days and it has happened everyday...that seems pretty persistent. If they CAN check them, then why is this never offered? We have had technicians at the house and our levels are fine. We have had technicians send a reboot and we wait 3 hours. I have documented numerous time how this issue occurs only during Prime Time. Although I do appreciate your suggestions, Kara, they do not address the problem that from 5-10 pm the signal strength must drop off outside at the COMCAST box and this affects the strenth in my house from 5-10. If you are indeed an Official Employee, then you must have access to my 2 weeks of issues...so instead of sending this basic company line, could you try and escalate this and get it fixed?

Contributor
FlipFlopDrew

Thanks for your input Samm. And you may be correct that the X1 system is not meant to have multiple X1 DVRs...but, I'm not using any DVR functionality...just TV (and you'd think they would have tested this). And everynight between 5-10 the boxes simply stop working (can't change channel, no services, etc.). Then between 9:55-10:05, they start functioning again. I wish it were this simple, as although I would not be happy to not have a "his" and "hers" box for recording, I'd give up the second DVR if I could watch TV in the hours that I am home and awake.

Official Employee

I'm 99% sure that last faq isn't right
Frequent Visitor
Andyc88

I have had the X1 Dvr for a couple of weeks now and all of a sudden it is not recording everything that is programed. I though it could record 4 programs at once. I have power cycled the box with no luck.

Any suggestions. 

Thanks 

Andrew

Bronze Star Contributor
ebow

Anon1606631 wrote:
Yeah I still can't find the answer for Springfield, MA when will it be available for this particular market?

"Medziatkowicz - Unfortunatley, I do not have any information regarding X1 deployment. For more information, please contact 1-800-COMCAST to see if the X1 Platform is available in your area. Thanks!"

"Hi Staudie2 - Unfortunately, I do not have the exact zip codes where the X1 platform is available in the Bay area. Please contact 1-800-COMCAST or visit comcast.com/x1 for more information. "

etc. 

Contributor
pmcx

AnyRoom Setup / Install

I got my X1 install on 6/21.  I was told the AnyRoom DVR was ready for my area (Kansas City).

The AnyRoom service isn’t working.

I have tried to go through customer service and support.  The hold times are terrible and being transferred multiple times to people that cant help you is very frustrating.

This is what customer service told me about the AnyRoom Service:

It isn’t available in your area.

It is available in your area but wasn’t installed correctly.  (Don’t even get me started on the 6 hours it took them to install my equipment.  They left trash, left wall plates of the wall, and tore into equipment they shouldn’t have)

I was then told, by customer service, to get the whole room dvr service activated I needed to have a service call and there will be a charge for this.

What do I need to do to get the whole house dvr working and the anyplay working on my account?

Is it a software update or do they have to come back out to my house?

Contributor
pmcx

I am still having problems with my DVR recordings.

1.  I cancelled all of my recordings and started over for Wednesday night.

1.  I filtered to HD channels only and verified HD Auto Tune was on.

1. I went to the HD versions of the channels I wanted to record and selected the shows and options I wanted. 

1. I then saw the RED RECORDING DOT on the HD and SD channels next to the show name. 

1. At the end of the evening it recorded 2 version of the show.  It DID this for Arrow and Criminal Minds

How do I get this DVR to record the HD only version of this show?

I swear I am so close to going back to direct TV. 

This, so far, is an inferior system and the customer service doesn’t seem to know how to support the X1

Bronze Star Contributor

[ Edited ]

That's not true.  We've had two X1 DVRs since February and, bugs and glitches notwithstanding, they generally work and do not conflict with each other at all.  I'm sure I'm not the only one with multiple working X1 DVRs.

The glitches you are seeing are likely a problem with CATV or Internet; we occasionally get intermittent Internet service interruptions - about once a year - and it often takes a month for it to get fixed trying to convince Comcast that it is not our router or modem or computer - and then they finally fix it.  The interruptions often manifest as you describe - they tend to be worse at certain times of day.

Since this new version of DVR apparently uses much more Internet technology than CATV, now whenever we lose Internet, we lose the X1 DVRs, as well as the Comcast Voice.

Good luck with getting it fixed - at least they won't make you go through rebooting your PC, your router, you modem, and all that useless nonsense.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FlipFlopDrew wrote:

Thanks for your input Samm. And you may be correct that the X1 system is not meant to have multiple X1 DVRs...but, I'm not using any DVR functionality...just TV (and you'd think they would have tested this). And everynight between 5-10 the boxes simply stop working (can't change channel, no services, etc.). Then between 9:55-10:05, they start functioning again. I wish it were this simple, as although I would not be happy to not have a "his" and "hers" box for recording, I'd give up the second DVR if I could watch TV in the hours that I am home and awake.

Bronze Star Contributor

andrew.lindsay wrote:
I'm 99% sure that last faq isn't right

:smileyhappy: - spending 99% of effort verfying 1% of the information...:smileyplain:

Bronze Star Contributor

[ Edited ]

sheps001 wrote:

I  have two X1 boxes that are in conflict because each is the any room function enabled. Can this function be disabled and if so how. IE can they be made a stand alone DVR. 

Thanks

We have two X1 boxes and there is no conflict.  But we don't have AnyRoom enabled.  The FAQ above indicates it should work.  You, as anecdotal evidence, support the position that the FAQ is wrong.

If only there was some actual documentation, rather than marketing babble, about the features and operations of the X1 boxes.

The old Moto boxes may have been outdated and old-fashioned looking, with a 1990's interface, but as a DVR, they were much more reliable.

For those thinking of switching, after 4 months of X1, I have decided that if the primary goal is to record shows and watch the recordings when time permits, the old Moto boxes are better at this task.  They do not depend on the Internet and they can play back recordings regardless of system outages - in short, the DVR functionality was more robust.

Maybe we get lucky and the side effect of all this is that Comcast will have to make the Internet service more reliable - not holding my breath for that.

Regular Contributor
mmaslar

X1 - DVR eSATA expansion

Has there been any word on if or when the eSATA port will be available to add more storage to the DVR?  I haven't seen anything on this yet, and as of now, it doesn't seem to be working.