New Visitor
mrwolfie

comcast guide says to be announced, has not populated after 2 Days.

On one of two tv set in the house, the Comcast guide shows "To be announced in all time slots for all channels.  In addition, on demand is not operating.   this has continued for 2 days. Is there a simple fix I can do?

New Visitor
beetleboya

Re: comcast guide says to be announced, has not populated after 2 Days.

I'm having the same problem.  Called a few weeks ago when some channels disappeared and they were able to reset it, but since then have been having problems on and off.  Have to unplug at least every other day because it freezes up and now haven't had channel listings for over a week.

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

You can try unplugging the box to reset it.  If that does not work you probably have a signal strength issue.  you might  have a wire or splitter that has gone bad.  You can test this by moving the cable box to another outlet that you say works, if it works there you know the oringinal place you moved it from has the issue. 

Recognized Contributor
anita0817

When my On Demand didn't work I had to call Comcast and they sent a signal to the box. It took around 1/2 for VOD to start working again.

Concerning your guide population issue - I just went through that and was told that if it is not a signal issue it is probably a software issue and you would have to unplug and box, wait at 30 seconds, replug it and wait and see if the guide downloads properly.  I know it's a pain  and very aggravating.

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

No guide information and On Demand issues are due to signal issues to the cable box, and points more to the out of band channel frequency.

It can be the box failing, it can also be signal issues due to loose / corrorded / wet fittings, damaged coax, splitter issues or other workmanship issues.

Make sure you are not routing your coax thorugh any AC surge protector strip coax ports.  Running coax through these surge protectors cause issues just as you describe.

If you don't see anything obvious with the connectors and cabling, then a tech visit is in order, as the tech will have the proper test equipment to find and fix the issue.

Recognized Contributor
JamesJJK

Guess I'll have to go through these "tests" because I've been having guide population issues with many and random "Too Be Announced" TV listings for a couple days now. I think I noticed this maybe Wed night going through my Favorite channels to see what I want to record for a week ahead like I normally do, but noticed some "Too Be Announced" listings and that the guide just now no longer goes forward in time as far as it did before. Before the guide found dozens of shows ahead in time but now it just finds the current show and maybe one future time ahead. I've cut the power to the box and let it recover but still having these issues. It seems like it's taking the guide to populate with just some listings even longer now too than before when there were no issues.

Recognized Contributor
anita0817

I've been having guide issues for the past few weeks too. It's taking forever to populate and I don't have any signal issues. I had a tech over here and he told me that it is probably a software issue, but c'mon, this is crazy. It shouldn't take 24 hours to download 13 days of programs. It used to take 10 hours at the max.

New Visitor
milehibat

After checking the forums and seeing significant guide abscences on my DVR I checked the SNR and AGC

Both are currently listed as FAIR. Is there a way to increase this? 

Recognized Contributor
anita0817

What are SNR and AGC? I have a RNG200 and would like to check those too. Thanks

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

signal to noise ration.  YOu probably have a bad splitter or bad wire, or need a new cable from the pole. 

Recognized Contributor
anita0817

The splitter and wiring are not old - all new. Don't know about the pole because I live in a condo community.

New Visitor
milehibat

On another forum I read it said to turn off the box and within 2 seconds click ok and it will come up, navigate down to d03 and the values are listed there.... 

New Visitor
milehibat

For me everything is new since december. The DVR is new as well as of Friday. I would think by now my guide would be populated.

Recognized Contributor
anita0817

Just tried that but the screen only showed the menu for HD information. Just called Comcast and the earliest they can send someone is Wed morning.

Recognized Contributor
anita0817

The guide should have populated by this amount of time. I guess last ditch effort is to call comcast and have a tech come out. Just wish we didn't have to deal with all of these issues.

Recognized Contributor
anita0817

So now it's 3 days since the guide has not downloaded and have to wait until Wednesday for a tech to come to my house. I'm so $$((( frustrated with this company and if the problem isn't fixed this time, I don't know what I'll do, but if I have to go to the comcast office and throw a fit, I will. This is totally unacceptable and I've had it with Comcast.

New Visitor
Walabystew

We have been having this problem for months.  We have turned it off and rebooted, nothing works.   Losing patience with Comcast.  It seems like there are enough people on here that they know there is an issue and are just not fessing up or have not been able to fix it.  I'm not sure how a software issue could only effect this one channel.   Maybe Comcast forgot to pay their bill to TV Guide!

New Visitor
Walabystew

There are 12k+ views to this blog so you can assume 12k+ are having the same issue.  Does COMCAST even read this stuff??

Bronze Problem Solver
C_DM

[ Edited ]

Walabystew wrote:

There are 12k+ views to this blog so you can assume 12k+ are having the same issue.  Does COMCAST even read this stuff??

Not necessarily--the forums are mainly user-to-user not for specifically for official support.  For official support, for the most part, you need to reach out to Comcast directly either by calling or emailing them.

Also, keep in mind, views (and even replies) don't really imply anything in particular--a lot of people visit and read threads of all kinds (sometimes many times, especially over a period of time) and don't experience the same issues.

New Visitor

I agree.  Too many people are having the same issue with Comcast.  When you call they recommend paying a monthly fee to put a wiring protection service on your line followed by placing a service call so that if there is something wrong with your line it won't cost as much to fix.  I'm sorry...but too many people are having these issues. If Comcast insists that it is the customer's fault in their wiring then Comcast should do the wiring in the first place.  But they won't do that.....after all then they would have to take the responsibility.  The only time they will run wiring is if it's not through the interior of the house.  Even then you have to pay a monthly service to protect you from a bad wiring situation.  Either way the customer pays either monthly or when there is an issue.  This coupled with the fact that their programming is horrible and getting worse every month have caused me to create this profile.   

Contributor

My DVR has had a problem since Feb 27, 2013.  Comcast has replaced all coax from the street thru the house , replaced DVR box twice, had me use a different TV (same results),. One TV with DVR works perfectly but one has this problem.  The guide resets to TBA 4 to 5 times a day, including at night when nothing is turned on.  Comcast is now saying that a neighbors telephone modem is causing "feedback" and that MAY be causing the problem.  This all started when new GUIDE software was installed in February.

THEY JUST DON'T KNOW. 

They have issued some credit but I want my DVR to work properly.  I have been a Comcast customer for about 15 years BUT not much longer.

New Visitor
turquoiseteal

I'm having the same problem. I called tech support several times to re-send the signal for the program data feed, and the issue persists.

Bronze Star Contributor

I had started another thread before I saw this one. Having the same issues. Had to unplug Saturday morning to move cables. By Sunday afternoon, I only had a few hours populated, so I unplugged again. This time I got further, but it still only has about a days worth of schedule populated. All of our cables/splitters, etc. didn't suddenly go bad at once - this is a Comcast issue. 

Bronze Star Contributor

48 hours later, the guide has populated. I will have to redo all show and series recordings as they all show tba even thought the guide is correct. 

Comcast09 Jun. 11 09.44.jpg

Bronze Star Contributor

To continue this private conversation I'm having with myself, I notice after the last reboot, that the percentage full jumped from about 70% to 87%. I have about 80 hours of shows recorded. 

New Visitor
anamarwaters

Need comcast guide reset

New Visitor

After 1 year of comcast coming out to repair wiring, 9 DVR's, they could not figure out the problem. After setting a recording with my browser, back to be announced. I went to my Comcast settings disabled the DVR from my PC, haven't had a problem since.

New Visitor

Please explain exactly how you did this....I am having the same issue. I even just got a new DVR box and still To Be Announced everywhere in the guide