New Visitor
osbanner

digital adapter

Do i need a digital adapter on the tv that is hooked up through the Motorola DCT 6412. I put the digital adapter on by two auxilary tvs and the picture on those is now better than the picture coming through the DCT 6412 to my man tv?

Cable Expert
WarEagle57

Re: digital adapter

If you're referring to a DTA, these are not to be used in conjunction with other boxes, especially not HD DVRs.  Please elaborate on the problems with the DCT6412 picture, including how the TV is connected to the box.  The DVR should provide a much better picture than the DTA if connected to an HD TV using component or HDMI cables.

Bronze Problem Solver
edpeters

osbanner wrote:

Do i need a digital adapter on the tv that is hooked up through the Motorola DCT 6412. I put the digital adapter on by two auxilary tvs and the picture on those is now better than the picture coming through the DCT 6412 to my man tv?

Check the cabling on your DCT 6412.  If you are running an RF cable from it to your TV, does it (and your TV have the ability to use Audio/Video cables?

Contributor

Received the digital adaptor to hookup to extra tv in house.  This tv is an Insignia 42" LCD and I am no longer able to pick up any network HD channels since hooking up the adaptor.  Do I have to settle for a less than desirable picture or is there something that can be done?

Thanks

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

[ Edited ]

Since these DTA's were designed for older analog cable ready TV's, to use on a HD set to continue to receive your local channels in HD, you need to add a splitter and A/B switch.

Instructions and diagrams are on the FAQ's for the digital adapers HERE

Since policies vary widely in Comcast markets, some Comcast offices give away the A/B and splitter, some charge for shipping, and some tell you to go to Radio Shack.

To experience all the HD channels available on your digital service, Comcast recommends to use a full HD set top box connected with either HDMI or component cables.