Official Employee
ComcastKaraT
Accepted Solution

X1 Forum

[ Edited ]

For all X1 related questions, comments or issues!

For any urgent X1 issues, you can contact 1-877-896-8678. 

X1 Availability: Unfortunately, I do not have any information regarding X1 deployment. To determine if you are eligible, I suggest you call 1-800-XFINITY to verify if/when X1 will be available in your area.  

Relevant X1 Materials (as of February 2013):

• X1 User Guide: (Attached)
Bronze Star Contributor
ebow

Instructions for the XR2 remote

Dear Comcast, 

Your instructions for the XR2 remote (found here: http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/xr2-xfinity-tv-remote/#Programming_Remote) are incomplete. 

The instructions state that there are two versions of the remote: R1 and R2. Well the back of my remote says that it is version "P2". I assume that the "R2" material covers my remote, but that's not clear. You should include coverage of the P2 remote in these instructions. 

The instructions have a section for "Pairing your XR2 Remote with your device for RF (Out-of-Sight) control". OK, what if I do that and decide that I want to go back to using infrared, so that clicks I make accidentally while pointing the remote somewhere else don't transmit instructions? I can't find anything about changing back to IR or unpairing. 

Finally, in the Troubleshooting section is a set of steps for the situation where "Set-top box ... won't turn on when the All Power button is pressed on the XR2 Remote." Great, I'm having this problem--can these steps help? Nope. 

1. Check the battery power of your XR2 Remote by following these steps. Is the battery power good or better?
    • Yes - Next step
    • No - Change batteries
  2. If your set-top box or HD DTA is stored in a closet or in another room, have you properly paired the XR2 Remote with your set-top box or HD DTA?
  3. If your remote has not been paired for RF, is there anything blocking the path between the remote and the set-top box or HD DTA?
    • Yes - Clear anything blocking the path between the remote and set-top box or HD DTA.
    • No - Next step (again, this is really N/A)
  4. Does the set-top box or HD DTA have power?
    • Yes - Next step
    • No - Make sure the power cable of the set-top box or HD DTA is properly connected to the device and plugged into an active electrical outlet.
  5. Press the power button on the front of the set-top box or HD DTA. Does this turn on the device?

But, but... what if the answer to number 5 is yes?? Pressing the power button on the front the box does turn on the device. And the remote still doesn't control the box's power. So... ???????

Please improve this documentation. If something is not possible, say so. If your troubleshooting steps have yes/no possibilities, cover BOTH possibilities. 

Contributor
yofishy

Re: Instructions for the XR2 remote

I ran into the same issue today.  I can't find any instructions on unpairing the remote, not only for infared but just to unpair and try the remote on another box for basic troubleshooting.  Found the same thing funny when I got to step 4 and my answer was yes but step 5 was to hit the power button to power on??

Did you ever get any luck with unpairing?

Contributor
yofishy

Nevermind....found it, figured I'd share -

To unpair the XR2 remote you have to hold the setup button until the "All Power" button changes from red to green.  Then enter 9-8-7.  To pair the remote with the XG1 you hold setup until "All Power" goes from red to green and then press the Xfinity button up to five times.  The remote pairing screen should appear.  If it doesn't then the cable box doesn't support pairing.

The moment I unpair my remote, I'm able to use all features, as well as powering the cable box on/off.  As soon as I pair it again, I'm not able to power the cable box on/off, but everything else works fine.

Official Employee
ComcastKaraT

ebow - Thank you for your post. We appreciate your feedback on the remote documentation and will share it with our product management team.

Instructions to remove pairing are posted here in the section titled "remove remote control pairing": http://media2.comcast.net/anon.comcastonline2/support/help/faqs/remotes/XR2_RemoteControl_rev_122911...

Re: Issue about turning on STB with remote - This is a known issue and we hope to have this resolved in the near future. Thank you for your patience. 
Visitor
OldBadDad

Re: X1 Forum

Hello, just something for the suggestion list: When you back up the buffer to the previous show, the description only shows the current show description. I would be nice to show the description for the show you're actually watching.

