Contributor

dvd and remote are working, now what?

I've got my dvd player hooked up and used the code to make my remote turn the power on and off but theres no instructions on what to do next. How do I actually get the picture from my dvd player to show on the screen now?

Also does anyone know how to get the captions to show on the botton of the screen? I can't find a caption button on my remote or in the menus. It should really be easy to use and on the remote!

Thanks for your time!

Regular Problem Solver
jjv124

Re: dvd and remote are working, now what?

notanotherxerox wrote:

I've got my dvd player hooked up and used the code to make my remote turn the power on and off but theres no instructions on what to do next. How do I actually get the picture from my dvd player to show on the screen now?

Also does anyone know how to get the captions to show on the botton of the screen? I can't find a caption button on my remote or in the menus. It should really be easy to use and on the remote!

Thanks for your time!

Not....

When you are saying that you are connecting your dvd player to your tv what cables are you using to connect?  What kind of TV are you connecting it to?  The captions from a dvd player are going to have to be turned on when a movie on the dvd player has subtitles on.  We need a little more information to help you get things set up.

Cable Expert
WarEagle57

Try using the DVD remote for playing DVDs and displaying captions, since the cable has nothing to do with DVDs.
Cable Expert
cypherx

With some TV codes, the TV/VCR button below the number 7 on the remote will allow you to cycle through inputs.  If this does not work, you may have to use your TV's remote to set the input of that to the DVD player.

So let's see if this works.  Push TV on the Comcast remote.

Push the TV/VCR button.  With each press does your TV cycle through different input modes?  For example: Video 1, Video 2, Component 1, Component 2, HDMI 1, HDMI 2, Tuner, etc....

When the mode's set then you can operate your DVD player like you used to. 

Contributor

Sorry I didn't reply to this sooner, I never got an email notifying me of the replies.

wareagle57-

I watched dvds when I had digital cable hooked up before with nothing but my Comcast remote so I know it works without having to use my tv or dvd remotes I just forget the how I did it. Cable may not have anything to do with dvds but somehow my digital cable remote was able to get me into aux mode and control my dvd player.

cypherx-

I know I definitely used the tv/vcr input button under the "7" but hitting it now isn't doing anything. You said I may have to use my TV's remote to set the input of that to the DVD player. Do you know how I do that?

Thank for continuing trying to help me!

Regular Problem Solver
jjv124

If you are trying to use your tv's remote.  What you'll want to do is find either a source or an input button on that.   If you don't have that button, maybe something like a tv vcr button.  What type of tv is it? Some of the newer tv's will allow you to label the inputs as either pre-selected options or allow you to type in your own label.

New Visitor
prek123

[ Edited ]

The response from cypherx Cable Expert is exactly what I have been looking for.  It worked. Thank You!