New Visitor
SnowbirdJeff

Xfinity TV on my Laptop in Canada

As a Canadian Snowbird, my Florida condo association contracts with Comcast to provide cable TV services. I don't seem to be able to watch Videos from the Xfinity TV web site on my laptop when I;m back in Canada.

Does anyone know if my Canadian Internet provider (Rogers) or Comcast are somehow blocking my access when I'm back in Canada ?

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Re: Xfinity TV on my Laptop in Canada

is your comast account still active while you are not in florida.  I don't see any reason why it wouldnt work, your just going to a page on the internet and logging in. 

New Visitor
SnowbirdJeff

yes, my account is still active...my condo fees pay for cable service 24/7, 365 days a year.....even when I'm not there....I suspect it might have something to do with Comcast not allowing me to view Video content from their web sites when I'm accessing the Xfinity TV web site through a Canadian Internet provider such as Rogers...

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

We are under the belief that the online content from Comcast is not available outside the US due to programming license issues with the studio's and content providers.

New Visitor
SnowbirdJeff

Well that would explain it...thanks