Thanks.

Recognized Contributor
PSUMattDE

X1 DVR - Selecting 1080i Turns Screen Orange

[ Edited ]

I just had my X1 DVR hooked up yesterday. However, we can only have it set at 720p resolution.

Any time I change it to 1080i, the entire screen turns orange and all the video is distorted.

We then have to change it back to 720p, and reboot the entire DVR to make it watchable again.

This is on a 1080i capable plasma, as we had our previous boxes set to 1080i. (Same when we had FIOS)

Has anyone else witnessed this issue? I really don't want to watch all of my HD in 720p.

X1 DVR --> HDMI --> Pioneer Receiver --> TV

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Re: X1 DVR - Selecting 1080i Turns Screen Orange

take the hdmi out of the receiver and go direct to the tv and see if that gets rid of the issue.    just because you had the old box on 1080i does not mean it was all sending 1080i the box is passing on the native resolution from the network.

Bronze Star Contributor
ebow

ComcastKaraT wrote:

ebow - Thank you for your post. We appreciate your feedback on the remote documentation and will share it with our product management team.

Instructions to remove pairing are posted here in the section titled "remove remote control pairing": http://media2.comcast.net/anon.comcastonline2/support/help/faqs/remotes/XR2_RemoteControl_rev_122911...

Re: Issue about turning on STB with remote - This is a known issue and we hope to have this resolved in the near future. Thank you for your patience. 

Thanks for the link to the PDF file. Is that link posted anywhere on the website that I could have discovered? I would have expected a link to it on the XR2 Remote webpage. I didn't get anything like this when my service was set up. 

Good to hear that the STB power thing is a known issue being worked on. It's frustrating when you think it's just your own hardware having the problem. 

Bronze Star Contributor
ebow

ComcastKaraT wrote:

For all X1 related questions, comments or issues!

Are you saying there will be a forum set up, as a sub-folder of the "Service and Equipment" forum? Or that this thread is the forum? 

Bronze Star Contributor
gate1975mlm

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I had 3 X1 DVR boxes installed last Friday January. 25,2013 and so far I like it a lot better then my older DVR it replaced.

However there are a few features that I really wish it would have!

1. Why is there no Red light on the front of the box when you are recording a show?

2. When setting a recording I am very sad to see the option to start a recording "15 minutes" Early and end 1 hour Later are missing! I used these extra recording times with my old DVR all the time and really hope these recording options will return in the X1. 

3. When scrolling though the on screen guide why does it not start over from the begining like the older guide does? Instead you have to scroll all the way back again to get to the first channels on the guide. Of course as a work around you can just enter 01 to get to the begining of the list.

4. When viewing the on screen guide say 2 or 3 days or more in the future and you do a "quick search" and type in the letters for the channel name why does it go back to the "current day" instead of staying in the 2 or 3 days in the future view when switching to the channel on the in guide view?

5. I also would like to see options for how long you would like the "time overlay" to be shown when you change a channel.

6. Maybe options to change the color of the backround interface? Like Blue perhaps.

7.  Also while not bad I do hope to see performance on the X1 interface improved some what. Like Less "sluggish" for example. Or having the channel logos and tv show posters appear faster wouldbe great!

8. A bigger hard drive would be great also like 2TB for example :smileyhappy:

9. And why are all 6 tuners not enabled? I hope Comcast will enable at least 1 more tuner in the near future so we can record 3 things at the same time and watch another :smileyhappy:

Other then these issues I am really enjoying the new X1 over my old out dated DVR box! The X1 is so much more sharp and modern looking then the older one. And I also had a nice surprise with the X1 Box. I have discovered that the sound dooes not drop out anymore when changing channels or fast forwarding and rewinding when you are using a audio Receiver :smileyhappy:

Well I posted this in the hope that Comcast really does improve the X1 box in the near future!

