Contributor
carlo_mrcool
Accepted Solution

digital economy tv service

so i called comcast today coz i got a mail saying i can upgrade my internet and add a digital economy tv service for 19.95 more.. the lady said i can add more channels to my service with no additional cost if i dont upgrade my internet service. i said ok.. so im wondering what channels am i gonna get?

sorry i forgot to ask the lady lol.

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Re: digital economy tv service

At the top of this web page is a blue section, click on the Programming tab, and choose channel lineup.

Enter your address if it asks, and there should be a selection to choose digital economy.  That will show you the lineup you will receive.

New Visitor
salandyson

There is no drop-down menu where I can select "Digital Economy."  The only option available is "All Channels."  Please help!

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

after you put your address in and it takes you to the channel page, there IS a drop down arrow.  click it and choose digital economy.  I just did it so it is there.

New Visitor
justmenan

I have the same issue the text directions say to choose from the drop down but there is none.  Only All channels and sort methods of looking at it.  I'm thinking that once you sign in, this is giving you only your present choices not the new or cheaper ones.

New Visitor

The drop down choices dont have anything saying "Digital Economy".  I am paying $59.95 now per month for Digital Starter and would like to downgrade.  Cust Service told me Digital Economy is $29.95 per month but there is no description of this on the Comcast web site.  Figures.

New Visitor
Rich-Elliott

I know, right!

I think Comcast cable is on their way out if they can't get there act together.  I'm on the opposite side.  I have the $10 per month plan and was looking for a small upgrade the get a few more channels.  The only thing I can find on their website is starting at $60 per month!  It's pretty obvious they are trying to hide the less expensive options, but if they don't do a better job of marketing the lower cost packages, they will loose even more customers to Netflix, Apple TV, Google TV, and the list goes on and on and on.

Besides comming up with the marketing term "Xfinity", Comcast has'nt had any new ideas for years.  Why not let me build my own package?  Maybe I don't want all the stupid shopping chanels and MTV.  Maybe I only have a few specific chanels I like and only want to pay for those. 

New Visitor
justmenan

AS originally stated, after entering the address info and waiting for the circle to go around, the only thing that shows up is WHAT I RECEIVE now.  No choices or arrows showing me other plans that are possible should I want them.

Nancy

Contributor
wildpaws

Nope, doesn't happen, I've been to those links several times in the last three days and the only option is "All Channels". Makes no difference after entering your address, I cannot get to Digital Starter options for my area, only All Channels.

Clyde

Contributor
enuff

Completely agree with this.  I don't even know WHAT package I have... I looked at the list of channels and none of them seem to fit... my comcast cable comes through  my HOA - I "converted" and found I no longer had my HD channels... now they want money for their silly boxes... these should be FREEEEEEEEEE - comcast requires we have them so THEY can provide more service... does anyone else see the absurdity of this..?  It's like going to a restaurant and having to pay for a plate so they can serve your food!  I am just about over comcast.

New Visitor
RandolphScott86

Yea right.  Comcast needs to get their act together, however i don't think they are capable of such an act of moral character.

New Visitor
Coey53

From what I understand (and was told when I called) Digitial Economy is only available in some areas.  If it is not offered on any of your drop downs then it is not available in your area  That means that the owner of the franchise that you subscribe to doesn't want to offer the digital economy because they figure a lot of folks would be downgrading and they would lose money.   It's all about the "Benjamins"

Contributor
enuff

Yeah - they offer everything in my area - my big peeve is - I had High Definition channels (some) until the conversion - now if I want Hi Def - I have to have a cable box which is about 10 buck per TV - I have three great Hi Def TVs - but will have to pay another 30.00 a month to see the same HiDef channels I had before the conversion.  It's essentially a reduction in service - so where is my discount? 

New Visitor
have2sail75

I could not agree more with you! Comcast makes it difficult and unpleasant to have a cable TV experience that is both affordable and what I want to see. We should be able to pick the channels we want to see, receive a 'quote' for that package and then decide if it's worth it or not.

Regular Contributor
Commtech9501

Channel numbers will differ from area to area but i was able to chose Programming and then channel lineup. After that i could chose Economy from the package type drop down. I have copy and pasted it below but i can't guarentee your area is the same as mine. (michigan)

WJBK-TV 2 (FOX) Detroit

Local

WCMZ-TV 28 (PBS) Flint

Local

My 5 TV (via WNEM-DT) Flint

Local

WNEM-TV 5 (CBS) Flint

Local

WEYI-TV 25 (NBC) Flint

Local

WJRT-TV 12 (ABC) Flint

Local