Visitor
Accepted Solution

color on TV is messed up after HD

After I got an HD box the color on my TV is very messed up.  I have tried multiple ways of adjusting it with no luck.  This also happened with my Dad's TV, but does not seem to bother them like it does me, it so irritating if it is not fixed I will return to regular cable.  I only have the colors brown, yellow and blue (and some green, but not where it is supposed to be green.)

Thanks for your assistance! 

Cable Expert
WarEagle57

Re: color on TV is messed up after HD

How do you have the box connected to the TV?  It's unlikely that the colors would be messed up that badly unless you are using component cables (red, green, and blue) and have two or more of them swapped.  Did you connect it yourself, or have a technician do it?
Visitor

thanks! you are right.  My teenage son had the red and orange cables reversed.  Problem solved!
Cable Expert
WarEagle57

Orange???  Oh, well -- give me credit for the solution anyway.  :smileycool:
Recognized Contributor

[ Edited ]

Right Channel audio was swapped with "Red" Video, that happens a lot..actually that's why they give the video an "orange" tint on cables now.

I did that once after moving and though I just trashed my Toshiba 65HX81 (big honkin' ol CRT-RP-HDTV back in 2000-01 or so)...that was it though, whew, and I imagine that I'd be on my 9th HDTV now...t

Message Edited by LinkNuc on 12-26-2008 09:31 AM