Thanks

Bronze Star Contributor
gate1975mlm

[ Edited ]

How big is the hard drive in the PACE PX001ANM X1 box?

Official Employee
ComcastKaraT

Thanks OldBadDad for your comment. That is how the transport is intended to work. When you rewind the buffer to the previous show, do you still see the most recent show title? This might be a bug.

Please keep us posted on what your experience. 

Official Employee
ComcastKaraT

ebow - I am working with the team that manages the online content to ensure this information is easily available for all customers!

Official Employee
ComcastKaraT

Ebow - for now, we are still organizing the X1 threads. For now, I will be monitoring this thread and responding back to customers re: X1 queries, comments, etc. 

Official Employee
ComcastKaraT

Glad to hear you are enjoying your X1 boxes, gate1975mlm!

I shared your suggestions/feedback with the product management team. 

A few specific comments:

- Re: red light when recording - this is a known bug and we trying to resolve the issue asap!

- Re: 6 tunes - Our Product Management & Development organization is aware of the need to increase the number of tuners available for recording and viewing, but I do not have any updates on when that might be available. I will let them know about your comment here as well.

New Visitor
rkoucout

x1 platform in indianapolis?

I was just curious if there is any information on if/when x1 (for motorola boxes) will be available in the indianapolis market? I just activated my new comcast services today and recieved a brand new motorola dvr but have been disapointed with the very out-dated guide.

New Visitor
psuguru

Besides my X1 DVR which is RF capable for the rmeote, the HD set top boxes I have PR150BNM are not (at least they won't pair and the remotes flash with a weird sequence).  Is there another otpion for an HD settop box that has an RF compatible remote.  I have some that are in cabinets and no remote IR sensors are provided. (I'd prefer Rf anyway)

New Visitor
erikvaish3

Favorites on X1

Just got the X1 box.  My kids and I have very different interests on what to watch.  The old box allowed for several "favorites" lists.  I figured out how to make a "favorites" list on the X1 box but am not sure if it supports multiple lists.  Anyone know if it does or will in the future?

Bronze Star Contributor
gate1975mlm

Re: Favorites on X1

[ Edited ]

Help!

All of a sudden when I click on a DVR recording it takes like 10 seconds or more to display the info and watch button on  1 of my X1 boxes. The other 2 seem fine currently.

I pulled the power cord out for about 2 minutes but that didnot fix it.

How can I fix this? :smileysad:

Bronze Star Contributor
sammsterling

i am so glad i got a tivo (found out about it in these here forums!).  i have been a long time comcast customer who got sick of being at 90+% dvr capacity all the time.  i am glad comcast is working on a new dvr, but again i see they are rolling out insufficient products.  i hate to criticize, but i sincerely hope in 3 or 4 years when my tivo is obsolete (and i have a Premier Elite with 4 tuners and 300 hrs of HD, quite sufficient) there will be a decent dvr from comcast so i do not have to spend another $500 plus $15 a month extra to enjoy a decent dvr.  and the X1 box is capable of 6 tuners but only has 2 or 3 enabled?  oh comcast, you are really something......managing a huge cable industry, a major tv network and who knows what else.  please get with it.  Florida Broward county-motorola based here.  KaraT, you may be deleting this message, but please forward this comment to whomever higher ups you know to show them to what lengths people will go to get a decent dvr.  thank you.

Bronze Star Contributor
gate1975mlm

[ Edited ]

More problems!!! :smileysad:

These X1 boxes are so buggy can just can not believe it!

I have had it since Friday and now I am seeing way to many issues!

1.Series Recording is not working.

2. When I am watching a show and I hit the record buton it takes like 6+ minutes to show up in the recorded list.

3. All of a sudden I can not fast forward on any of my recordings.

4. Also when I set recordings a lot of them are not being recorded and I am missing my shows :smileysad:

If these issues can not be fixed soon I will have no choice but to goback to the older dvr's with the uglly interface :smileysad:

I have a Comcast tech comibg out to the house tomorrow but I don't think they will be able to fix these issues.

