New Visitor

guide not working at all!

I just started a discussion in the wrong place, oops!  But our guide won't even turn on, the little light on the cable blocks blinks on when I push the button so I know the remote and box are "talking" to each other...but nothing at all on the screen.  I don't know if maybe my son pushed a button on the remote or something, but I need help!  Thanks.

Ft. Campbell, KY

Bronze Star Contributor
schimmy

Re: guide not working at all!

Not sure what is happening but have you tried to unplug the box so it reboots? Does it just not come up or does it just say "To Be Announced"?

Also, what box do you have?

Cable Expert
WarEagle57

Does the box respond correctly if you push the buttons on it?  If the light blinks it means the box received the command from the remote.  You can try a remote reset.
New Visitor
unionrocket

I have the same problem. Guide button not responding. I can push the channel button and changes channels like that ok, but the guide does not come on when pushed. Volume, channel and number buttons work fine...just the guide button not responding.

New Visitor

Was this ever resolved?

Cable installed in new home last week.  I am having this same problem with two boxes in the home.  The guide, DVR etc don't work but the light blinks on the box.  The buttons on the box do not work either when pushed.  I used another cable outlet and this did not cure the problem.

Cable Expert
WarEagle57

Call 1-800-COMCAST.
New Visitor
joju

Hi,

We just had the same problem. We have an older Motorola box. We had to press the menu button on the receiver and the select button which brings you to the settings. Make sure you have the correct HD settings. We just have the standard coaxial cable plugged in so it must be on 480i. We had it on the wrong setting and the guide did not appear at all.

Hope this helps!