New Visitor
csurvivor06

hooking up dvd player to dvr and tv

Trying to figure out how to hook my dvd player which only has red, white and yellow jacks up to the dvr and my old tv set which only has a basic coaxial cable hook up.

Cable Expert
WarEagle57

Re: hooking up dvd player to dvr and tv

You may be out of luck, but then there is no need to hook the DVD player to the DVR (unless it's also a DVD recorder).  Can you connect the DVR to the TV?  Can you connect the DVD player to the TV?

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

[ Edited ]

This is what you need

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2103095

The modulator will let you add your DVD player to your exisiting coaxial cable that runs between your Comcast DVR's RF output and your RF CH 3 input on your TV.  This is for TV's that only have a RF input and nothing else.

I was just at a person's home yesterday re-hooking up their equipment after they painted and put in new floors, and she had the same unit going to her older RF coaxial only TV set.

You hook the RF cable from the Comcast DVR to the RF in on the modulator

You hook the RF output of the modulator to the TV's RF coaxial input.

You hook up the composite yellow/red/white cables to the video in on the modulator from the DVD player's output..

When you turn on the DVD player it automatically switches the DVD / modulator output out the CH3 output to the TV.  Totally automatic.  When setting up, make sure all switches on the DVR and modulator are both set to CH3.

You will need one more coaxial jumper cable, and make sure you have your composite yel/red/wht cable for your DVD player.

Any more questions, please ask.

The user guide is online so you can see in advance how to hook it up.

http://www.radioshack.com/graphics/uc/rsk/Support/ProductManuals/1502526_PM_EN.pdf

Cable Expert
WarEagle57

Re: hooking up dvd player and dvr to tv

Neat gadget.

New Visitor
karenknoxville

k, I need help my DVD player will not work with the comcast DVR? my tv only works on the HDMI menu settlng.. my tv is 1yr old DVD Pioneer is about 8 yrs old... I have yellow. wht, red cables only... HELP

New Visitor
karenknoxville

I have new tv and old dvd having same problem... :smileyblush:

New Visitor
karenknoxville

having same problem.... new tv old dvd.... 

New Visitor
karenknoxville

yep, that work just I connect the dvd player straight to tv.... thanks for all your help u go TIGER

New Visitor
karenknoxville

NEW TV has to be on AV...............