New Visitor
jimiddleton

Xfinity X1 HD DVR Box HDMI Inputs

I have the model PX001ANC HD DVR box.  Ont the back, it has two HDMI in ports labeled HDMI Input 1 and 2.  I assumed that these ports would act like an HDMI switch that would allow you to connect other HDMI capable devices, such as a DVD player or laptop computer, through the box and out to the TV via the single HDMI output.  When I connected my Blu-Ray DVD player to the HDMI Input 1 port and turned the cable box on, and on-screen message was displayed that read: "A new device has been connected. Would you like to enjoy this device? Yes (default) or No.  When I pressed the OK button on the remote to select Yes (which was highlighted) nothing happened.  After some time the message went away and I could not figure out how to get it back or to select the other inputs.  Does anyone know the answer to this or where I can find an in-depth users manual?

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Re: Xfinity X1 HD DVR Box HDMI Inputs

the inputs on comcast boxes are usually disabled I do not believe they are enabled on the x1 either

New Visitor
jimiddleton

Well Rog, it was smart enough to know that a device had been connected to it; so that leads me to believe that the port is enabled.  Whether there are any further "smarts" beyond that is yet to be discovered.

Regular Problem Solver
C_DM

jimiddleton wrote:

Well Rog, it was smart enough to know that a device had been connected to it; so that leads me to believe that the port is enabled.  Whether there are any further "smarts" beyond that is yet to be discovered.

It might be "smart" enough to detect a connection, but not to do anything with it (or essentially anything that actually would do something with it is disabled).

New Visitor
jimiddleton

LOL. I hear you Rog.  Tech support lied to me about sending the manual for the box as well!