This is really a big disappointment so far with the X1 :smileysad:

New Visitor
mlberman

Over the past few weeks, every Tuesday when I get home from work, I've had to reboot my X1 box in order to get it to turn on. Is this something that happens to other customers too, or do I have a faulty box?

Bronze Star Contributor
sammsterling

is this X1 box cisco/sa or motorola or something else?  i really feel for you people, BUT knowing new technologies (comcast is not any better than tivo, their quality assurance dept s*cks too, but you would think that problems like these would be corrected) i definitely would not have given up my old dvr before i knew how messed up the X1 was.  some of these problems might be firmware related and when you get another box it might have a better level of firmware, but i am just guessing, but also that was true of older dvr's in the old days (meaning 2-4 years ago).  i will be waiting to see the post after comcast comes and also to see what the moderator of this forum has to say about all these problems.   i would not be putting up with it.  in my area they do not even have the newer guide let alone X1.  maybe cause we are motorola based.  i have had many different dvr's, but the best was Dish.  too bad its not a good idea in florida during the rainy season (live in a condo anyway and stuck with comcast since basic cable is in my maint, but they do have the best internet and their uptime in this area is almost excellent).  now dish has 6 tuners.  i live alone so the 4 i got in my tivo is sufficient and amazingly there ARE times all 4 lights are on (yes, tivo has a light for each tuner, very nice...wish their software was perfected....LOL).  but the tivo is an expensive proposition and i have had it since 05/2012.  stunning video processor and sound processor.  at least compared to my old DCT3425.  so i wish you all luck with your boxes and i will be monitoring these posts.  

New Visitor
Kenmquick

Re: X1 Forum versus Tivo

I have Tivo for years and it is great.  I hear about the X1 Service and it looks very good.  Is there a way to find any ETA on the new X1 devices for the Connecticut Market.  It would be nice to have a more tightly integrated DVR with Comcast. Even if the box cost a little more.  It would be worth it. 

I would like to see if there is going to be a ETA on the X1 before I get the Tivo Lifetime which has always been worth it since the devices have lasted a long time.

Please let me know if anyone has any news on this X1 service.

Recognized Contributor
MikeWolf

@sammsterling, I think the X1 boxes are Pace. The Xcaliber interface may roll out to the high end Cisco/SA and Motorola boxes at some point once the bugs are worked out

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Look at this article.  I think the spectrum dvr with excalibur software is actually the x1, those were working names back then,  in the link you see what is now the x1 guide which looks the same as excalibur. 

http://www.engadget.com/2011/05/20/comcasts-next-generation-xfinity-spectrum-dvr-shows-off-quad-tu/

New Visitor
PhillyRobert

Dolby Digital - Design Flaw?

I just received my x1 box and spent two days on the phone with Comcast support.

the x1 box does not support 5.1 audio through the HDMI connection. 

My new x1 box was connected just the same as the last box. The cable HDMI was sent to my Denon AVR receiver and from there, to the tv through another HDMI. This setup delivered 5.1 before but, with the xI, I only received 2.0 stereo.

I checked that the cable setup was set to surround. I check all my receiver options. Still no 5.1. No help from the special x1 phone support. Still waiting for the secret level 2 tech to call back.

Fortunately I got a call from the supervisor of the local fields service guys. They said my signal was too strong and they needed to return to install a line buffer. I explained my other problem and he came out with a technician.  After verifying all connections an settings they were unable to get Dolby digital Finally we connected the x1 box audio to the receiver using to

the optical/Toslink connector and it worked.

they said that apparently 5.1 audio is not supported on HDMI! Really? Wow!

Luckily I now have 5.1 on Comcast but I lost my digital optical connectiwit for my older CD player.

i hope that this can be fixed on the next firmware update.

