New Visitor
DelanoC

av in front of dvr box?

ok my question is about the av (in) in the front of the dvr box. do these work? and if so how would i use them? my tv is older and only has 1 av port (1 set of white red and yellow IN) was trying to hook an xbox up to the tv at the same time without buying extra equiptment plugged it in te front of dvr box and couldn't figure out how to use it. any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Re: av in front of dvr box?

If it's the AV input on a older Comcast supplied set top box or DVR, they are not enabled, and can not be used in any way, same as the USB port.

New Visitor
DelanoC

then why are they there? its a real shame in order to use my older tv with more then one thing without an adapter when there is an av (in) port on the box comcast should leave these enabled for that.

is there a way to enable this port for use or not?

Silver Problem Solver
andyross

Many boxes, especially older ones, were often built with many features that were never really used. The manufacturers thought the cable companies might use them (some might have), but few ever did.

There is no way to enable them. On some older boxes, the rear audio inputs may pass-thru to the audio outputs when the box is turned off. Otherwise, that is pretty much it for any of the AV inputs.

The USB ports can be used to supply power for fans and to charge some devices.