Contributor
roehrle

Xfinity vs. Regular comast??

I'm a recent new customer who was an old customer for about 20 years. Left Comcast about 7 years ago for poor service like many of the reports I have been reading on this forum. Left Directv because of poor TV reception and got a better deal from Comcast. I have been keeping a log of everything that has happened to me in only one month. I would post it but no one would read it because it is too long.

The salesman that got me to sign up was pretty good the first week I was on line but he left for a 5 week vacation?? and won't be back until Oct 27th. He left his supervisors number for me to call but the supervisor is hard to contact and when I do get a chance to talk to him he directs me to the Comcast service number. I like to know if it is a common practice for the sales person to go on "vacation" when you start having problems??

I started to asked if there is a differenced between Xfinity Vs. Comcast and got side tracked. I don't see that much differences between old Comcast and Xfinity except now I can get  Hi definition and have 2 DVR's.

These are big deals but I had this on Directv.

Bronze Problem Solver
edpeters

Re: Xfinity vs. Regular comast??

No difference!

Official Employee
ComcastKeisha

--

Comcast is the name of the company. XFINITY is the new brand for our technology platform, products and services. XFINITY is about offering our customers more - more HD, more speed, more choice and more control. 

Thank You
-Keisha-
New Visitor
picadilly1

before, you could get extended basic cable and not have to pay the expensive price of digital cable.  is this still an option? 

what kind of rates is comcast offering its current customers so they don't go to the competition?  it seems they treat their new customers much better than their current ones, with no regard for the time we've been with them. 

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

[ Edited ]

In most locations the price of expanded basic and digital starter were less than $3 a month difference, and that got you On Demand and more digital channels than expanded basic did.

Otherwise there is digital economy for less $$ but does have several restrictions on extra digital boxes, and no On Demand and less channels.

New Visitor

Re: Xfinity vs.. Regular comast??

Well, they should pick one name stick to it! I just did a search at Comcast on on the I-net and gained very little clarity or basis for the two-name convention. Everyone I know is only confused, and therefore irritated with Comcast, by the double naming. The dual names are absolutely meaningless to those of us who aren't Comcast/Xfinity insiders.

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

Re: Xfinity vs.. Regular comast??

[ Edited ]

judywk wrote:

Well, they should pick one name stick to it! I just did a search at Comcast on on the I-net and gained very little clarity or basis for the two-name convention. Everyone I know is only confused, and therefore irritated with Comcast, by the double naming. The dual names are absolutely meaningless to those of us who aren't Comcast/Xfinity insiders.

Comcast is still the name of the company; Xfinity is the name of the product lines. I hope that helps.

Xfinity Voice, Xfinity Home, Xfinity TV.