New Visitor

adding another connection in another room

How much per month and for installation would it cost to ad a line to my bedroom?Would I have to pay for another box?

New Visitor
Marase84

Re: adding another connection in another room

eddiefleury wrote:

How much per month and for installation would it cost to ad a line to my bedroom?Would I have to pay for another box?

How much will it cost to relocate cable line from one end of the room to the other?

Recognized Contributor
halfband

[ Edited ]

If your area has gone through the digital transition then yes you will need another box or a cablecard device.

Outlet installation to an area that is not prewired runs in the range $40 to $75.  The charge varies significantly depending on your service area.

Contributor
Flybuddy

I'm not sure that's true, even after the digital transition, current type TVs should work on basic cable with no bells and whistles. Comcast will add an outlet into another room ($65 locally). If you did NOT add a box there would be no addl monthly charges.

Bronze Problem Solver
edpeters

You really need to indicate what services you want the TV in the other room to receive.  Example if all you want is the local channels (assuming you have a TV with a QAM, digital tuner) all you need to do is provide a splitter to the cable and run a new cable to the TV.  If you want to be able to receive the extended basic (digital starter) channels then you will need a DTA box prior to the new TV (you should be eligible for two free per household and there isn't a monthly charge).  If you want higher service then you would need a Converter box, and assuming you are already using one on another TV, you would be charged in the neighborhood of $10.00 per month..

New Visitor

I have bought a digital TV to replace the non-digital tv in our bedroom.

Do I need another cable box? or what?

Richard Roth

Bronze Problem Solver
barbie123

If you are happy with the picture you get, keep what you have now.

If you want an HD picture, you will need an HD box and service.