Contributor
matt338

Xfinity HD service

I was looking into getting HD service. I saw that you can get a free Hd box includes when you upgrade just like I have now with my non HD service I currently have. I did see in a youtube video that Comcast has HD adapters http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrRKTdqpA5Y, I did not see where to get those from or how much they cost. I have the standard non HD ones at this time, but if I upgraded I would want HD on all my TV's.

Bronze Problem Solver
edpeters

Re: Xfinity HD service

matt338 wrote:

I was looking into getting HD service. I saw that you can get a free Hd box includes when you upgrade just like I have now with my non HD service I currently have. I did see in a youtube video that Comcast has HD adapters http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrRKTdqpA5Y, I did not see where to get those from or how much they cost. I have the standard non HD ones at this time, but if I upgraded I would want HD on all my TV's.

You can not "buy" any Comcast equipment.  To get HD you would indeed need to have an HD set-top or uDTA (AKA HD DTA) for each HD TV you want to veiw in HD, as well as the $10.00 per month service charge for HD (unless you are only talking about local channels which you should be able to find infromation about online)..  You would have to check with your local Comcast store for monthly box charges/outlets..

New Visitor
w-worden

Comcast remotely turned off my HD box in the middle of the Seahawks game on Sunday.  When I took the unit in to get a replacement one as suggested by tech support, the agent said that they audited the network over the weekend and turned off perceived unauthorized gear and that the unit was not defective.  He said the sales agent for my new bundle neglected to add the $5 HD fee when it was activated 25 Sept.  It did not matter that I had already paid a $10 HD fee for the entire month of Oct. The different groups have their own information systems. Be careful - do not trust either of the three groups to get the account info correct.

New Visitor
w-worden

Re: no picture and no sound on one of two TV's

Comcast remotely turned off my HD box in the middle of the Seahawks game on Sunday.  When I took the unit in to get a replacement one as suggested by tech support, the agent said that they audited the network over the weekend and turned off perceived unauthorized gear and that the unit was not defective.  He said the sales agent for my new bundle neglected to add the $5 HD fee when it was activated 25 Sept.  It did not matter that I had already paid a $10 HD fee for the entire month of Oct. The different groups have their own information systems. Be careful - do not trust either of the three groups to get the account info correct.

New Visitor
w-worden

Re: No Picture No sound tried reboot nothing happened

Here is a portion of my chat:

Evalyn > Bill, after I ran the system health check, I am seeing here that your system is currently in good condition, there is no
detected outage in your area and your account is still on active status. I will need your assistance with the troubleshooting steps
to further investigate the problem and I can even schedule a technician at the end of this chat as part of our resolution to your
concern for today.

Bronze Star Contributor
Yyrkoon777

If the $10 HD fee is on the account, HD DTA's are $1.99 each.