New Visitor
norwood1

Xfinity Cable Box - What is the code for setting up this box on a universal remote

I need to set up the Xfinity Cable Box on a universal remote and I do not know the code

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Re: Xfinity Cable Box - What is the code for setting up this box on a universal remot

[ Edited ]

You will need to go to the Mfr of the universal remote to find the proper code and procedure if you don't have the original instructions.

If you have a Motorola set top box, look for codes for Jerrold / GI / Motorola for the right code.

If you post the brand and model of the universal remote, we might be able to help more, and post the model of Comcast supplied set top box or DVR.

New Visitor
Mojo36

Re: Xfinity Cable Box - What is the code for setting up this box on a universal remot

I have contacted the company of my remote and they have told me that I need to contact the company of the digital set top box to get the code for the remote.  So this is xfinity.  I have an Insignia NS-RC05A-11 remote and am trying to connect it to the xfinity DCl105com1 digital box.  If you could please help with a code that will allow me to use my remote with this box and not the xfinity remote as it cannot control my Blu-ray player, it would be greatly appriciated.  Thank you.

Eric

New Visitor
simool20

[ Edited ]

Just got the Cisco RNG 150 cable box and having some problems. trying to find codes for it to work with my Toshiba remote without any success...can anyone PLEASE help me?

New Visitor
janedix

Did you ever get an answer.  I found some recommended codes, but they are all five digits and the maximum input on my DVD menu is only four digits.

Visitor

The remote that came with my xfinity box barely runs the tv. Its the second box and remote. Hate this remote. Comcast should supply all  of us with remotes that run atleast the box and tv. I also have to recycle my set top box every few weeks or my on demand disappears. Now I am trying to hook up my Samsung DVD to watch my old movies on and I can not find the instructions on what buttons to hit to search for the code to make it work with this crappy remote. I have not tried to hook it up since hooking up the set top box. Does someone remember what buttons to hit and how long to hold the button down? Thanks for the Info and letting me beach off!!  Bonnie

Recognized Contributor
halfband

[ Edited ]

bonniesmith01, look here:

comcast remote help

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

the comcast remote is not designed to be replaced, I have not seen codes for the actual box to use on a universal remote.  The only way I have seen it work is with a learning remote that actually captures the signal from one remote and then stores it in memory, and xfinity is not a brand of box that just the branding on the front, look on the back for the actual model and try to google the question to see if anyone has found a way to do this.

Contributor
miketh

Go to this wiki

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/How_to_use_a_Motorola_DVR/Programming_the_Remote#Restore_All_Remapped_K...

The code for the Comcast DVR box is in there.  I don't have the time now to look for it.

Visitor
Duwali

Having the same problem with the OneForAll remote model #URC-6131 ENG/ESP and the (Xfinity)  Cisco RNG 100 cable box?