Contributor
AustinXL
Accepted Solution

Xfinity Rollout Schedule

Does anyone know where I can find an accurate rollout schedule for Comcast Xfinity?

I currently have Xfinity in Warrenton, VA and have the archaic menu.  My wife hates it so much that she wants to switch back to DirecTV as she thinks it is hard to navigate.

I would like to keep Comcast, I keep hearing about Guide 2.0, AnyRoom DVR, X1, etc - how can I find out when these will be available??

New Visitor
kregstrong

Re: Xfinity Rollout Schedule

I'm wondering the same thing. I'm in Shreveport Louisiana and just got cable hoping to get the new guide 2.0. But stuck with this dinosaur ui. If I don't find something out soon I'm gonna order directv
New Visitor
kregstrong

Would really like the x1 but doubt that will happen anytime soon
Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

x1 is still in testing in Georgia and Boston and it has problems.  you guys must be in a SA Cisco market.  guide 2.0 is what your market is getting the rest of the country will get x1 eventually.  See below this blog from comcast as to where and when guide 2.0 is coming to you.  

Scroll down to the q&a in this blog.

http://blog.comcast.com/2010/05/new-guide-for-scientific-atlanta-cable-boxes.html#more

Contributor
AustinXL

I see in there that Northern VA is not getting Guide 2.0... does that mean we are permanently stuck with the "blue screen from 1996" as my wife calls it?

Yes, we have a Scientific Atlantic box.  Unfortunately we moved right outside of the Fios availability area.

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

the blue screen from 1966 is what the whole country has, unless you have guide 2.0 thats what you get.   You should be spending minimul time in the guide and watching tv, to me that is the most important part not what the tv guide looks like. My opinion. 

New Visitor
kregstrong

So if I want the 2.0 guide I have to subscribe to any room DVR? Confusing
Contributor
AustinXL

Rog I see your point, however my wife does spend extensive time channel-roaming and perusing the On Demand listings, she is the one who has an issue with the guide.  Aside from being hard on the eyes she finds it difficult to navigate.  I personally dont but if she isnt happy, I dont see why we would stay with Comcast.

Going from Fios (where we used to live) and then to Directv (wonderful guide/on demand setup) I find it hard to believe that this is what Comcast sees as top notch quality.  It surely doesnt resemble the comcast guide in all the commercials I see!

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

yes, if you can get guide 2.0 in your area which is only the SA Cisco community you have to get multiroom dvr.

Contributor
AustinXL

Unless you're in a SA Cisco area like me where they just decided not to do it.

New Visitor
kregstrong

Well the problem is rog, that everyone I talk to has pretty much no clue what's going on and aware up and down the box I have has guide 2.0 lol but it doesn't. What exactly do I need to ask them to get that
New Visitor
kregstrong

And I have the sa Cisco RNG 200
Official Employee
ComcastTeds

kregstrong wrote:
Well the problem is rog, that everyone I talk to has pretty much no clue what's going on and aware up and down the box I have has guide 2.0 lol but it doesn't. What exactly do I need to ask them to get that

Hello kregstrong - In July, Shreveport was the first Cisco area to receive the DVR Manager feature and other features and fixes (that is not On-Screen Guide 2.0). Caller ID is currently targeted to be added in November in your area.http://www.xfinity.com/meetyourguide

Apologies for any confusion we may have caused. 

In your area of Louisiana, On-Screen Guide 2.0 is definitely available today when you have a subscription to AnyRoom DVR. We would need to professionally install new cable boxes. On-Screen Guide 2.0 includes DVR Manager, Caller ID to the TV and many other new features. More info here: http://www.xfinity.com/onscreenguide2

Give us a call at 1-800-COMCAST and ask for AnyRoom DVR and we will get you set up.

Contributor
AustinXL

Ted, what about my original question? 

Warrenton VA, 20186 - Now I am reading there will be no upgrades to VA at all?  Being right outside of DC I would think this would be a priority market?

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

[ Edited ]

AustinXL wrote:

Ted, what about my original question? 

Warrenton VA, 20186 - Now I am reading there will be no upgrades to VA at all?  Being right outside of DC I would think this would be a priority market?

Virginia is not scheduled for On-Screen Guide 2.0.

On-Screen Guide 2.0 is a short term bridge as we work to get our On-Screen Guide 3.0 (X1) into more areas this year and into 2013.

We continue to test and trial the new cloud-based X1 guide on our Cisco RNG cable boxes and the plan would be to deliver the X1 experience (On-Screen Guide 3.0) on the Cisco RNG 200N and the Cisco 150N cable boxes by the end of 2013.

