Visitor

cable box- no display

I swapped out my old cable box for a new one because the time was displaying 12:00 and the guide was showing "tba". After the new box was in, nothing was displayed at all. The channels all work and everything, just no time or channel is displayed. The rep had me go to setup to show the time but that didnt work. He also had me unplug the unit then plug it in, but to no avail.

He told me the box was defective and to replace it. To save me from having a tech come out, or driving 20 miles to to get another one, does anyone have any other suggestions to get this thing to display the time, or at least the channel? Its not an HD, just a digital cable box. Thanks.

Cable Expert
WarEagle57

Re: cable box- no display

What is the make and model number of the box?
Visitor

It's a motorola DCH70.
Cable Expert
WarEagle57

Interesting.  According to the Motorola web site (here), the DCH70 has no time/channel number display.  It appears that you aren't missing anything.
Visitor

Ok thanks for checking. According to the rep I spoke with, all Comcast boxes should display the time/channel. Guess I'll be making another trip to Comcast. Thanks again.
Cable Expert
WarEagle57

I had a small DCT700 for a year, and it had no numerical display.  Everything was displayed on the TV screen.