Recognized Contributor
MikeWolf
Official Employee
ComcastKaraT

erikvaish3 wrote:

Just got the X1 box.  My kids and I have very different interests on what to watch.  The old box allowed for several "favorites" lists.  I figured out how to make a "favorites" list on the X1 box but am not sure if it supports multiple lists.  Anyone know if it does or will in the future?

erikvaish3 - thanks for your question! currently, X1 does not support multiple favorite lists. I have shared your feedback with the product management team for future consideration. 

Official Employee
ComcastKaraT

gate1975mlm wrote:

Help!

All of a sudden when I click on a DVR recording it takes like 10 seconds or more to display the info and watch button on  1 of my X1 boxes. The other 2 seem fine currently.

I pulled the power cord out for about 2 minutes but that didnot fix it.

How can I fix this? :smileysad:

Sorry to hear you are having issues, gate1975. We experienced some sluggish the past day. Are you still encountering the issue on the one X1 box? If so, I will escalate to our production support team to take a closer look. 

Official Employee
ComcastKaraT

sammsterling wrote:

i am so glad i got a tivo (found out about it in these here forums!).  i have been a long time comcast customer who got sick of being at 90+% dvr capacity all the time.  i am glad comcast is working on a new dvr, but again i see they are rolling out insufficient products.  i hate to criticize, but i sincerely hope in 3 or 4 years when my tivo is obsolete (and i have a Premier Elite with 4 tuners and 300 hrs of HD, quite sufficient) there will be a decent dvr from comcast so i do not have to spend another $500 plus $15 a month extra to enjoy a decent dvr.  and the X1 box is capable of 6 tuners but only has 2 or 3 enabled?  oh comcast, you are really something......managing a huge cable industry, a major tv network and who knows what else.  please get with it.  Florida Broward county-motorola based here.  KaraT, you may be deleting this message, but please forward this comment to whomever higher ups you know to show them to what lengths people will go to get a decent dvr.  thank you.

I will certainly share your feedback re: tuners to the product team. Thanks for your comment, sammsterling

Official Employee
ComcastKaraT

mlberman wrote:

Over the past few weeks, every Tuesday when I get home from work, I've had to reboot my X1 box in order to get it to turn on. Is this something that happens to other customers too, or do I have a faulty box?

Hi mlberman - Sorry to hear you're having an issue with your stb. When you turn your TV (on tuesdays) - what exact issue are you having? Do you see a black screen? 

Official Employee
ComcastKaraT

Re: Dolby Digital - Design Flaw?

PhillyRobert wrote:

I just received my x1 box and spent two days on the phone with Comcast support.

the x1 box does not support 5.1 audio through the HDMI connection. 

My new x1 box was connected just the same as the last box. The cable HDMI was sent to my Denon AVR receiver and from there, to the tv through another HDMI. This setup delivered 5.1 before but, with the xI, I only received 2.0 stereo.

I checked that the cable setup was set to surround. I check all my receiver options. Still no 5.1. No help from the special x1 phone support. Still waiting for the secret level 2 tech to call back.

Fortunately I got a call from the supervisor of the local fields service guys. They said my signal was too strong and they needed to return to install a line buffer. I explained my other problem and he came out with a technician.  After verifying all connections an settings they were unable to get Dolby digital Finally we connected the x1 box audio to the receiver using to

the optical/Toslink connector and it worked.

they said that apparently 5.1 audio is not supported on HDMI! Really? Wow!

Luckily I now have 5.1 on Comcast but I lost my digital optical connectiwit for my older CD player.

i hope that this can be fixed on the next firmware update.

PhillyRobert - Sorry to hear about your issues. One quick question - Did you change your audio mode to  "Surround" in the Settings menu? This may resolve your issue, as Dolby is supported on the X1 platform. 

In Settings -> Device Settings -> Audio, change the Audio Mode from Stereo to Surround.

