New Visitor
bh80231

X1 cannot change channels

Most of the remote functions appear to work, but our brand new X1 platform will not change channels. This has happened numerous times in the two weeks we have had it, it hangs sometimes for hours, trapping you on a single channel. Rebooting, power cycling, nothing helps. Firmware says it is current. We have ~800 channels, just cannot get to any of them. Any ideas what we can do short of canceling and sending it all back?

Is this really your new state of the art platform? Seems pretty buggy.

New Visitor
Timttt

Re: X1 cannot change channels

I'm having the same problem on both the dvr and the stand alone box.  I wanted to watch the Giants game tonight but I couldn 't get it to switch to the channel.

I wonder if this is something new or if others have had this problem before.  I've rebooted twice and checked for an update but it says that its the newest version. 

New Visitor
Timttt

Well, it seems like everything is working again.  Hopefully it's working for everyone.

New Visitor
rfactor

I have the x2 remote and am having the same problem of not being able to change channels. Rebooted the main box and it started working. Went to another room and remote was not changing channels on the tv there. Turned the power on and off on that box - not the main box - and got error message xlc-109 and to contact Comcast. Main box and tv still work as does another room with it's own box and TV. Anyone else with this problem or not being able to change channels? Other functions work but can't change channel....very frustrating!
New Visitor
Seanmb2

My box will not change channels either?? I am having so many problems since upgrading to X1. Was this ever field tested or QA tested? I am seriously considering DirectTV after 15+ years with Comcast. They have been SO rude when I contact them!
New Visitor

This seems to be something recent. 

I also cannot change the channels like 200 which is the comcast sports net hd channel.

I even try to change to 37 (non hd) hoping it would change to 200.

It does say that it found the hd channel and that it is switching but nothing happens.

It also happens for a lot other channels.

This is really annoying.

New Visitor
mrdliberato

this x1 platform not working well wont tune some channels on 1 box and different channels on other boxes. tried calling but was told to call back later by the machine.....

Contributor
JavaWiz

Ditto here in CA.  SOA is coming on in a few and can't get to the channel.  Don't have alot of specific show's I like to watch, but it is pretty annoying when at $250/mo I can't watch the few that I like....

Sitting on help line for over 20 minutes so far, all's I've got so far is musac....

Contributor
JavaWiz

10:02 - working now, SOA is viewable tonight! 

New Visitor
bh80231

Forgot to mention this is in Denver, CO.

Another gripe on X1, sports!! On the old comcast box I could choose:

menu->sports->golf

or

menu->sports->soccer

or

menu->sports->hockey

etc.

But on X1 the only sports that exist in the App are Football and Baseball. I just want to see what sports are on. But then, I'd probably just get mad since I doubt that I can actually change the channel to watch it, but you know what I mean...

New Visitor
Seanmb2

This is occurring to me AGAIN?? Located in San Francisco area. Anyone else experiencing this again?
New Visitor
dogworld

Channels are working tonight, but most of my shows did not record tonight, this is really getting upsetting.