Contributor

Xfinity HD DVR boxes

What is the newest HD DVR available in the Greencastle Pa,17225 area?

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Re: Xfinity HD DVR boxes

Are you in a cisco Scientific atlanta market or motorola?  The main differences between all the boxes only is the hard drive size and weather there is an hdmi port.  The motorola market also has a more updated guide.   

Contributor

motorola market.I would like to upgrade to the newest HD DVR Boxes

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

[ Edited ]

are you looking for more hard drive space?  Thats really all a change is goingt to do for you.  

I think the DCX 3400 is the newest, but I maybe corrected.  There have been reports by some of issues with that box though, so beware. 

http://customer.comcast.com/Pages/FAQViewer.aspx?seoid=Troubleshooting-Your-Set-top-Box

Contributor

Thanks,

It would be nice if Comcast customer service could let me know what was available.All they say on the phone or chat they have no idea what would be shipped to me.They tell me to go to my service center which is 40 miles away to find out.Also the service center has no phone number.Maybe I should switch to Direct TV.

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

comcast has no idea on a daily basis what boxes they will have in stock, that changes daily based on installs and what stock the techs have.  You cannot request a specific box from comcast.  Like I said all you would be doing is getting more hard drive space.  If that is your concern the go with the multi-room dvr that has a 500gb hard drive.

Contributor

Is the Multi room HD DVR available in all areas?

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

I belive its available in most motorola markets, but you have to check with comcast on that one. I know its available in NJ. 

What boxes do I need for AnyRoom DVR?

AnyRoom DVR requires a DCX 3400M (hub) and DCX 3200M (terminal).  You can have a maximum of three terminals per account. 

To find out if AnyRoom DVR is available in your area or to order, please call 1-800-XFINITY begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              1-800-XFINITY      end_of_the_skype_highlighting or learn more online.

Feedback

Printer-friendly version

Contributor

Went to the service depot today and they said they have not had the newest HD DVR boxes for two weeks not.Wasted 40 miles of gas ea way to find this out.Comcast customer service is very poor.

Regular Contributor

Yeah, Comcast really sucks at this.  I drove all the way to my service office and all they would offer me is the same box I had that is 5 or more years old... terrible.

Contributor

Maybe its time to upgrade technology by going with Direct TV

Regular Contributor

My brother has DirecTV and his DVR holds a whole lot more shows than the ones Comcast wants to give me.

Contributor
Mikethaler

Most of the boxes that Comcast uses are 5-8 years old - a lifetime in the technology field.  They have come out with model 3400 - but reports here and on indepent forums confirm they have major software problems.  The problem is software - but they keep insisting on sending me yet a new 3400.  On my 3rd one.  

It is definitely software because at least one major company (can't recall, might be Time Warner) and when they updated the software - users said all was fine.  The main problem is what is called the "Black Screen" problem.  Sometimes all you get, when you click on the program that recorded is a black screen and can't FF or play it at all.  Sometimes it will play for a few minutes before turning black.  

BTW - Comcast will mail you a new deck.  You don't have to go to their ofice.  All you have to do is ask - they will not volunteer.   Even if they charge $10, worth not having to deal with long lines in an office.

Regular Contributor

My mom called Comcast and they said we HAD to drive to the service office and take a crapshoot on whatever box they have there... nice customer service :smileyangry:

Contributor
Mikethaler

I am on my 3rd 3400.  When ou 6-7 y.o box died they sent out a truck and the guy gave me a 3400, because I asked if he had one.  (New is better tan old - right?).

Before I learned they were inheirently defective - called them in a few weeks and they shipped one out.  Think they charged $10 - but could be wrong.

I soon learned the boxes all have defective software.   I called and all they offered to do was send a truck and charge for a service call, OR, mail one!  No charge and they included a shipping labrel for me to return the "old" one.     (I am in Okld., Ca.)   The previous  time simply returned box to a nearby office.

As has been mentioned, you can't pick up at an office because they will only give you whatever (very) old box they happen to have.  They won't give you a phone number so you can call a local office.

New Visitor
JRon007

Are these comments really from 2011?  Where is the recent stuff?

Bronze Problem Solver
C_DM

JRon007 wrote:

Are these comments really from 2011?  Where is the recent stuff?

Yes, this thread is from 2011.  What is it that you are looking for?  Any particular reason you posted in this old thread?

Contributor

Ended up going with Direct TV since Comcast would not lower my bill