New Visitor
The-Cable-Guy

Is there any way to program the XR2 remote to change the input of the TV? Without this feature I still have to use the TV/VCR button on the old Xfinity remote or use the remote that came with my TV set. It would be great if I could just keep one remote on my coffee table.

Other than that, the Xfinity X1 system is incredible. It's everything I thought the Apple iTV was going to be.

New Visitor
PhillyRobert

Yes I did ensure that it was in surround mode. ( 4th paragraph, 1 st sentence). The technician checked also. I know that Dolby is supported in the optical output/Toslink, but it does not seem to be by the HDMI.  As you know these optical connections are becoming rare and if a system has one, they that've only one. HDMI is the new standard and it does not work on the three boxes that the supervising technician tried.

Contributor
Hammer9274

ComcastKaraT, do you know if/when the x1 dvr box will make it to the Abindgon/Glade Springs VA area?  And is there going to be any beta testing done in the area. If there is beta testing, is there a way to become a beta tester? Thanks for your responce in advance.

Recognized Contributor
MikeWolf

Do you know when or if we'll be able to use the X2 remote on the Cisco RNG200N boxes?

Contributor
yofishy

I've only had my x1 box for a week (dvr anywhere still not available in my area, NJ) but compared to the last platform, the tv experience is 1000 times better.  Hopefully certain things get updated, like the remote allowing you to change tv inputs, and maybe another tuner for DVR, but the x1 guide, dvr, speed....is so much better than the old setup.

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

[ Edited ]

MikeWolf wrote:

What ever happened to the Barcelona guide? http://www.engadget.com/2011/11/22/comcast-shows-off-its-new-barcelona-hd-guide-upgrade/ 

And is X1 the Xcalibur guide? http://www.multichannel.com/content/cable-show-2011-comcasts-roberts-pulls-out-xcalibur-tv-gigabit-d...

Apologies for jumping into ComcastKaraT's thread....

On-Screen Guide 2.0 (also known internally as Barcelona) is deployed in customer homes in several areas (selected areas that use Cisco and Scientific-Atlanta cable boxes).

It was (and is) a way to introduce significant improvements and new features (including AnyRoom DVR) to our customers in selected Cisco footprints: Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, Mississippi, Tennessee, Louisiana and Minnesota. That way we started to deliver new features and products to multiple markets in several states in 2011 instead of waiting another full year (or longer). We also got some valuable learnings and feedback from customers and our operations regarding On-Screen Guide 2.0. We used those learning's and feedback for a lot of what the X1 Experience is.

Our Cisco areas historically have lagged behind our Motorola areas when it comes to new video products and features. On-Screen Guide 2.0 is a short term bridge as we work to get the X1 Experience (formerly known as Xcalibur) into more areas this year and into 2013.

On-Screen Guide 2.0 is not scheduled for any additional markets. We will continue to support and install this guide (with AnyRoom DVR subscriptions) in the areas where it is already available until the X1 Experience becomes available in these markets:

You may have noticed that a lot of the On-Screen Guide 2.0 features and design elements have made their way into the X1 Experience.

On-Screen Guide 2.0 http://www.xfinity.com/onscreenguide2

X1 Experience: On-Screen Guide 3.0 http://xfinity.comcast.net/x1/

The long term plan is to get our newest cable boxes (regardless of hardware manufacturer or geography) onto a common more advanced on-screen guide this year to provide a more consistent experience.

Recognized Contributor
MikeWolf

[ Edited ]

What model numbers would these "newst boxes" be ? The full list, this way customers will know if they have to swap out their current DVR's  for the supported models, or if they are "good to go" for when it rolls out :smileyhappy:

Visitor
thesalzereffect

Not sure how famous I am among the X1 techs yet, but I am the gentleman in New Hampshire who has apparently broken his X1 box like no one has ever broken their X1 box before.

What's happening is that on my DVR, when I delete something it disappears from the guide, but doesn't actually disappear from the hard drive. Meaning that my available space gets smaller and smaller as I record things and I am unable to free any space up.

