Contributor
dcdave

box reset signal from Comcast

I have 2 different black cable boxes, non HD. How can I ge a reset signal sent to them both from Comcast?

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Re: box reset signal from Comcast

you can call them to do it, you can also go through the automated system and press prompts for trouble with your service, after a few minutes of on hold time the system will ask you if you wanted a hit sent to the box just press prompts for yes.  You will need to have the serial number of the boxes with you.   Also usually an unplug replug fixes most issues. 

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

When calling

After you get through the initial phone tree

1) Press 1 for Trouble With Service

2) Press 1 for Cable

3) Press 2 for No Picture or Sound

4) Press 1  All Channels

5) Press 1 for Refresh Signal

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

New Visitor
Horrible_servic

Comcast service quality is decreased. I received "set-top" box/adapter and my tv kept had a big black box in the center of the screen once a while randomly on different channels and 'HD" is not really high definition at all. I had called comcast 5-6 times on this issue. Finally, they decided to send me a replacement adapter. But it is a wrong one, then I have to wait for 5-7 business days to receive return kit to return the wrong box. Then I can re-order the replacement unit. If a service technician comes onsite service, I have to pay $33! What kind of service comcast has now! Comcast needs to improve service quality.