The long term plan is to get all of our newest cable boxes (regardless of hardware manufacturer or geography) onto a common more advanced on-screen guide starting in 2013 to provide a more consistent experience. That would be On-Screen Guide 3.0 or X1.  

On-Screen Guide 3.0 http://xfinity.comcast.net/x1/

Currently available to new HD Triple Play customers in Augusta, Boston, Atlanta and Chattanooga.

Additional locations are scheduled for 2012 and 2013. I don't currently have a schedule for your area of VA that I can share just yet. 

Short term, all of our areas where we use Cisco or Scientific-Atlanta branded cable boxes (including your area of VA) are expected to receive a guide update and new features including DVR Manager and Caller ID.

We do have these new features out to about 12% of our Cisco-SA footprint and the plan is to get these new features out to all areas as soon as possible.

Contributor
AustinXL

So Virginia will skip Guide 2.0 and go to 3.0/X1 sometime in 2013?  Is this set in stone?

Also, I have the SA 3200 box, will this box be phased out?  Hopefully the replacement will have a larger DVR as well, that is my only complaint (unlike my wife...).

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

AustinXL wrote:

So Virginia will skip Guide 2.0 and go to 3.0/X1 sometime in 2013?  Is this set in stone?

Also, I have the SA 3200 box, will this box be phased out?  Hopefully the replacement will have a larger DVR as well, that is my only complaint (unlike my wife...).

Virginia is not scheduled for On-Screen Guide 2.0. That part is pretty rigid.  

The schedule and markets for On-Screen Guide 3.0/X1 are pretty fluid. The teams have been moving quickly with that experience which is now available in Augusta, Atlanta, Chattanooga and Boston. 

On-Screen Guide 3.0 is designed to work on our newest cable boxes (the RNG series). The SA 3200 is an older box and does not have the necessary memory or processing power to suppoirt On-Screen Guide 3.0.

All of the Scientific-Atlanta and Cisco branded DVRs in their current state can support an external hard drive to give you more recording space. The external drive can be connected via the e-SATA port. This is a device that you would purchase from retail and own. 

The e-SATA ports certainly work on these DVR boxes for connection to certain external hard drives. If you do a little digging online I am sure you can find some devices that are very compatible and how to set that up.

Contributor
AustinXL

So are the SA boxes being switched over to Ciscos at some point?

Or are we stuck with the SA box forever?

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Cisco bought Scientific Atlanta around 2006, they are interchangeable, the older ones are marked Scientific Atlanta, the newer ones are marked Cisco.

They will not be switched out, they are fully interchangable.

Contributor
AustinXL

So are you suggesting that I can take my SA box  to a local Comcast office and they will swap it out?

Visitor

End of 2013 before I can use the online DVR manager???? I know some Comcast customers have had access to this feature for sometime now...and, we still have to wait even longer for this??  Hmm Fios or going back to Dish TV is looking better and better. Very very disapointed with Comcast..

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

rikkirat wrote:

End of 2013 before I can use the online DVR manager???? I know some Comcast customers have had access to this feature for sometime now...and, we still have to wait even longer for this??  Hmm Fios or going back to Dish TV is looking better and better. Very very disappointed with Comcast..

For our customers with Scientific-Atlanta or Cisco branded DVRs, the DVR Manager feature is expected to be available in 2012 or in early 2013. Apologies for the delay 

Bronze Star Contributor
Bronze Star Contributor

What is the plan for markets with Motorola boxes (west, south, and north fof Boston)?

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

Tek wrote:

What is the plan for markets with Motorola boxes (west, south, and north fof Boston)?

All of our Motorola branded DVRs support DVR Manager today.

As for On-Screen Guide 3.0 (also called X1), that experience is available now in your area and most all of the Boston metropolitan area. That experience currently requires that new cable boxes be professionally installed.  

More info on the new X1 experience (On-Screen Guide 3.0) is available at the link below: http://xfinity.comcast.net/x1/

Contributor
J0ckam0

I'm in the Philadelphia area. I was told the X1 guide is available in my area but not for those with the any room DVR. Can you confirm this?

I have the any room DVR(RGN200N) and another high definition box.

New Visitor
slombardo89

When will guide 3.0 be available in the South Florida (West Palm Beach) area? I have a Cisco RNG200N and still dont have any of the new features like Web DVR control, anyroom DVR, etc. 

Official Employee
ComcastTeds