Last night I reached the pinnacle, my DVR is both empty and full at the same time.

The reason the techs didn't swap out my box for a new one the other night is that supposedly a gentleman from the programming team (I believe his name is Eric but I'm not 100% sure on that) was supposed to go digging through my box and try and figure out the problem, but I haven't heard from him yet.

Finally, tell Emmalee in phone support that she is awesome and wonderful. Very courteous and polite on the phone, and very willing to try everything in her power that she could think of to fix the issue, even though sadly, none of it worked.

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

I am sure you unplugged it to reset it but just in case.    Thank you for breaking the box and testing it for the rest of us so when we get it, it will finally work :smileylaugh:

Contributor
RickAra

Can anyone provide guidance on why my "record" and "data" indicator lights arent functional on the X1 box?  I have latest firmware and all else is working fine.  Never know how much I relied on the little red "record" light on my old box until it was not working on the X1.  Any help from Comcast or a Forum User would be appreciated.

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

did you miss this above??  Guess they did a lot testing before releasing this ha.

A few specific comments:

- Re: red light when recording - this is a known bug and we trying to resolve the issue asap!

- Re: 6 tunes - Our Product Management & Development organization is aware of the need to increase the number of tuners available for recording and viewing, but I do not have any updates on when that might be available. I will let them know about your comment here as well.

Contributor
RickAra

Thanks for the quick reply.  Funny thing is that, after the tech left my house, he left me with a bad firmware load and the lights were on.  Once the firmware was reinsatalled, the box worked well but no lights!

Spoiler

Official Employee
ComcastKaraT

yofishy wrote:

I've only had my x1 box for a week (dvr anywhere still not available in my area, NJ) but compared to the last platform, the tv experience is 1000 times better.  Hopefully certain things get updated, like the remote allowing you to change tv inputs, and maybe another tuner for DVR, but the x1 guide, dvr, speed....is so much better than the old setup.

Glad to hear you are enjoying your X1 box, yofishy. The product management team is aware of the tv input/tuner feedback. thanks again!

Official Employee
ComcastKaraT

MikeWolf wrote:

Do you know when or if we'll be able to use the X2 remote on the Cisco RNG200N boxes?

thanks for your question, mikewolf. At this time, there are no plans to use the XR2 remote with the RNG200N boxes. 

Official Employee
ComcastKaraT

thesalzereffect wrote:

Not sure how famous I am among the X1 techs yet, but I am the gentleman in New Hampshire who has apparently broken his X1 box like no one has ever broken their X1 box before.

What's happening is that on my DVR, when I delete something it disappears from the guide, but doesn't actually disappear from the hard drive. Meaning that my available space gets smaller and smaller as I record things and I am unable to free any space up.

Last night I reached the pinnacle, my DVR is both empty and full at the same time.

The reason the techs didn't swap out my box for a new one the other night is that supposedly a gentleman from the programming team (I believe his name is Eric but I'm not 100% sure on that) was supposed to go digging through my box and try and figure out the problem, but I haven't heard from him yet.

Finally, tell Emmalee in phone support that she is awesome and wonderful. Very courteous and polite on the phone, and very willing to try everything in her power that she could think of to fix the issue, even though sadly, none of it worked.

thesalzereffect - thanks for your feedback. I will send you a PM to get more information in order to get this resolved ASAP. 

Official Employee
ComcastKaraT

The-Cable-Guy wrote:

Is there any way to program the XR2 remote to change the input of the TV? Without this feature I still have to use the TV/VCR button on the old Xfinity remote or use the remote that came with my TV set. It would be great if I could just keep one remote on my coffee table.

Other than that, the Xfinity X1 system is incredible. It's everything I thought the Apple iTV was going to be.

Hi, The-Cable-Guy, currently the input feature is not supported on our X2 remote. Our product management team is aware of this feedback and is looking at various ways to improve the current experience. Thanks for your comment and please keep us posted if you have any other comments.