New Visitor

XFinity new channel guide

Is anyone having problems with seeing their channel guide change when going from HD channels to non HD channels? 

On HD channels the guide looks great, however, on non HD channels the guide is too spread out so we have the change the TV screen settings to see everything.  Then you go back to HD channels and the picture has changed, so you change the TV settings back to watch a little HD then you flick to a non HD setting and you can't read the guide, so you change the TV settings again. This is ridicules and very aggrevating....any help out there?

Silver Problem Solver
andyross

Re: XFinity new channel guide

What type of cable box do you have? It sounds like it's set to display SD in Stretch mode, which may conflict with your TV's settings, causing double-stretching?

For a Motorola box:

Turn it off, then hit MENU (you can do this any time it is off).

TV Type should be 16:9

HDMI/YPbPr output will probably be 1080i

4:3 Override should be 480i (my preference for SD). This way, your TV will upconvert to it's native format, and most TV's also have separate memories for HD vs SD, allowing you to configure them separately.  If this is set to Stretch or OFF, the box will do the upconvert, and your TV will never know the difference.

See: http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/How_to_use_a_Motorola_DVR/Setup

New Visitor
jkleid

not only the above, but I can't locate CBS and NBC. also why in heck, when i'm scrooling for stations, do i have to pass thru on-demand every 5th option?????something' messed up

Contributor
Jxtom

Don,t use the down arrow; use the Page down button and you can scroll page by page, or 4-5 channels at one time.

New Visitor
gtimlin

The thing I can't get used to is the ads on the bottom .  How do I turn them off?  It's the worrst idea Comcast has ever had. 

I really wish they would bring back the old guide.  The new one sucks.

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

welcome to the world of wow.  YOu cannot get rid of the ads.

New Visitor
orchid1928

I recently purchased a new HDTV and exchanged my old box for HD. This box is Xfinity. Although it is working fine, I do not have a manual to help me use the remote effectively. At first, I could toggle with the Zoom button to view pictures in several shapes and sizes. At the present it is locked into one mode, full screen and will not toggle. This is my immediate need for a manual or help, but would like a manual in either case. Thank you. Pat Millman

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Here is an overview and faq for the new guide, this might be slightly different than what you have based on the box you have but the majority should be the same.